Is it wrong to attend two Bible Churches?

Suikoden2

Oct 30, 2019
Region IV-A
✟26,830.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is the first time I went to Church.
The first one I went to has worship on Wednesday and Sunday. I went Wednesday and the pastor told me to come on Sunday. I went to another Church near my home on Sunday. Is it ok to go to the first Church on Wednesday and the other Church on Sunday?

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
The first one I went to has worship on Wednesday and Sunday. I went Wednesday and the pastor told me to come on Sunday. I went to another Church near my home on Sunday. Is it ok to go to the first Church on Wednesday and the other Church on Sunday?
You are completely free to go where you like, and don't let anyone ever tell you different.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,301.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Of course.
It's fine to go to whichever church feeds you/suits you best/provides teaching, fellowship and prayer support. That might be both of those churches, or one of them and another one, or all 3.

• Agree
Reactions: danbuter
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Having worship twice a week is common in many churches. The first pastor was just informing you that his church did have two times when they met, and inviting you back to the next service, on Sunday.

Since you are looking around at churches, it's perfectly OK to go to another church in order to see what that church is like as well.
As you are looking at different churches, pay attention to what is being taught, how friendly the congregation is, and how welcoming the pastor is. Best wishes.

Reactions: danbuter
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Certainly, it is OK--especially as you have yet to commit to either one by becoming a member. Some people even attend a couple of different churches after joining one of them, and there is very little criticism of that.

In addition, Wednesday services are normally not the same as Sunday worship services, so that would be another reason for not feeling wrong to attend both. When the pastor told you, on Wednesday, to come back on Sunday, this fact was probably the reason for that advice.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,072,767.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
There is actually nothing in the Bible telling you to go to a Church on Sunday or on any other day. The word "Church", in the Bible, is actually a Greek word translated from Ekklesia. Ekklesia simply means a gathering of believers at any time and any place. The real "Church"is the believers, not a building with a cross on top. You might want to research about when the Sabbath is, some day, too and what the Bible actually says about how to keep it holy.

Well, I will tell you in part. The Bible tells us to rest on the Sabbath. Now police officers, nurses and so on need to work, but it is okay to save others on the Sabbath. The Bible tells us not to have servants work for us on the Sabbath, but to let them rest. Think waitresses, shopkeepers and so on.

We are even to let our animals rest then, and to not keep them penned up. We are to prepare our meals in advance. Now some will say "That's the Old Testament, things are different now." Are they? Can we now murder, steal, commit adultery and so on?

We are told to keep the day holy, devoted to the Lord, in Isaiah. So there goes Netflix and other secular entertainment. We are told, also in Isaiah, not to buy and sell on that day.

The Bible says the Lord "will not alter what goes out of His mouth." If that is not true, why believe any of the Bible? At Mt. Sinai, to the ears of the terrified Israelites below, He audibly spoke the 10 Commandments. He has called them "everlasting" and "for all generations" and not just them.

If you are getting help and fellowship in one or a dozen Churches, at one time or multiple times, that is your choice.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There is actually nothing in the Bible telling you to go to a Church on Sunday or on any other day.
Actually the New Testament says not to forsake assembling together with other believers. As you said, that's actually what a "church" is--an assembly or gathering. The NT further states that this was done by the early believers on Sundays. And Our Lord commanded his followers to observe the sacred meal, Holy Communion, which is not possible if one is alone.

Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0