Nottingham
✟8,701.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A year after my baptism I fell into sexual sin for 2 years, I had no interest in the word and was living a life of sin. After a while I promised God that I wouldn't sin sexually and I broke the promise. I feel like I might have crossed the line. Is it too late for me to be forgiven?

Above all, my brothers and sisters, do not swear--not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. All you need to say is a simple "Yes" or "No." Otherwise you will be condemned. - James 5:12

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left - Hebrews 10:26

salt-n-light

Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
A year after my baptism I fell into sexual sin for 2 years, I had no interest in the word and was living a life of sin. After a while I promised God that I wouldn't sin sexually and I broke the promise. I feel like I might have crossed the line. Is it too late for me to be forgiven?

Above all, my brothers and sisters, do not swear--not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. All you need to say is a simple "Yes" or "No." Otherwise you will be condemned. - James 5:12

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left - Hebrews 10:26

Until you breathe your very last breath, you can be saved. As long as you come to Him with a repentant heart and seek to follow Him.

Look at the theft on the cross who was next to Jesus. Never had a chance to do much good to others, was a thief worthy of crucifixion. But He saw Jesus, recognized Him and saw himself, and came with a repentant heart. Jesus honored that, despite the thief's background.

So no you're not too late. Anytime is the right time :)

Reactions: Not me
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,333.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

When you received Christ, you died. Your sinful self was nailed to the cross with Jesus and went down into hell with Him. But when Jesus rose from the dead, your sinful self was left there, and you rose with Him in newness of life.

What happened to you afterward was that your physical body would not accept that your sinful nature is now dead. It would not believe the Scripture, "We have the sentence of death in ourselves that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead." The part of you that fell back into sinful habits is dead. You no longer have a sinful nature, so therefore you are not sinful in God's sight. But you still have sinful habit patterns, and that is why you have the Holy Spirit living in your spirit so that He can transform your mind to start thinking like Christ. As you become more Christlike in your thinking, the old habits fall away. This is called developmental and progressive sanctification.

This is why 1 John 1:9 is so important. John says that if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves. We accept that we have sinful habit patterns that need dealing with by the Holy Spirit within us. But as we talk to God about them, then that is confessing our sin, and therefore God is faithful and just to forgive you and cleanse you from all unrighteousness. We need not be afraid to talk openly and freely to God about our sinful habits, failures and shortcomings. Because we are righteous before God in Christ, we can come boldly to God's throne of grace without fear, guilt, or any sense of inferiority. Opening yourself up to God and talking about your sexual sins, cursing, and other habits of the flesh that you still have is 90% of the battle. The Scripture says that God's eye is on the righteous and His ears are open to their prayers. You are righteous in Christ. He took your sinfulness with Him down into hell and left it there, and clothed you with His righteousness so that you can stand before God as pure as snow. Your sinful habit patterns don't worry God at all, unless you try and hide them from Him. But all things are open to Him anyway, so you can't really hide. Jonah tried it, and he ended up in the belly of a fish. But when you open yourself up to God, then you are demonstrating trust in Him that He will be faithful to you and will forgive and cleanse you completely.

So what if you sin seventy times seven? He will forgive you that much. He has more patience in dealing with you than you can ever conceive. God is a good God, a loving God. Perfect love covers a multitude of sins, and so God's love covers an infinite number of sins for those who trust Him. Your sins are no problem to Him, because He doesn't deal in problems. There are no problems in heaven. And the prayer that Jesus taught included that God's will be done on earth as it is in heaven. So, God does not approach you on a problem basis. He sees your sinful habits as possibilities, to make you humble before Him, dependent on Him, prayerful, honest and open in your talking with Him. Then He is free to upgrade and enhance your experience with Him, and take you places in the Spirit where you never dreamed of. So, instead of seeing yourself as a hopeless, sinful person, start seeing yourself as a child of God, full of the Holy Spirit, confident in His presence, which is fullness of joy, and going places with God. That's God's intention for you.

• Useful
Reactions: Not me
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟293,971.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single

No, but be careful with making promises to God in the future. Remember youre dust.

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

No.
Wrt HEB.10:26-31, through faith/belief/trust, the Lord/God Jesus Christ, while on earth, had the authority/power to forgive sins/evil-deeds(= sinners healed, exorcised, raised from the dead, etc) and to forgive people's inborn and Original Adamic Sin(= gave them the key to the kingdom of heaven when they die).
....... As per LUKE.23:43, a person can still be saved from hell by Jesus Christ through faith, even though he/she had to suffer the earthly consequences of his/her sins/evil-deeds/Law-breaking.(cf; JOHN.5:14 & 8:11, ACTS.9:15 = healed or delivered from their sins, who sinned no more and likely were saved from hell as well)

LEVITICUS.4 says that unintentional sins can be repented and forgiven by God(= no earthly curses or punishments) but intentional sins cannot usually be repented and forgiven by God(= curses from God will come). There are exceptions to every rule/law, eg King David was not executed by God for murdering Uriah, the husband of Bathsheba. Read also DEUT.28, 1COR.5:5 & 11:30, 1JOHN.5:16-19.
....... Eg a sinful "Christian" can be convicted for murder and suffer the death penalty or life imprisonment. The question is, will he/she curse God/Jesus/Holy Spirit and die.?(cf; JOB.2:9) It is a grave risk for a Christian to be an unrepentant sinner/evildoer/Law-breaker.

P S - Please take the book of JAMES with a pinch of salt because he was the leader of the misled Judaizers who were anti-Paul - GALATIANS.2:9-17 and ACTS.15.24-29.

P P S - Spiritually, it is not sinful if a Christian boy remains faithful to one girlfriend, wrt having sex, until they are able to get legally married later because economic pressures compel couples to only to be able to get married in their 20s or 30s, ie the need to complete school/college, get a job/car/house, etc. Read 1COR.7.
....... In comparison, unrepentant hedonists, playboys, casanovas, etc are dammed sinners/evildoers/Law-breakers.(1COR.6:9-11, REVELATION.22:12-15)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bling

Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟794,962.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No.
The indwelling Holy Spirit is not there to do "nothing", but wants to actively be doing good stuff and only good stuff. Going about not committing sexual sin is doing "nothing" which the Spirit is not involved in. fill your life with helping others and the Spirit will be really out in front working through you to do good. Remember you can quench the Spirit and go out on your own any time and for any length of time (you still have free will) and you personally do not have the power on your own to keep away from sexual sinning.
Don't worry about sinning, but put your thoughts and energy into what good you can be doing in the next 60 seconds.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
will be = is certain to be!!

Acts 2:21
‘And it shall be that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’

Acts 16:31[ The Jailer Converted ] They said,
“Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Romans 10:9
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord,
and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Do not search forever or try on your own to keep the "Law". Find the truth in the Bible NOW!
Focus on: What must I do to be spiritually changed...saved FROM ETERNAL SEPARATION FROM GOD!?!
Spiritually discern John 3 + Ephesians FIRST!
then Read ALL written by John the Elder: Gospel, Letters,Revelation.

Being saved and becoming a "child of God" (believer) is Man's spiritual CHOICE:

1 Chronicles 28:9...King David to his son:
“As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts.
If you seek Him, He will let you find Him;
but
if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.

Deuteronomy 30:19
I call heaven and earth to witness against you today,
that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock;
if anyone hears My voice and opens the door,
I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Man's spirit must ACCEPT the spiritual calling/drawing of God!

John 1:12,14 (NIV)
Yet to all who received him,
to those who believed in his name,
he gave the right to become "children of God"...(SAVED!) The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.
We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, (Jesus)
who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 6:44
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me DRAWS him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, (enquiring disciples)
"I am the way, and the truth, and the life;
no one comes to the Father but THROUGH Me.

John 5:24 (all NASB)...(Jesus:)"Truly, truly, I say to you,
he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life,
and does not come into judgment, but "has passed" out of death into life.(NOW!)

1 John 3:14..We (believers) know that we "have passed" out of death into life..(NOW!)

Luke 7:50...And He said to the woman (CAUGHT IN SIN), "Your faith "has" "saved" you; go in peace." (NOW!)

Ephesians 2: 4-5,8-10
4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,
5 MADE US ALIVE with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions
—it is by grace (unmerited Love/Mercy/favor) you have been saved.
8 For by GRACE (Love/Mercy) you have been SAVED through FAITH;
and that (FAITH/BELIEF) not of yourselves,
it is the (spiritual) GIFT of God;
9 NOT as a result of WORKS, so that no one may boast.
10 For we are His workmanship,
created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

LOOK FOR: Save/Salvation in your Bible searches!
Learn about "substitutionary atonement"...What Jesus the Christ, the Divine Messiah, the God-Man did FOR you!

1 Peter 3:18
For Christ died FOR (ALL) sins once FOR ALL (MANKIND) (FOR ALL time),
the righteous (Jesus)
FOR the unrighteous (Mankind),
to bring you to God. (reconciliation / salvation)
He was put to death in the body(/Soul on the Cross)
but made alive by the Spirit, (resurrection, appearances, ascension)

Upvote 0