Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Cigarettes
Cannabis
Whatever else out there.

Cos that would be a deal breaker, in my view.

Cigarettes...she will age faster and look older than my own mother.
Cannabis...she will refuse to work and won't help with paying bills.
Meth...she will have both of the above, but worse, and be constantly committing crime.

Deal breaker.

Upvote 0

HisGraceAbounds

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I spent the last 7 years of my life caring for my father who was slowly dying of emphysema caused by smoking 2 packs a day of cigarettes. Seeing someone slowly waste away in front of you, gasping for every breath as they are force-fed ever-increasing amounts of oxygen is enough to change a person's views on smoking (or at least, it did mine).

Cannabis...no comment.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
It would be very difficult for me. I watched my grandmother's health deteriorate because of it. All but one of my grandparents were smokers, and the ones who did suffered because of it. The one who did not smoke outlived two husbands and is still pretty healthy in her 80's.

My ex husband smoked. He quit smoking for a long time, about 2 years. Then he picked it up again and did so worse than before, refusing to even try to quit again. I became resentful toward him because I could see what he was setting me up for, taking care of him while he suffered a slow death younger than he would have to die otherwise. I expected to be used up and drained and then left a widow because of his choice. We divorced for other reasons, but I don't feel bad admitting that not having to face that future is a relief to me.

You also have to consider that second hand smoke has a very bad effect on the those around the smokers. It has been shown to cause asthma and respiratory illness in children of smokers, and lung cancer in adults. You have to consider if you want to risk getting lung cancer and put your children at risk of respiratory illness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums