Is it wrong to daydream about what its like being an Angel or god?

Cement

Mar 24, 2018
Austin
✟55,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Ever since my childhood I remember getting these strange feelings of overwhelming joy like all my wishes were to turn true all of a sudden. Later on I would day dream alot because of this I struggled somewhat in school. Since everyone daydreams sometimes more or less its not a problem but daydreaming about what its like to be the an angel or even the Allmighty like in Bruce Almighty might not exactly be your typical power fantasy anyway I considered Bruce to be quite unimaginative. Curing all sickness making the world perfectly fair ect. I dont want to offend, question, doubt God I want to be submissive to him and loved by him there is nothing greater then this but sometimes I wish I knew what its like to be at the helm. Jesus said that those that have faith can move mountains and I am one of the few who believe this to be a literal truth as much as it is symbolic.

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ever since my childhood I remember getting these strange feelings of overwhelming joy like all my wishes were to turn true all of a sudden. Later on I would day dream alot because of this I struggled somewhat in school. Since everyone daydreams sometimes more or less its not a problem but daydreaming about what its like to be the an angel or even the Allmighty like in Bruce Almighty might not exactly be your typical power fantasy anyway I considered Bruce to be quite unimaginative. Curing all sickness making the world perfectly fair ect. I dont want to offend, question, doubt God I want to be submissive to him and loved by him there is nothing greater then this but sometimes I wish I knew what its like to be at the helm. Jesus said that those that have faith can move mountains and I am one of the few who believe this to be a literal truth as much as it is symbolic.

Ah, but if you were God you wouldn't cure every disease, you wouldn't bring world peace instantly, you would do exactly what God is doing right now. You desire the power like the Almighty, but not the whole divine consciousness and being in sacrifice of your own. It is very different. God's purpose in this fallen world may seem like a mystery, but he knows what he is doing and why, and it all leads to his glory one way or another.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟398,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
What a breath of fresh air it is to read your post. It’s almost as if I can sense your childlike wonder and imagination and faith.

I wouldn’t dismiss daydreaming about what it’s like being like an angel or like God, you probably could even include Jesus in your daydreams like a type of prayer almost. In the Bible Jesus says we will be like the angels once we get to Heaven, though He is referring to marriage it still begs to differ I’m sure if you wanted once you got to Heaven you could ask to have wings like an angel, and He says He will put us in charge of things and be given authority to us in Revelation.
Anyways it’s fun to imagine what it will be like in Heaven and the like.

Reactions: Cement
Upvote 0