• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Is it true to say, there is no depicting Revelation, because of the command not to edit the book?

Discussion in 'The Writers Guild' started by GoldenKingGaze, Sep 28, 2021.

1. GoldenKingGaze

GoldenKingGaze Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.

+380
    Australia
    Pentecostal
    Single
    AU-Liberals
    At the end of John's Revelation we are commanded not to edit the book, not to add or subtract from it. I suppose we had no choice but to add gaps and fulls stops, also numbers... but we cannot make a work of creative non fiction of this book, due to the end command. True to say?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. mnorian

mnorian Oldbie--Eternal Optimist Staff Member Administrator CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+10,202
    Christian
    Married
    I don't know; some translations seem to have done that. :)

3. spiritfilledjm

spiritfilledjm Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,258
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    No, that's fine. They're not intending to add to the writings of John specifically, but rather help folks understand the meaning behind His writing. The periods, verses and chapters and things like that is not adding to the actual writings either.

4. spiritfilledjm

spiritfilledjm Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,258
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    A better way to put what I said, if one says "God has given more instruction for Revelation and it needs to be added to the book of Revelation!" No...that is wrong. The more likely though is, "This bit of Revelation is not actually divinely inspired and should be removed, here's why!". I mean, there's a shockingly large group of people who claim to be Christian that thinks that virtually all of the new testament after the Gospel is not the Word of God so it wouldn't shock me if one or more of their "scholars" have already said that.

If one is like, "Hey, here's my two cents on Revelation that I have published." or "I'm writing a screenplay based on the events of Revelation." That, in my opinion, is fine. They are not specifically trying to add to the book or take away from it.

5. BobRyan

BobRyan Junior Member Supporter

+6,583
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    there is a very large group of Christians who think that all the Bible from Genesis to the Gospels is to discounted for Christians and only that which comes after the gospel accounts is applicable. That was a surprise to me the first time I heard it.

IN any case - "illustrating" the bible has never been considered "adding to it" from what I have seen.

6. GoldenKingGaze

GoldenKingGaze Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.

+380
    Australia
    Pentecostal
    Single
    AU-Liberals
    In portraying Revelation creatively, one may think of adding an explanation scene... to show that Jesus is not Michael for example.