Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello all,

After Jesus rose from the dead, and is now in heaven:

Is Jesus only 100% divine in heaven, and not man? Or both man and God now in heaven?
100% true humanity and 100% true deity.......forever.

He is mankind's(100% true humanity) High Priest(100% deity) forever and ever.

New American Standard Bible
where Jesus has entered as a forerunner for us, having become a high priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.

New American Standard Bible
For the Law appoints men as high priests who are weak, but the word of the oath, which came after the Law, appoints a Son, made perfect forever.

King James Bible
But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Upvote 0

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was, is and forever will be 100% God and 100% man with a rational soul and body.

So from eternity past and during eternity past, Jesus was only fully divine 100% God only, not man, then Jesus put on flesh when living on earth?

I guess my question is: What about prior to being on earth?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So from eternity past and during eternity past, Jesus was only fully divine 100% God only, not man, then Jesus put on flesh when living on earth?

That’s a good question. According to John 1:14 I believe that Jesus was not man before incarnation. The Word became flesh. To me that indicates that He was not flesh before. Now whether He is flesh after the resurrection I don’t know for sure. It very well could be possible. I’m not aware of any scripture that says for sure. We do know that He ascended to heaven both body and spirit. But who’s to know if He is still flesh or not?

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Mark_Sam

Veteran Newbie
Mar 12, 2011
✟54,249.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Yes. Prior to the Incarnation, his coming to earth, he was fully God, in heaven, without a human nature. Then, when he descended to the earth, he took on human flesh and received a human soul in the womb of the blessed virgin Mary.

Now whether He is flesh after the resurrection I don’t know for sure. It very well could be possible. I’m not aware of any scripture that says for sure. We do know that He ascended to heaven both body and spirit. But who’s to know if He is still flesh or not?

The union between the Divine nature and human nature in Christ, the Hypostatic Union, is the closest and most perfect of all unions. Scripture stresses that Christ after the resurrection retained his physical and human body. His Body was truly resurrected and glorified, and it never ceased to be. If it did, that would undermine his bodily resurrection, the hope we have in our own bodily resurrection on the last day, and Christ's role and the Mediator between God and man.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes. Prior to the Incarnation, his coming to earth, he was fully God, in heaven, without a human nature. Then, when he descended to the earth, he took on human flesh and received a human soul in the womb of the blessed virgin Mary.

The union between the Divine nature and human nature in Christ, the Hypostatic Union, is the closest and most perfect of all unions. Scripture stresses that Christ after the resurrection retained his physical and human body. His Body was truly resurrected and glorified, and it never ceased to be. If it did, that would undermine his bodily resurrection, the hope we have in our own bodily resurrection on the last day, and Christ's role and the Mediator between God and man.

Can you please show me where the scriptures say Jesus kept His human body after His ascension? The only place I see anything mentioned is in Acts 1.

“After saying this, he was taken up into a cloud while they were watching, and they could no longer see him. As they strained to see him rising into heaven, two white-robed men suddenly stood among them. “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why are you standing here staring into heaven? Jesus has been taken from you into heaven, but someday he will return from heaven in the same way you saw him go!””
‭‭Acts of the Apostles‬ ‭1:9-11

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
f E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

God the Father is God of all light and energy. He can disassociate mass into plasma (heat and light) and reassociate plasma back into mass, however to his will and liking. And God will soon disassociate mass into plasma and reassociate plasma back into mass one more time...

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. - 2 Peter 3:10

God the Father is the supreme form of light and energy. Christ Jesus even said... Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. - John 14:28

Christ Jesus is a form of light and energy. Not as great as the Father, but greater than he who is in the world... Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. - John 4:4

The Holy Spirit is a form of light and energy, and the apostle Paul attributed spiritual energy and light (love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith) as coming from the Holy Spirit.

As for the form of Christ I would say that he can change his form from that of a man to that of God, or vise versa. And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. - Matthew 17:1-2

Angels take the form of light and energy. "His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:" - Matthew 28:3

My variation of the Lord's Prayer....

My Father in Heaven, hallowed be thy name!
By Kingdom come thy will be done as in earth as it is in heaven
Give me today my daily bread and forgive me my debts as I forgive my debtors
And lead me not into sin but deliver me from evil
For thine is the kingdom, the power, the light, the energy, and the glory
Father, behold you disassociate mass into plasma and reassociate plasma into mass
all according to your will and your liking
I pray that you think favorably upon me oh God, and strengthen this body of mine
Give me of your light and energy, naturally, mentally, and spiritually...
Send the Holy Spirit to illuminate our way!
Let your name be glorified in heaven and in earth,
For it is in Jesus name I pray! Amen!

Upvote 0

Mark_Sam

Veteran Newbie
Mar 12, 2011
✟54,249.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Can you please show me where the scriptures say Jesus kept His human body after His ascension? The only place I see anything mentioned is in Acts 1.

The cessation of Christ's human nature would have been a really big deal - as big of a deal as his taking on a human body to begin with. It would be a major and dramatic change in his life. But Scripture doesn't mention it. Frankly, I think the burden of proof is on you to prove that it did cease, and until that time, a natural reading of the resurrection and ascension narratives points to him still having his body. But I can bring up some Scripture:

1 Corinthians 15:50-55. Resurrection bodies are described as imperishable and immortal. Christ has a resurrection body. Therefore it is also immortal and imperishable.

Romans 6:9. It says Christ will never die again. If his human body ceased to exist, then that would be another death. So this cannot be - he still has his human body.

1 Corinthians 10:16. How can the bread we break be the participation in the body of Christ, if the body is no more?

Acts 1:11. He will return in the same manner as he was taken up into heaven. This heavily implies that he will return in his human body.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello all,

Is Jesus only 100% divine in heaven, and not man? Or both man and God now in heaven?
I think Jesus is God in flesh.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The cessation of Christ's human nature would have been a really big deal - as big of a deal as his taking on a human body to begin with. It would be a major and dramatic change in his life. But Scripture doesn't mention it. Frankly, I think the burden of proof is on you to prove that it did cease, and until that time, a natural reading of the resurrection and ascension narratives points to him still having his body. But I can bring up some Scripture:

1 Corinthians 15:50-55. Resurrection bodies are described as imperishable and immortal. Christ has a resurrection body. Therefore it is also immortal and imperishable.

Romans 6:9. It says Christ will never die again. If his human body ceased to exist, then that would be another death. So this cannot be - he still has his human body.

1 Corinthians 10:16. How can the bread we break be the participation in the body of Christ, if the body is no more?

Acts 1:11. He will return in the same manner as he was taken up into heaven. This heavily implies that he will return in his human body.

Wow I love it when I learn something new. That is pretty compelling evidence. I would have to agree with you brother. Thanks for sharing that. God bless you brother.

Upvote 0

Mark_Sam

Veteran Newbie
Mar 12, 2011
✟54,249.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Wow I love it when I learn something new. That is pretty compelling evidence. I would have to agree with you brother. Thanks for sharing that. God bless you brother.
Thank you for the friendly and kind attitude. That is very rare on the internet. God bless you too. Keep asking questions and searching for the truth in Scriptures - as we all should.

• Friendly
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Hello all,

Jesus was never 'part man'.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the friendly and kind attitude. That is very rare on the internet. God bless you too. Keep asking questions and searching for the truth in Scriptures - as we all should.

Friendly and kind attitudes should be more frequent on this website. Unfortunately that’s not the case most of the time which is really sad. As Christians we should seek unity and build each other up and try not to argue about topics that really aren’t important to salvation. That’s where most of the debates are.

Reactions: Vicomte13
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was never 'part man'.
When did you get a soul/spirit?
When did Jesus get his soul/spirit?
Jesus was not exactly like us. His flesh was, but his soul/spirit is everlasting.
Ours starts at conception.

This is what it means that Jesus was both God and man.
He is God in the Spirit, man in the flesh.

Reactions: PrettyboyAndy
Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then, when he descended to the earth, he took on human flesh and received a human soul in the womb of the blessed virgin Mary.
Maybe you think soul means something different than it is commonly thought to represent today, but Jesus' spirit/soul is eternal and was not formed at his conception like it is for us humans.
Scripture stresses that Christ after the resurrection retained his physical and human body. His Body was truly resurrected and glorified, and it never ceased to be.
Scripture does not "stress" Jesus retained his physical body. Scripture gives a couple examples of Jesus eating and being touched. So reading what is exactly stated is that Jesus after resurrection could appear in his same physical body. But scripture says other odd things about the resurrected body, like he was not recognized by the disciples, he appeared and disappeared, he walked through walls. None of these things are common to his earlier life or that of others that were resurrected.
If it did, that would undermine his bodily resurrection, the hope we have in our own bodily resurrection on the last day, and Christ's role and the Mediator between God and man.
The Son of God has always been our mediator, even before being born with flesh.
The resurrection and hope it gives is that we are destined to eternal life. Scripture does not say that life will be the same as it is now.

Upvote 0

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Thanks for this clear explanation

• Winner
Reactions: BARNEY BRIGHT
Upvote 0

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you think soul means something different than it is commonly thought to represent today, but Jesus' spirit/soul is eternal and was not formed at his conception like it is for us humans.

Scripture does not "stress" Jesus retained his physical body. Scripture gives a couple examples of Jesus eating and being touched. So reading what is exactly stated is that Jesus after resurrection could appear in his same physical body. But scripture says other odd things about the resurrected body, like he was not recognized by the disciples, he appeared and disappeared, he walked through walls. None of these things are common to his earlier life or that of others that were resurrected.

The Son of God has always been our mediator, even before being born with flesh.
The resurrection and hope it gives is that we are destined to eternal life. Scripture does not say that life will be the same as it is now.

So what's your take on it? Do you have different views, regarding the nature of Jesus now.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now, for me, as someone who used to really, really wrestle with the Deity of Christ and finding a purely Scriptural means to understand His nature / divinity, this is where 2,000 years of previously thought-out Christology, creeds, councils, and findings are super, super appreciated and helpful.

Upvote 0