Visit site
✟15,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Now you want to rephrase the Bible to make it fit your FALSE doctrine that Jesus is God.

Umm. Ed.. this statment really does not do you any credit.

I can say the sasme thing about you, but there is no value in such a comment. Showme I have "rephrased" the Bible. Show me I have created a false doctrine. So far all you have done is show an opposing interpretation of the Bible, which you have yet to validate, and then claim mine is false, without showing why.

Upvote 0
A

Archieve

Ed, I think it was you that have said that God Is Not Man - Thank you!

Number 23:19 'God is not a man, that he should lie; neither is Son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall not he do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

To those who believes that Jesus is God - wasn't Jesus a man? - Yes or No?

[c] Here are some other things that God is not:[/c]

[c] Mocked[/c]

Galatians 6:7 'Be not decived; God is not mocked:for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

[c] Jesus was Mocked[/c]

St. Matthews 27:29 'And when they had plaited a crown of thorns, they put upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!

St. Luke 22:63 ' And the men that held Jesus ( mocked) him.

[c] Tempted[/c]

James 1:13 ' Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither he tempteth he any man.

I am only going to quote the first sentence.

St. Luke 4:2' Being forty days tempeted of the devil.'

St. Matthew 22:18 ' But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?

Upvote 0

ZoneChaos

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2002
Kansas City, MO
Visit site
✟15,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Galatians 6:7 'Be not decived; God is not mocked:for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Ids there a period after the owrd mocked? or a colon?
The first part of this verse makes a statement: God is not mocked. And, if this is all therewere, then this would be a general Statement, as oyu think it i, however, the writer then goe son to explain and define in deatial, that statement...

The writer was correcting those who were saying that the church mis-represents God. The writer said that if this is so, then it is a mockery of God. BUt the mockery of God is not there, because a man sows what he reaps.. ie, people who say they are christians, but do not live a christian life, are not truly Christians. If they were, then it ouwld be a mockery to GOd, but since a man sows what he reaps, is is said that he is not truly a Christian, and by this, God is not mocked.

"God is not mocked" is not a general statement in this verse.. it is a statement related to what follows it. God is not mocked, because a man sows what he reaps.

for God cannot be tempted with evil,

Jesus was a man. Fuly a man.. 100% As a man, Jesus was tempted, but as God He was not. Satan asked Jesus, as a man, to test God... but Jesus did not Test God. Jesu, the man, did not give into temptation, becasue Jesus, as God canot be tempted unto action. Satan proved the statement true.. Satan tried and failed to tempt God.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I still don't think you get it..Jesus was God and the bible plainly says that. It is very logical and very biblical. To have an atoining sacrifice he has to be perfect, no mere man could be perfect, but he had to be man to step in for us..solution God came up with..I'll be a man because I can do it..hence 100% man and 100% God. Jesus is God.

Upvote 0

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
LouisBooth,

How can Jesus be 100% MAN and 100% God at the same time? Please show me how you can fill an empty 1 gallon jar with 100% water and 100% oil at the SAME time.

Either Jesus WAS 100% GOD before he became 100% MAN or Jesus is 50% GOD and 50% MAN at the same time. Neither possiblity would make Jesus God.

If Jesus WAS 100% GOD before he became 100% MAN, then the Jesus who died on the cross, was buried and was raised by God from the dead WAS 100% MAN. This SAME man was SEEN by many when he ascended to heaven and will come the SAME way on judgment day (Acts 1:11).

Today, the SAME man, Jesus sits at the right hand of God (Col. 3:1). Heb. 13:8 says that Jesus is the SAME today, yesterday and forever. That means that Jesus was a MAN when he was conceived and born, he was a MAN when he grew up and did the work of God, he was a MAN when he ascended to heaven, he IS a MAN seated at the right hand of God and he will be a MAN when he comes again on judgment day.

Jesus CANNOT be 50% MAN and 50% GOD either because the Bible teaches that God is SPIRIT (John 4:24), IMMORTAL and INVISIBLE (1 Tim. 1:17; John 1:18; 1 John 4:12). Jesus has flesh and bones (Luke 24:19), MORTAL (he died, didn't he?) and VISIBLE (the apostles and 500 others SAW him).

Ed

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"How can Jesus be 100% MAN and 100% God at the same time? "

Phil 2:5-8

"Jesus CANNOT be 50% MAN and 50% GOD either because the Bible teaches that God is SPIRIT (John 4:24), "

Missing context here.

"MMORTAL and INVISIBLE (1 Tim. 1:17; John 1:18; 1 John 4:12). "

Funny how people saw him though huh?

"MORTAL (he died, didn't he"

:lol: poor reasoning here, Jesus is eternal, he says it himself.

"VISIBLE (the apostles and 500 others SAW him)."

So? People saw God too...stephen for example..

"Jesus CANNOT be 50% MAN and 50% GOD either because the Bible teaches that God is SPIRIT (John 4:24), "

Hmm...God appeared in a buring bush..in the holy of holies..read your OT more, you will see clear refutes to this simple limit you have placed on God.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.