Melbourne
✟8,916.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was praying yesterday and the spirit of the Lord filled me then thoughts such as "What if it's the kundalini spirit" but I fought the thoughts so hard that I was able to feel the joy after that and I can't stop smiling after receiving the spirit of God but then I felt dirty so I searched and found this on the web. I felt confusion as when I received the spirit of God I felt peace and I cried because of the joy that I felt but below said "False peace" so I'm quite confused.

Actually I also have moderate depression and anxiety. Overthinking kills me and I constantly want assurance from the Lord but whenever I seek Him there are voices of doubts and questions and it has been a battle for me for 2 months. I am currently on CBT for my depression but I still want to know if I received the spirit of God. It was a joyful feeling yesterday but sudden doubts attacked my heart and mind and now I'm stuck of the thoughts.

I related the symptoms of anxiety to this kundalini spirit.

I have electric shock feeling all over my body whenever I get anxious
I also have a lot of headache and I'm depressed like what was stated below.
There were also tingling effects in my legs

Why do I always get thoughts like this whenever I seek God? Am I doing it the wrong way?

I'm confused of what I felt yesterday. Ws that joy and peace from God.

The spirit of God convicts and I am convicted of doing something wrong. I can't even see myself going to the same old sinful lifestyle again.
The spirit of God gives peace but how come it stayed in me for a short period of time.

And is it blasphemy of the Holy Ghost thought of it as something bad when I received it? Tho it was all in my mind I'm scared of committing it.

IMG_20200527_140210.jpg
IMG_20200527_140221.jpg
IMG_20200527_140221.jpg

faith campbell

Brave Heart
Apr 12, 2020
Melbourne
✟8,916.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ok, what do you think has caused such to happen?
Actually I think my overthinking due to my anxiety disorder and depression led me to that thought and it was a fearful thing to believe so I tried and fought hard to seek God deeper. Whenever I feel these physical effects, it would always lead to my mental health condition as they are symptoms but now I'm confused.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I was praying yesterday and the spirit of the Lord filled me then thoughts such as "What if it's the kundalini spirit" but I fought the thoughts so hard that I was able to feel the joy after that and I can't stop smiling after receiving the spirit of God but then I felt dirty so I searched and found this on the web. I felt confusion as when I received the spirit of God I felt peace and I cried because of the joy that I felt but below said "False peace" so I'm quite confused.

Actually I also have moderate depression and anxiety. Overthinking kills me and I constantly want assurance from the Lord but whenever I seek Him there are voices of doubts and questions and it has been a battle for me for 2 months. I am currently on CBT for my depression but I still want to know if I received the spirit of God. It was a joyful feeling yesterday but sudden doubts attacked my heart and mind and now I'm stuck of the thoughts.

Why do I always get thoughts like this whenever I seek God? Am I doing it the wrong way?

The spirit of God convicts and I am convicted of doing something wrong. I can't even see myself going to the same old sinful lifestyle again.
The spirit of God gives peace but how come it stayed in me for a short period of time.

And is it blasphemy of the Holy Ghost thought of it as something bad when I received it? Tho it was all in my mind I'm scared of committing it.

View attachment 277726 View attachment 277727 View attachment 277727
Feelings come and go. God's word is rock solid. Many sensations are counterfeit, but the presence of the Holy Spirit is often like a comforting warmth.

My advice is to keep it really simple. Fix your eyes on Jesus. He is your saviour. Don't try to analyse everything (you remind me of me). You have not blasphemed the Holy Spirit. Even if you did, the "can't be forgiven" only applies as long as you keep calling the Holy Spirit evil. Repent of that and you will be forgiven.

Peace comes when we are resting in the Truth. The Truth is not a thing, it is Lord Jesus. What tends to happen is we get the peace, we are at rest and our thoughts of doubt and unbelief start to bubble up. Guess where they come from. It's not God. He's on your side. You don't choose to think thoughts that bring you down. They are from the enemy. Resist those thoughts. Command them out of your mind. It may take a few days, but you will get free. Confess God's word constantly. For example, "God did not give me a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind" 2 Timothy 1:7. The truth will set you free.

Upvote 0

faith campbell

Brave Heart
Apr 12, 2020
Melbourne
✟8,916.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
What's the matter? I too don't know if I have Spirit of God. I too don't have assurance if I am saved. But I don't care, I suggest you do the same.
We cannot be complacent of our spiritual status as the devil works 24/7. If you don't even see yourself saved, it means you have to work hard to make your salvation sure.

It is writter, men cannot be justified by works alone and faith as well without works is dead. If you just believe in God but you don't act on how to please God, then something might be wrong.

I'm not condemning anyone but this is my conviction as being a Christian believer means fighting as a spiritual warrior of Christ. We are always in a battle that's why our spirit, heart and mind has to be aligned with the spirit of God.

Jesus said in Matthew 7:26

Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.

The justification of sin is done by the Lord but as our responsibility as redeemed people, we must make sure of our salvation

2 Peter 1:10
Therefore, brothers and sisters, make every effort to be sure of your calling and election. For by doing this you will never stumble into sin.

We are already called by God. We are redeemed by an expensive price of the blood of Jesus. But that doesn't mean we have to stay that way and be complacent. Just as the devil works 24/7 to take away our salvation, we have to fight a good fight of faith as well. Make sure of our calling and we will never fall into sin.

Nicodemus asked Jesus about this topic of salvation.

John 3:5
5Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

Water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ is essential as one of the keys to salvation.

Before Jesus Christ died on the cross He gave Peter the keys

Matthew 16:19 KJV
And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

And it was later fulfilled in Acts 2:38

Acts 2:38 KJV
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Repentance is a must for us. Even though we're initially saved by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, we still have to do the works of pleasing Him.

Jesus said in His parable

Luke 19:13 KJV
And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

Making sure of our salvation is included in that.

The moment we accepted Jesus Christ, we are baptized in His name, the spirit of the Lord will come to us but it is different from the receiving of the Holy Spirit.

The Baptism of the Holy Ghost (In Depth)
The baptism of the Holy Ghost is the experience of the Holy Spirit coming into a person’s life to give power for God’s service. Thus, a study of this experience must begin with an exploration of the Person and nature of the Holy Spirit.

Who is the Holy Spirit?

The terms Holy Ghost and Holy Spirit are interchangeable in Scripture; they are both translated from the same Greek word in the original texts. The Holy Ghost is not an abstract identity or a remote influence, but a distinct personality of the Godhead. He is God Himself, part of the Trinity that is comprised of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. He has personality and all the attributes of Deity.

The Holy Spirit was present at Creation. In Genesis 1:2 we read, “The Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.” From Creation and on through the Bible, we see evidence of Him, but in the New Testament, we find a fuller revelation of the workings of the Holy Spirit.

Every believer is influenced by the Spirit of God. It is the Holy Spirit who regenerates the heart of man (John 3:3-5; Titus 3:5). The Holy Spirit sanctifies the believer (Romans 15:16; 1 Corinthians 6:11). However, the filling of the Spirit, or the baptism of the Holy Ghost, is an experience beyond regeneration (salvation) and sanctification.

Although the baptism of the Holy Spirit was typified in the Old Testament, and alluded to by Old Testament prophets, it was not until after the crucifixion, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus that the Holy Ghost was poured out upon believers. When Jesus completed His work on earth and returned to the Father, the Holy Spirit came as the promised Comforter.

What is the baptism of the Holy Ghost?

There is much to be heard and read today about the baptism of the Holy Ghost. There are various theological understandings and opinions. Some say that this experience was only for the Early Church and not for believers today. Others teach that a person receives all God has for him at the point of conversion. Some think that the baptism is about speaking in tongues. However, we must base our beliefs on Scripture. What does the Bible have to say about the baptism of the Holy Ghost?

John the Baptist prophesied that Jesus, the One of whom he spoke, would baptize with the Holy Ghost and with fire. In Matthew 3:11 we read: “I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire.” The word that is translated baptism means “to be immersed; to be totally covered” and can be understood by looking at the physical demonstration of water baptism. When we come to be baptized in water after we have been saved, we go down into the water and the water completely covers us. We are immersed, totally under the water. When we receive the baptism of the Holy Ghost, we are totally immersed and covered and filled with the Holy Ghost.

Jesus also used the word baptism in connection with the outpouring of the Holy Ghost. He explained to His disciples that just as John had baptized with water, they would be baptized with the Holy Ghost. The word baptize gave His followers an idea of what they were to expect—that they would be immersed in the Holy Ghost.

Prophecy of the outpouring

Some eight hundred years before Christ came to earth, the prophet Joel wrote of the baptism of the Holy Ghost. His account prophesies events we have seen fulfilled within the past century. In Joel 2:23,28-29 we read, “Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the Lord your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month. . . . And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: and also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.”

Joel may not have fully understood the prophecy that he gave, but God moved upon him and those words were spoken by inspiration of the Holy Ghost, to let us know that there would be an outpouring of the Spirit of God. The Former Rain pertained to the outpouring on the Day of Pentecost; the Latter Rain pertains to the outpouring of the Holy Ghost that began in the early 20th century.

The outpouring on the Day of Pentecost

Just before Jesus ascended to Heaven, He told the disciples that the Holy Ghost would come. He instructed them to tarry in Jerusalem until they received the “promise of the Father,” which was the infilling of the Holy Spirit. We read that a group of 120 people gathered in an upper room in the city of Jerusalem, and they prayed. They had gathered in the Upper Room with one purpose in mind: the Lord had promised He would send power upon them and they were determined to receive it.

Scripture tells us that something happened in that upper room that they had never seen or experienced before—the power of God descended upon them and they were filled with the Holy Ghost. We read, “And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance” (Acts 2:1-4).

God made His presence known to this group of believers in an outstanding way in this initial outpouring of the Holy Ghost. The coming of the Spirit was accompanied by two manifestations: the sound of “a rushing mighty wind,” and the appearance of “cloven tongues like as of fire.” John the Baptist had foretold One who would baptize “with the Holy Ghost, and with fire” (Matthew 3:11, Luke 3:16), and the two physical manifestations made a graphic picture of the coming of the Holy Spirit.

The evidence of this amazing event was that those who had been filled began to speak in “other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.” Those from faraway countries who were in the city for the Day of Pentecost recognized the languages that were spoken and were amazed to hear the believers speaking in languages they had never learned. Peter stood and declared that this was what had been prophesied by the prophet Joel—the Holy Ghost had descended. Peter’s sermon that day resulted in the salvation of three thousand souls. The Holy Ghost, or Pentecostal, dispensation began then and continues until now. In fact, this event marked the birth of the Church.
Acts238.jpg
The Baptism of the Holy Ghost Booklet

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

View attachment 277726 View attachment 277727 View attachment 277727

See your doctor about what I highlighted. That may have a medical cause.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is a kundalini spirit?

Kundalini - Wikipedia

"
Question: "What is a kundalini spirit?"

Answer:
Kundalini spirit, or the spirit of kundalini, is a term linked to some versions of the Charismatic faith and associated with beliefs related to demonic oppression. In these highly speculative spiritual approaches, demons are considered the cause of almost every malady, particularly spiritual ones. This feeds the stream of so-called deliverance ministries, which seek to exorcise those evil spirits. By taking vague references to certain words in Scripture badly out of context, such beliefs invent an entire mythology of specific, unique demonic entities that actively cause their associated effects.

The term kundalini originally comes from Eastern mythology and religion. In Hinduism, kundalini is a serpent-like energy that supposedly rests in three-and-one-half coils at the base of the human spine. When a person performs the proper spiritual techniques, this spirit is stretched throughout the body in an “awakening.” This supposedly results in dramatic occurrences including out-of-body experiences, physical movements and sensations, hallucinations, and so forth.

Those who believe in a demonic oppression version of kundalini reference those effects. They then extrapolate the existence of a unique demonic entity, “the kundalini spirit,” or “the spirit of kundalini,” which is most often associated with ostentatious spiritual experiences. Some believers in this “spirit of kundalini” point to practitioners of holy laughter, drunkenness in the Spirit, or being slain in the Spirit as being under its oppression.

Some others suggest the “kundalini spirit” is one that tempts people to practice yoga, dabble in Eastern mysticism, practice Buddhist meditation, undergo acupuncture, or do just about anything associated with Eastern societies. In keeping with the concept of demonic oppression, many who believe in the “spirit of kundalini” suggest that contact with those ideas invites the attention and influence of that spirit.

Still others suggest that Kundalini is the name of the demonic being placed “in charge” by Satan over Eastern cultures such as in India or that kundalini spirit generically refers to any temptation to seek other gods, false teachers, and spiritual distractions.

There is a deep irony in this last interpretation. In and of itself, this approach to demons and demonic oppression is an unbiblical one. There is an extraordinary variety of beliefs about what a “kundalini spirit” is and what it does. This is a common feature of deliverance and demonic oppression “ministries.” The beliefs are based on so little (if any) Scripture and so much speculation and fantasy that there is no coherent or consistent teaching to be found. The functions of the “spirit of kundalini” as held by one person might entirely overlap with the behavior of other spirits, given names such as Leviathan, Python, or Jezebel, or assigned categories such as “water spirits.”

Scripture gives us no reason to believe there is any specific entity named Kundalini or that Christians have some specific ability to rebuke or exorcise it. Nor does the Bible indicate that we’re meant to diagnose spiritual problems in such a way. Whether or not some demonic entity is directly involved in a person’s spiritual struggle is irrelevant. Remedying the situation is not helped by inventing a mythology of demons and turning God’s Word into a sourcebook of wild speculations. Prayer, discipleship, and obedience to God are the only meaningful answers to spiritual problems.

Recommended Resource: Angels: Elect & Evil by C. Fred Dickason"
What is a kundalini spirit? | GotQuestions.org

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well "What if it's the kundalini spirit" is doubting. Never had the sweet sweet Holy Spirit start anything with "what if". Never been around people falling down crawling like a snake or the like. Falling under the power yes.. the glory, holy Spirit.. on and on.

There are things we have never seen.. and to many times since we never seen it nor understand it..duh its of the devil. Dancing use to be... no body told Israel though. So many things listed deal with what? The flesh.. that should right there be a red [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. And you never go from Church to Church seeking some experience.

Who ever calls on the name of the lord shall be delivered. So.... call on Him.. you WILL BE delievered. Just repent if you think you touched thought what ever something not of God. He ALWAYS backs up what HE does by HIS word! We walk by FAITH not sight hearing or feelings.

Don't think for one second.. that WHEN Christ, Holy Spirit shows up. in His glory and power that you as a human will just stand there. You will fall backwards.. or flat on your face. So many today.. they fall.. God had nothing to do with it. When I was young preacher had his back to me.. turned just took one finger touched my forehead and said JESUS. When I opened my eyes I was on my back on the ground. Something hit my feet shot up to my chest. Feelings do not come close to what .. I felt? Oh such peace, love joy.. that has only happened once in my life. I tried lol to go back up many times to get that to happen. But... not how HE works :)

Don't go by feelings, hearing or sight. Walk by faith. And make sure its written. Just seening someone fall under the power.. look how some talk about that. Forgive us Father. As soon as He said I AM HE they fell backwards to the ground.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And is it blasphemy of the Holy Ghost thought of it as something bad when I received it?

Relax.

The fact that you even are concerned about blaspheming the Holy Spirit means that you haven't. Blasphemy against the spirit isn't merely saying something bad about the HS, it's a rejection of the Spirit's work in your life and on your soul.

A good example of someone who blasphemed the HS would be someone like Pharaoh: given all those chances to repent and let God's people go & still couldn't do it even after he told Israel they were allowed to leave, so he chased them down into the red/reed sea and God drowned him.

Don't stress about it, you wouldn't be here if you were. Hope this helps

Upvote 0