USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is a brother/sister of mine here who is wearing a cilice. This is what the Holy Spirit has been telling me for three weeks. It is the fruit from self-imposed discipline undertaken in the hopes of a manifestation of power.

Our walk with Jesus was never meant to be reduced to a discipline. It is about a relationship.

I sense God desires this person to have a childlike heart. That will be my prayer...:)

Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. Matt 13:15

Reactions: KleinerApfel

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
cil·ice
premium.gif
thinsp.png
/ˈsɪl
thinsp.png
ɪs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sil-is] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun 1. a garment of haircloth formerly worn by monks; a hair shirt.

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There is a brother/sister of mine here who is wearing a cilice. This is what the Holy Spirit has been telling me for three weeks. It is the fruit from self-imposed discipline undertaken in the hopes of a manifestation of power.

Our walk with Jesus was never meant to be reduced to a discipline. It is about a relationship.

I sense God desires this person to have a childlike heart. That will be my prayer...:)

Discipleship requires following Jesus on His terms. I always believed that the Holy Spirit converts and Christians disciple which means giving up has to do "self" while cost of discipleship has to do with discipling "others". Christianity without discipleship is always Christianity without Christ. We are to believe and follow Christ in all things, including His words about Scripture carefully guided and preserved by God. If the Bible is less than this to us, we are not fully Christ's disciples. The one true sign of discipleship is intimate oneness with Him, a knowledge of Jesus that nothing can shake, including our own faith.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
He never said we couldn't seek both. One should not be at the expense of the other.

Well, we should seek HIS face because in HIS presence is our close relationship HE desires with us, then the works of power flow automatically from that walk with HIM.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

therebelprophet

Apr 21, 2007
✟16,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think this might be me that God is showing you...can you give me some more information about what you saw?

Upvote 0

Stpatterk

Jun 23, 2006
Iqaluit
✟18,208.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals

I love you Lord for you will leave the 99 till you find the lost sheep. May this person be found by You!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.