Is it true??? & some questions about relationship w/ God. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmeriLovesJesus

BELIEVING IS SEEING
Jan 18, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟16,350.00
Faith
Christian
Is it true that God never leaves us that the only distance we ever feel is really by our choice??

I need to get back out there in my life. Get back to work Ive been looking but truthfully not hard enough (I think) because I fear getting back out there & loosing him through all the chaos of the world. I left my job months ago due to family situations I needed to tend to. I was on an even road at the time & actually had a better job lined up but I had a nervous breakdown with all that happened & actually gave up & gave in. Those who know me here have seen the struggle within myself I have been trying to come out of these past months.

An update on that I am really doing so much better (inside) & thats where it all starts right? The most important. People could look at my life right now & see that Im unemployed & have bills that need to be paid & could say Im not doing better.. but Ive defined my own value over these past years by my job & as long as I was making money I felt worthy of being a good person... then God was taking me through a long lesson that I needed to be secure in myself without the material things. This past month I have made the days count. Learning that well since I dont have a job I could do something else with my time until I do. I still feel guilty though.. Im looking for jobs ... but I am so afraid to get back out there .. & have the world interfere with my relationship with God yet at the same time Im excited to get back to work & I start back at College in Sept.

My relationship with God has surely come to a whole different level where I am learning to confide in him on anything. Sometimes though it feels a little unreal to be so calm & not be worried about anything. Is this normal???

Also please pray that I find a good job that I will enjoy & wont consume my entire life nor my spiritual life?

Thanks in advance

F

freeport

Is it true that God never leaves us that the only distance we ever feel is really by our choice??

I need to get back out there in my life. Get back to work Ive been looking but truthfully not hard enough (I think) because I fear getting back out there & loosing him through all the chaos of the world. I left my job months ago due to family situations I needed to tend to. I was on an even road at the time & actually had a better job lined up but I had a nervous breakdown with all that happened & actually gave up & gave in. Those who know me here have seen the struggle within myself I have been trying to come out of these past months.

An update on that I am really doing so much better (inside) & thats where it all starts right? The most important. People could look at my life right now & see that Im unemployed & have bills that need to be paid & could say Im not doing better.. but Ive defined my own value over these past years by my job & as long as I was making money I felt worthy of being a good person... then God was taking me through a long lesson that I needed to be secure in myself without the material things. This past month I have made the days count. Learning that well since I dont have a job I could do something else with my time until I do. I still feel guilty though.. Im looking for jobs ... but I am so afraid to get back out there .. & have the world interfere with my relationship with God yet at the same time Im excited to get back to work & I start back at College in Sept.

My relationship with God has surely come to a whole different level where I am learning to confide in him on anything. Sometimes though it feels a little unreal to be so calm & not be worried about anything. Is this normal???

Also please pray that I find a good job that I will enjoy & wont consume my entire life nor my spiritual life?

Thanks in advance

<<Is it true that God never leaves us that the only distance we ever feel is really by our choice?? >>

That is what I do. And I know it is good to do that. So, I am quite sure it is the same with God.

Scripture says so, actually, again and again: for instance, in the Prophets. Despite all of Israel's sins, God never left Israel and kept standing there, asking for "her" to come back.

Also consider God's will, and God will always consider you.

As for it being unreal to feel so calm in the storm: that is God for you. That is the Spirit of Jesus in your heart.

That is the peace and joy of the Holy Spirit.

Worry is what Jesus condemned. The Apostles did not give many words from Jesus to people, but Jesus spoke much condemning worry and planning for tomorrow.

It is God who finds a job for you. Look, and He will find one for you, if you feel you are healed. You should never worry about it. You are right: salvation is in rest and quietness of soul. (Isaiah.)

Sometimes people need time to heal from difficult storms. God is right there with you, I am sure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

arborvita

Retired.
Jun 9, 2005
Wild Wild West
✟60,253.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello ALJ! :wave:

To answer your first question the Bible tells us that God will never leave or forsake us.
Deut 31:6 said:
Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he [it is] that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

It is normal to be calm about things when waiting upon the Lord. The situation may not change but your disposition may.
Isaiah 40:31 said:
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

I will be prayin over you last request too. I hope this helps.

God Bless

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

I still feel guilty though.. Im looking for jobs ... but I am so afraid to get back out there .. & have the world interfere with my relationship with God yet at the same time Im excited to get back to work & I start back at College in Sept.

The Psalmist concluded that no matter where he went God was there. Same for you.

We are to engage in this world as people who understand what it's really about. It is God's world, and we are part of that, doing our bit to make inroads into whatever does not properly express God's life. All of life is spiritual. A higher 'spiritual' and a lower 'wordly' division is a Greek concept, not a Christian one. "Whatever you do, do as unto the Lord .." is the biblical encouragement.

John
NZ

Last edited:
Upvote 0

alatir

Aug 1, 2007
✟15,712.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
John Owen, a 17th century Puritan theologian writes:

He withdraws himself in order to make us appreciate Him more so that we diligently seek for Him as we would seek for a lost precious treasure. We all too easily take Christ for granted and become lazy in seeking fellowship with Him. Christ is very patient with us even though we treat Him so unkindly. It is only because He is so gracious that He merely withdraws Himself rather than leaves us for ever. He knows that those who beheld His glory in some measure, although they have not valued it as they should, cannot bear it when His presence and the sight of His glory are withdrawn. So, by withdrawing Himself He aims to awaken His people to search for Him, and to mourn over their sin in taking Him for granted.

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thanks in advance

How wonderful it is to know the peace GOD can bring into our lives while we fight the good fight. I have been in some pretty tough battles in my work but could lay my head down at night and sleep like a baby.

I can not stress enough how important it is to read GOD'S WORD and get it locked in your heart. The more you do the better it gets. Then when anything pops up you know in your heart what to do. If we do things GOD'S WAY we don't have to worry and carry the load on our shoulders. LET GO and LIVE.

The NEW TESTIMENT first and then the BOOKS of WISDOM, SIRACH, PROVERBS, and ECCLESIASTES. For then you have GOD'S LOVE, WISDOM, and UNDERSTANDING to grow with until the LORD calls you home. You come to realize all the problems we face are truly vanity and in the end there is just GOD. So gather all the treasure that GOD will give and soar like an eagle.

One of the real nice things about going through major problems is that it causes us to rethink life and it's values. Some just pick out a new way to try and some find GOD and give HIM their life. I think you already know who the winners are.

May you receive many of GOD'S BLESSINGS!

LOVE

steven :hug:

Upvote 0

2 King

By His Wounds We Are Healed
Jun 5, 2009
Desert
✟17,226.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
"No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you."- Joshua 1:5

"The LORD is my light and my salvation&#8212; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life&#8212; of whom shall I be afraid?"- Psalm 27:1

"The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"- Psalm 118:6

"Do not be afraid; you will not suffer shame. Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated. You will forget the shame of your youth and remember no more the reproach of your widowhood."- Isaiah 54:4

An update on that I am really doing so much better (inside) & thats where it all starts right?
That's right.
"Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean."- Matthew 23:26
So yeah..
This past month I have made the days count. Learning that well since I dont have a job I could do something else with my time until I do. I still feel guilty though.. Im looking for jobs ... but I am so afraid to get back out there .. & have the world interfere with my relationship with God yet at the same time Im excited to get back to work & I start back at College in Sept.

"let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water."- Hebrews 10:22

That is great! It's awsome when you feel that way. No need to feel weird. It's perfectly fine.
:crossrc:

Upvote 0

Nilla

No longer on staff
Apr 8, 2006
Sweden
✟56,683.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Thanks in advance
When I have given it all to God and really trust Him... I feel that peace you're talking about as well. I know it's going to work out.. maybe not in the way I think.. but it will be ok.

Matt 11:28-30.

HUGS!
Nilla

Upvote 0

AmeriLovesJesus

BELIEVING IS SEEING
Jan 18, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟16,350.00
Faith
Christian
Thank you all sooooo very much for your encouraging words. Wow! What can I say. I dont have any idea how I can explain in words what I have gone through these past couple months to be where Im at emotionally today. Crazy but amazing!

What a work he has done in me. When Id come to a point in this phase Id feel God telling me not done yet.... :) But I held out..Rather then hide the pain or ignoring it or pushing it aside I walked through it & felt it & dealt with it & soon it was healed ... & learned through it & have come to this very point ... & have definitely felt the difference in my strength & who I am as a person...Now Im feeling God saying to me "Okay now its time to get back out there"....

And lately Ive been feeling this invincible feeling I had as a child... Happy, content, fearless, imaginative, & endless possibilities... These feelings I forgot. Almost like God wanted me to go down memory lane for awhile to find that old dreamer. Not only through the good did he take me but through the bad as well... and I feel a strong weight taken off my shoulders by using this time to face it all & I feel amazingly renewed not only into a new me but the old me as well.

Almost as if it was all suppose to play out that way.. I was to be that as a child.. lost it along the way.. Became closer to God at 20 basically was stripped of everything at that time at started from scratch at the beginning only to come back to who I was before but this time with much more strength & wisdom.

That is definitely an answered prayer. One I had prayed as a child to always remain young at heart & positive. Makes me feel even more confident to know that God loved who I was then as a child to allow me to have that back. (I struggled with extreme insecurity as a child)

I cannot wait to apply this new part of me to my new life that awaits me & for sure know I never have to do it alone.

Still a little on edge though .. as after years & years of worrying getting over it takes one day at a time but I can sure tell you there is a massive difference. No more headaches. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

andreha

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Gauteng
✟130,569.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all sooooo very much for your encouraging words. Wow! What can I say. I dont have any idea how I can explain in words what I have gone through these past couple months to be where Im at emotionally today. Crazy but amazing!

What a work he has done in me. When Id come to a point in this phase Id feel God telling me not done yet.... :) But I held out..Rather then hide the pain or ignoring it or pushing it aside I walked through it & felt it & dealt with it & soon it was healed ... & learned through it & have come to this very point ... & have definitely felt the difference in my strength & who I am as a person...Now Im feeling God saying to me "Okay now its time to get back out there"....

And lately Ive been feeling this invincible feeling I had as a child... Happy, content, fearless, imaginative, & endless possibilities... These feelings I forgot. Almost like God wanted me to go down memory lane for awhile to find that old dreamer. Not only through the good did he take me but through the bad as well... and I feel a strong weight taken off my shoulders by using this time to face it all & I feel amazingly renewed not only into a new me but the old me as well.

Almost as if it was all suppose to play out that way.. I was to be that as a child.. lost it along the way.. Became closer to God at 20 basically was stripped of everything at that time at started from scratch at the beginning only to come back to who I was before but this time with much more strength & wisdom.

That is definitely an answered prayer. One I had prayed as a child to always remain young at heart & positive. Makes me feel even more confident to know that God loved who I was then as a child to allow me to have that back. (I struggled with extreme insecurity as a child)

I cannot wait to apply this new part of me to my new life that awaits me & for sure know I never have to do it alone.

Still a little on edge though .. as after years & years of worrying getting over it takes one day at a time but I can sure tell you there is a massive difference. No more headaches. :)

I'm delighted that you are doing better. Awesome stuff!:clap:

Upvote 0
F

freeport

That is an awesome testimony.

And it is totally of God through Jesus.

There is nothing as sublime as silence - peace - in the heart. Especially when one has gone through such horrible winds as the world throws at us.

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Remember if you are going to be part of the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD you MUST GIVE IT ALL TO GOD.

GOD demands that you give HIM your WHOLE heart, mind, strength, and soul. That means you go in prayer and tell GOD that you will do this and from that moment on seek GOD in all your decisions. After this is complete GOD will know. For HE searches the heart. HE will then send HIS HOLY SPIRIT ( ANOINTED-BORN AGAIN- SAVED ). For it is then that you shall receive the MISSION GOD has for just you and supply all your needs, even what you have not the ability to have.

Pick up GOD'S ROAD MAP to the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD ( BIBLE ) and start reading the NEW TESTIMENT till the next time you read it you will already know what IT'S going to say. For then it's locked in your heart to draw from for the rest of your life. You will NEVER be sorry you did.

Do yourself a BIG FAVOR and Start right now!!!

LOVE

steven :hug:

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom

I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early. <-----> Hosea 5:15

Good understanding gives favor: but the way of transgressors is hard. <-----> Proverbs 13:15

We may experience separation from The Lord to varying degrees when / if we walk contrary to His Will , in essence such disharmony is our ignorant / deceived sinful nature trying to push God away .... and consequently The Lord is then relatively absent ( although not altogether removed ) , and the more absent Divine Presence is in our life , the more we have to face the world on our own , which is generally afflictive and hard . This provides necessary contrast for when we walk in greater harmony , we have a greater tangible measure of God's Presence , which comforts + enables us with grace + peace ; and therefore , we are both at the same time , discouraged from continuing to be contrary to God's Will for us in Christ , and encouraged to continue to seek and obtain the harmony which allows us to be reassuringly aware that God is with us and for us in Christ .

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? <-----> Romans 8:31

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. <-----> 1st John 4:4

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. <-----> 1st John 1:9

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: <-----> Isaiah 55:6

Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. <-----> Ephesians 5:17

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. <-----> 2nd Timothy 2:15

e-Sword - the Sword of the LORD with an electronic edge

May The Lord Be Pleased to Bless !

wm

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.