New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It says in the 10 commandments that we shouldn't put any other GOD before me.

When we worship JESUS and pray to JESUS are we worshiping other GODS?

We put JESUS on the same playing field as GOD is that wrong?, are we worshiping JESUS wrong?
JEsus is the image of the unseen God on earth. He is God in a similar sense that it is you that you see in the mirror. He is currently with the Father and so we have his Spirit who is with all who belong to him. The Father, the Son and the Spirit are all one and the same person expressed differently for different purposes. So if we consider this to be true we should have no issue with worship of any of the 3 expressions of YHWH.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟760,777.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
1 John 5:20

Jesus (Son) + Holy Spirit + God (Father) are all one, triune God. The only difference is in our interactions.

Emmanuel means "God among us" Jesus the Son descended to earth to show us how to live by fulfilling the law and to save us from the power of sin and death by being the eternal sacrifice, once for all time.

The Holy Spirit went out into the earth upon his physical death and brings us into communion with Him today. John 14:26 , 2 Corinthians 4:16

The Father is Sovereign over all. Luke 1:37 , Revelation 1:8 , Jeremiah 32:27

When I pray, I direct my prayers to Jesus and meditate on His holy character, because Jesus endured the same toils of this life that all humans endure. But there's no harm in praying to the Holy Spirit or to Father God at all.

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

We put JESUS on the same playing field as GOD is that wrong?, are we worshiping JESUS wrong?
Matthew chapter 14 verse 33
Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God."

Jesus is God so I don't think it matters.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus Christ was a man and lived the life of a man. However, if you believe the Bible at all--which I'm sure you do--it is absolutely clear that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are one God.

That doesn't mean the three are identical, but they are one god. This is the doctrine of the Trinity. And Jesus in many ways affirmed his divine nature, even as he showed the characteristics, emotions, etc. of his human nature.
When one tries to explain this externally of scriptures itsxan uphill battle.
But we know whoever denies the son denies the father .
And we know you can't worship God outside of the Lord Jesus.it would be to disobey God.
And disobedience is not worship.it's rebellion

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: - John 15:26

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me... - John 16:13-14

The Holy Spirit will testify of and glorify the Lord Jesus Christ...

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Jesus is God though

John 1King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14King James Version (KJV)
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

• Agree
Reactions: Tsquared
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Response to post #27: " Jesus IS God "

More accurately, Jesus the God-Man is DEITY/DIVINE.

God the Son is NOT identical to / exactly the same as: God the Father nor God the Holy Spirit.

John 10:
30 I and the Father are one.”
(in spiritual essence and nature ONLY,
NOT in spiritual identity as to NAME, RANK, ROLE, FUNCTION, MISSION, etc)

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

You've got it wrong. Jesus IS God. The Holy Trinity has three Persons, Father, Son (Jesus,) and Holy Spirit.

The Father is God, the Holy Spirit is God, and Jesus is, was, and always will be God!

• Agree
Reactions: ICONO'CLAST
Upvote 0

HighCherub

Jul 20, 2017
Richmond, VA
✟4,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
'Son of God' was understood as 'God the Son'. There's a tradition originating by a man named Arius in one of the early centuries of Christianity which refuses to see it that way despite it's overwhelming certainty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ron Gurley

Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"God" in the NT is only Father (pater) and God (theos).

Jesus claimed and proved that He was DIVINE/DEITY, but He was not identical to the other two spiritual Persons of the Godhead.

He never said nor claimed: "I am God".

Matthew 26 (NASB)...Jesus' trial before Caiaphas
63 But Jesus kept silent.
And the high priest said to Him,
“I adjure You by the living God,
that You tell us whether You are the Christ, the Son of God.”
64 Jesus said to him,
“You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you,
hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.”
65 Then the high priest tore his robes and said,
“He has blasphemed! What further need do we have of witnesses? Behold, you have now heard the blasphemy; 66 what do you think?”
They answered, “He deserves death!”

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Jesus Christ is the main mediator and link between God and humans, the only Second in the heavenly hierarchy after God the Father, the manifestation of the true God that could be seen, the One showing the right way to believe in God, the only begotten firstborn Son of the true God...

the way He can be honored is revealed at least in the very process of practicing the faith in God the Father and Him...

one of the greatest Angels advised worshiping God honoring only Jesus as a Lord/Christ:

Revelation 19:9-10 "he said to me, “Write, ‘Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.’” And he said to me, “These are true words of God.” Then I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Do not do that; I am a fellow servant of yours and your brethren who hold the testimony of Jesus; worship God. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”"

many years ago when i began to practice the faith in the true One, i was not aware of who He is, i was inclined to think that He may be any of the known and unknown gods, but after seeking/invoking the One Who is really the true God for several weeks, one day i saw Him - He appeared to me, and It was neither krishna, nor buddha, etc., but Jesus Christ, the manifestation of the true God that could be seen, because God the Father can't be seen, but His Son is the most perfect example of a true worshiper and spiritual servant of the true God, because the only way humans can know the true One is the way of practicing the faith in Him according to the perfect truth/righteousness that His Son revealed and still reveals...

1 John 5:19-21 "We know that we are of God, and that the whole world lies in the power of the evil one. And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life. Little children, guard yourselves from idols."

Blessings

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well what can be seen from this thread is just how complex the trinity is tbh. TO me in order for the son, father, Holy Spirit to be co-equal you have to believe each is God because God=supreme. To suggest Jesus isn't God would be putting him below the father not only that but scripture indicates Jesus=God

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Response to post #27: " Jesus IS God "

More accurately, Jesus the God-Man is DEITY/DIVINE.

God the Son is NOT identical to / exactly the same as: God the Father nor God the Holy Spirit.

John 10:
30 I and the Father are one.”
(in spiritual essence and nature ONLY,
NOT in spiritual identity as to NAME, RANK, ROLE, FUNCTION, MISSION, etc)
No Jesus is God 1 John 3:16 16Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you saw Jesus walking in Jerusalem and shouted: "Hey God (theos)", do you think He would answer??

Divine/Deity...>"Y'shua ha Maschiach"...
Jesus the Divine Messiah.

1 John 3(NASB)...for BELIEVERS ONLY
8b ...The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil...
16 We know love by this, that He (Jesus) laid down His life FOR us;
and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren...
23 This is His (God the Father's) commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. 24 The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by (God) the (Holy) Spirit whom He has given us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you saw Jesus walking in Jerusalem and shouted: "Hey God (theos)", do you think He would answer??

Divine/Deity...>"Y'shua ha Maschiach"...
Jesus the Divine Messiah.

1 John 3(NASB)...for BELIEVERS ONLY
8b ...The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil...
16 We know love by this, that He (Jesus) laid down His life FOR us;
and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren...
23 This is His (God the Father's) commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. 24 The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by (God) the (Holy) Spirit whom He has given us.
That translation only confirms what I'm suggesting tbh. Also of course Jesus wouldn't respond at least early in his ministry remember he humbled himself below angels and didn't proclaim his Godliness. In fact this verse emphasizes my point that he was indeeed God in flesh. And that post his death others finnaly realized who he was, the Jews in acts finnaly did as well and responded accordingly on the day of Pentecost by being baptized in the name of Jesus (as if to suggest Jesus was more then just a lower figure) and receiving the Holy Ghost.
1 Timothy 3:16King James Version (KJV)
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brother Daniel 210

Aug 10, 2017
San Antonio
✟16,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That translation only confirms what I'm suggesting tbh. Also of course Jesus wouldn't respond at least early in his ministry remember he humbled himself below angels and didn't proclaim his Godliness. In fact this verse emphasizes my point that he was indeeed God in flesh. And that post his death others finnaly realized who he was, the Jews in acts finnaly did as well and responded accordingly on the day of Pentecost by being baptized in the name of Jesus (as if to suggest Jesus was more then just a lower figure) and receiving the Holy Ghost.
1 Timothy 3:16King James Version (KJV)
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus the God-Man DID claim and prove His Deity/Divinity.

Matthew 26 (NASB)...Jesus'trial before Caiaphas
63 But Jesus kept silent.
And the high priest said to Him,
“I adjure You by the living God,
that You tell us whether You are the Christ, the Son of God.”
64 Jesus said to him,
“You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you,
hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.”
65 Then the high priest tore his robes and said,
“He has blasphemed! What further need do we have of witnesses? Behold, you have now heard the blasphemy;
66 what do you think?”
They answered, “He deserves death!”

John 10:33
The Jews answered Him, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God.”

Matthew 28
9 And behold, (risen) Jesus met them (women) and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him.

SEE ALSO:
1. Jesus' baptism...Matthew 3:13-17

2. Glory revealed on the Mount of Transfiguration: Matthew 17

Upvote 0