Is it wrong that i don't want Jesus to come yet?

Jags

Apr 27, 2019
Seattle
✟32,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
seems like you're either not confident in your place in Christ or that you have a very low view of being in Heaven with the One you say you love.
I haven't read the bible fully yet so that might be why i'm not super confident and my faith isn't the super best but i believe and i feel like my faith is getting better and better each day.I feel like when i spend much more time with Jesus i will be more confident in my faith and place in Heaven.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
seems like you're either not confident in your place in Christ or that you have a very low view of being in Heaven with the One you say you love.
He's only come to Christ less than two months ago, I doubt he understands much of anything about his position in Christ yet. We need to give him time to learn.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I haven't read the bible fully yet so that might be why i'm not super confident and my faith isn't the super best but i believe and i feel like my faith is getting better and better each day.I feel like when i spend much more time with Jesus i will be more confident in my faith and place in Heaven.
Yes you will.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

That's ok, as long as you set yourself in the right path, you're good. No rush!

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
is it wrong that i don't want Jesus to come yet?
i'v been with god for almost 2 months and my life has been getting much better with Jesus but is this wrong?
This is interesting. I always wonder if it is wrong to desire His coming, sooner than later.

If things are going well and you are walking with God... I can understand why you would want it delayed.

However, I have found that the more Godly that I try to live, the more the world causes me grief.. and then I just want God to send Jesus and end all the hate, hurt, violence, corruption, crime and pain.... especially to those who cannot protect themselves.

So, I think that the deal breaker here is "why do you want Him to delay"?

Is it due to your having a good time... or is it due to you wanting more to be saved?

I strongly desire His coming... sooner the better.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Lets just say that I'm ready, if He comes I'm going and going willingly. But there are so many people who are unsaved and that I wish could see the light. Some of them family members who I love. To me is pure selfishness to wish He comes sooner than it takes to convince all who are convincable to be among us when we go. But God's will be done. So we have a task while we remain here don't we ?

The world is terrible and we watch it getting worse I think by the day. None the less, we never know who might still believe who does not yet believe. I pray I can get a word out to even just one and the Holy spirit produces a work in them.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I recall wanting to die after feeling I was "saved," so to not have an opportunity to sin again and go to "hell"

But never did I desire for the race to stop for all, so that I could go to heaven and to hell with everyone else....they should have got saved before me...

All who think they are holier because they want the wicked washed away sooner rather than later, need be careful lest they are washed away too.

Upvote 0

MyFaith87

At the Potter’s house (Jeremiah 18)
Jun 8, 2019
Buena
✟8,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
There’s people that don’t like me, but guess what I don’t care what people think of me at all, all that matters is, that we have God by our side. If we have God by our side we are in good hands, there not against us but against God ! Those thoughts of (I just want to end everything) is not from God, the enemy plants thoughts in our heads to put actions to it in order to sin. That’s where we have to keep praying submitting our selves to god so when the enemy comes and try’s to attack we will be ready with the ( armor of God ) Ephesians (chapter 6 verse 10 through 18)
We do have the will to do what we want, so choose wisely. God can’t give you a battle you can’t handle, he knows you can get through this, it’s a battle you can win. Rebuke those negative thoughts, play Christian music. I understand you just started following God, God never said it was going to be a easy process. We are victorious with God by our side. You have friends (Friends in Christ) Jesus is our friend. I’m your friend in Christ, Even if our friends, family, siblings abandoned us, God will never befriend us or leave us abandon. Believe in his word, Change your mindset and pray think positive and leave it in Gods hands. Of course the enemy will try his best to see you destroyed so he will try his hardest to keep you away from God. Rebuke him and seek God. Once you accepted God as your savior, you are stamped with the Holy Spirit. If god lives in us he will give us the strength to stand against the enemy. We have the power to shake it off and keep walking a straight line! I have faith in you, you got this.

Reactions: Jags
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,085,676.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
He's gonna come when He's gonna come. The Bible gives the signs that precede His return, both in the Old and New Testaments. We're not there yet. Close maybe, but much prophecy has not been fulfilled. (I particularly like the analysis of those prophecies from Armageddon vids, as in the one about Mystery Babylon.)

Relax. Enjoy getting closer to the Lord. Let Him run things. Be prepared always, of course, because He can come for any of us at any moment, in a sense, if our life would end suddenly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
is it wrong that i don't want Jesus to come yet?
i'v been with god for almost 2 months and my life has been getting much better with Jesus but is this wrong?

I'll let other posters answer if it is 'wrong' or not.

For me, all the pain, the misery, the suffering, the betrayal, the back stabbing, the hurtful words, the sinful thoughts, the evil around us.....

Really you like this? I can not relate to that at all. Heaven is going to be amazing. A please without pain. Without sin. Without evil. Without cheaters, betrayers, and liars.

How could I not want that as soon as possible?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we are experiencing a terrible time down here and would like for things to improve now....as opposed to being saved in the future.... we should consider our relationship with the Lord....

"9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways."

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."

If we arent experiencing peace, it would be unwise to say...."I know Im right, so I will not change and everyone else who feel the opposite of me must be doing something wrong"

It would, however, be wise to go get that peace the Lord promised us....now.

Upvote 0

Jags

Apr 27, 2019
Seattle
✟32,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'll let other posters answer if it is 'wrong' or not.

For me, all the pain, the misery, the suffering, the betrayal, the back stabbing, the hurtful words, the sinful thoughts, the evil around us.....

Really you like this? I can not relate to that at all. Heaven is going to be amazing. A please without pain. Without sin. Without evil. Without cheaters, betrayers, and liars.

How could I not want that as soon as possible?
I hate those kinds of things but i manily want Jesus return to not be now since i don't feel 100% saved at the moment and my dad isn't either so i want more people to be with him before he comes.

Upvote 0

proverbs3

Apr 13, 2018
just somewhere
✟21,976.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Before when i wasn't really with god / barely believing i was scared of the 2nd coming but after i i learned more about jesus and started to actually believe and have actual faith in him i wasn't scared anymore. But am still not ready i feel like it i also get what you mean i Enjoy life from what god gave to me. I Don't enjoy what the world has become today i sometimes also wish that i would just die when i'm angry and for jesus to take me up to heaven.
i don't think you will be in heaven but in the new earth where you will be living forever and you've already forgotten this current life of yours

God Is Truly Good All The Time and he loves you don't listen to things of opposite they'll only makes you down and led you away from the right path

Upvote 0

jannikitty

wise ole owl
Nov 22, 2011
Pacific NW.
✟28,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
No, I don't think it is wrong not to want Jesus to come yet even though we pray.."Marantha" and hope for his soon-coming as others have done now for centuries. God's 'soon' is not necessarily our 'soon'. Many all over the world have not come to Christ nor even heard the gospel message yet. They need time. Keep trusting that Jesus will come back on time..God's time!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums