• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Is Jesus 100% Man and 100% God?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by edpobre, Oct 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edpobre

edpobre Well-Known Member

+0
    Friends,

A lot of people I meet tell me that Jesus is 100% MAN and 100% GOD. Is there a verse in the Bible that says or implies this? Or could it be that Jesus is 50% MAN and 50% GOD?

Can anyone fill an empty 1 gallon jar with 100% water and 100% oil at the SAME time?

Ed

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Archieve

Archieve Guest

+0
    Ed are you your father or are you two- two different men?
    Explain your answer.

Thanks

3. ZoneChaos

ZoneChaos Senior Veteran

+21
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    it we are gooing to get simple.. don't thikn of it as 1+1+1=3 think of it as 1x1x1=1

Jesus was not half man and half God he was Fully GOd and Fully Man.

And, many have given you the verses to show this.

4. Archieve

Archieve Guest

+0
    Jesus is the son of God. He isn't God. I have shown scriptures to back what I am saying.

St. Matthew 5:8 "Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God"

If Jesus was God then that would mean people have seen God -that include sinners as well.

Jesus is not God. I am waiting for someone to show me in the bible where it states that Jesus was God wrapped up in the flesh. Where is the scripture?

5. edpobre

+0
    Archieve,

I'm not my Father and yes, I and my Father are two different men although I and my Father are ONE. Do I need to explain this?

Ed

6. Josephus

Josephus <b>Co-Founder Christian Forums</b> Supporter

+230
    Messianic
    Ed, if Jesus is not God, then how do you explain Luke 19:41-48?

Jesus is speaking about the future destruction of Jerusalem which happens in 70AD, and it is here in this verse he explain WHY Jerusalem is destroyed:

"They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God's coming to you." v44

When He finally comes back again Ed, I hope that you won't fall under the category of one who doesn't recognize Him for who He really is.

If you say it was Jesus who was "sent" then as you can clearly see, it is God that "came."

God is the Father, and God is the Son, and God is also the same Holy Spirit all three evident as the One and only God: our Creator, our Father, our Savior, our Counselor, our friend.

7. Archieve

Archieve Guest

+0
    Jesus wasn't God. He is the son of God.

8. Josephus

+230
    Messianic
    Then explain how God can "come" as that verse says.

9. edpobre

+0
    Josephus,

You wrote:

In Matthew 10:40, Jesus said: "He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives Him who sent me."

In John 13:20, Jesus also said: "Most assuredly I say to you, he who receives whomever I send receives me; and he who receives me receives Him who sent me."

And in Luke 10:16, Jesus said: "He who hears you hears me, he who rejects you rejects me, and he who rejects me rejects Him who sent me."

From these verses we can clearly understand what Jesus meant in Luke 19:44. Jesus was sent by God to bring His salvation near to the Jews. But they rejected Jesus whom God sent. According to Jesus, this meant rejecting God who sent him. Thus, his coming was the equivalent of God's coming to them.

You wrote:

In Luke 6:46, Jesus told those who called him LORD: "But why do you call me 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say?" Jesus identified the FATHER as the ONLY true God (John 17:3). He repeatedly referred to himself as the SON. Yet you insist that the SON is God.

In Mark 16:16, Jesus said: "...he who believes and is baptized will be saved." Yet you insist that baptism is NOT relevnt to salvation.

Your doctrines are CONTRARY to what Jesus taught. What makes you certain that you are not among those whom Jesus rebuked i

10. ZoneChaos

ZoneChaos Senior Veteran

+21
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    "Son of God" is more accurately written as Son of the Father.

Jesus can be God and be the Son of the Father.

11. Josephus

+230
    Messianic
    Thus, his coming was the equivalent of God's coming to them.

The equivalent? Boy, I'm surprised Ed that you would even conceed this. Unless your definition for equivalence is different than mine, I think you just stated that Jesus's comming is the same that of God's.

Reread the verses you posted: "I and my Father are one." "He who rejects Me, rejects the One who sent me."

Somewhere else Jesus says: "I have come so that you might have life, and have it more abundantly." And yet elsewhere in the bible (like in Genesis) it is only God that can give life.

Stop and think for a moment: if Jesus is God, the same God who spoke to Moses, and who is also the Father as we know Him in heaven, and is also that same Holy Spirit that talks to us and comforts us: the One and only. Is it not possible that God could also inhabit the created form of a man, and thus exalt that body - that fullness of Him to the highest place in the universe? Would it also be the greatest display of God's love for us by becomming like one of us, so that we too can be a part of Him forever?

Would you not say that these are valid points wothy of looking into and maybe looking at from another point of view: that Jesus is indeed God Himself? Every fiber of your being at this point is probably screaming at you to say no; the ingrained response to countless times you are approached with this - and prideful satisfaction that comes from "knowing" you're right. Yet you haven't really looked for yourself yet - at least not what I and others have to say. If there is a God, then let the truth be known, and let's start with this particular angle.

We'll head for those other doctrines you talked about later, somewhere down the path once we get there. For now though, let's concentrate on this one.

12. Archieve

Archieve Guest

+0
    ZoneChaos Wrote:

ZoneChaos, pull out your bible and share scriptures with me, where it states that Jesus is God. Don't continue to beat around the bush like you are doing. Back what you are saying by share scriptures with me.

If Jesus is God, then who is the [?

13. ZoneChaos

ZoneChaos Senior Veteran

+21
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    He is worshiped (Matt. 2:2,11; 14:33; 28:9)
    He is prayed to (Acts 7:59; 1 Cor. 1:2)
    He was called God (John 20:28; Heb. 1::cool:
    He was called Son of God (Mark 1:1)
    He is sinless (1 Pet. 2:22; Heb. 4:15)
    He knew all things (John 21:17)
    He gives eternal life (John 20:2:cool:
    The fullness of deity dwells in Him (Col. 2:9)

These are tnhings God deos that are credited to Jesus

Obviouslt you do not accept the "Word" as mentioned in John 1:1 as being Jesus.. so I didn't post the scripture but I accept the Word as Jesus.

14. Josephus

+230
    Messianic
    Nice post, Zone. Good scripture too, btw.

Now to see if we've convinced our comrades. :)

15. Archieve

Archieve Guest

+0
    ZoneChaos Wrote:

Why can't we worship Jesus.

In order to get to God You have to go through Jesus ( St. John 14:7 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and life: no man cometh unto the "Father," but by me.

Yes John 20: 28 - Thomas has said My Lord and My God (That's not saying that Jesus was God) - He didn't want to believe that the other disciples have seen Jesus. Jesus had to show himself to Thomas in order for him to believe.

Now down to Hebrew 1:1, you need to read pass verse one to understand what is being told. In verse one the Author is letting you know that God used prophets to speak unto the fathers, but now he has used his Son

Yes Jesus sin not. Even Jesus obeyed his Father - (God's) commandments.

He was here from the beginning,with God

Give me another scripture - St. John 20:2 is talking about Mary Magdelene, looking for Jesus

Everything that's in God is in Jesus

16. LouisBooth

LouisBooth Well-Known Member

+59
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    "Why can't we worship Jesus. "

We can but according to commandment one there are no other Gods, none at all that exsist...so if we worship someone other then God then we are breaking God's commandments..thus worshiping Jesus is worshiping God, which is right because Jesus is God.

"Everything that's in God is in Jesus"

That's right..because Jesus is God.

17. ZoneChaos

ZoneChaos Senior Veteran

+21
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican

Hehe.. well.. I can.. you can't :) I think Jesus is God.. so I have no problem with it. You think Jesus is not GOd, so under your belefs, worshipping Jesus would make him a false idol.. since God is the only one to be worshipped.

And since God is the only one to be worshipped.. do you worship Jesus as God? hmm..

ame as above. Prayer is meant for communication to God. I have no problem with it, but you should.

Why didn't Jesus rebuke Thomas for calling Him God if Jesus was not God?

And as the son of aman has the nature of its father.. should Jesus also have the same nature as His Father?

"Sinless" isn't "not commiting acts of sin" Sinless is not having a sinful nature. All of man is sinful by nature. Jesus was not, becasue He was not born of man, but of God. God is sinless, so then is Jesus as His Son.

Think about that.. If Jesus was not God could that be possible?

That's right because Jesus is God. :)

18. edpobre

+0
    ZoneChaos,

Now you want to rephrase the Bible to make it fit your FALSE doctrine that Jesus is God.

And to think that a lot of people make a case against the JWS for making their own translation of the Bible.

Ed

19. edpobre

+0
    Josephus,

This question is moot and academic my friend.

If I ONLY pretend to believe the Bible and also ONLY pretend to have faith and trust in Jesus as my LORD and savior, then I might think as you and all the others do.

You say let truth be known. Do you really mean this? Or are you pretending to be seeking the truth? The truth is what Jesus says not what the Council of Nicea said and did and certainly not what priests, pastors and evangelists preach.

And to borrow your quote: "Every fiber of your being at this point is probably screaming at you to say no; the ingrained response to countless times you are approached with this - and prideful satisfaction that comes from "knowing" you're right."

Ed

20. LouisBooth

LouisBooth Well-Known Member

+59
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    "This question is moot and academic my friend. "

Yes it is, from a strictly academic point of view the text says Jesus is God and God is tribuine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.