• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Is it strange to be over the hill and still be single?

Discussion in 'Mature Singles' started by Single Dude, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Single Dude

Single Dude New Member

+36
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Same question.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. quietpraiyze

quietpraiyze In The Secret Place

+733
    Christian
    Single
    Absolutely NOT! I'm better than I've ever been. I chose "singleness" and time has proven me right. I just turned 59 in January. I feel I have saved a man's life by not getting married! Shewt I should be given a medal for that lol....

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. Going_Nowhere

Going_Nowhere Active Member

+393
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I hate this stereotype that you must be unhappy or weird if you remain single. Everyone is different. No, there's nothing wrong with being single at any age. And don't let anyone tell you different.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+10,494
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    I was married, divorced, and remained single. LOVE IT! :clap:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God CF Ambassadors Supporter

+11,544
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    I hope its not too weird because not only am I single but also still live at home.

6. tdidymas

tdidymas Newbie

+901
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    I used to think it strange, because the culture I experienced told me so. But now at retirement age, I think it's not so strange, especially since I've met many single people who appear to be happy the way they are. It tells me that a person can be happy and fulfilled in their life as a single person. We might regret to have not experienced the joys and ecstasies of marriage, but we don't regret not having experienced its sorrows, stress, and miseries. It would certainly be a sad affair to be pressured into marriage by family or peers. It would be equally sad to avoid marriage and choose an immoral life instead.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Lifelong_sinner

Lifelong_sinner Well-Known Member

+221
    United States
    Calvinist
    Single
    interesting take. its what i ended up doing though. and i blamed being single for many years, but now i just realize that im a reprobrate.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. MMXX

MMXX Well-Known Member

+3,120
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    It bothered me some in my late 30s early 40s, but now at 58 I think it's been for the best. However, if God wills it, it will happen. It can be a good thing to have a helpmate in later life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. tdidymas

tdidymas Newbie

+901
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    One of my brothers married at 58, and is still happily married at 75 with 2 children.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. returntosender

returntosender EL ROI Supporter

+2,349
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    Thinking positive, I consider marriage a lifelong friendship if you can make it last. What can be better than that? We all lack close friends and you can't get closer than that. The other nice thing about it is you are never lonely and you always have someone to share your ups and downs with, aye?

11. DaveM

DaveM Member

+122
    Christian
    Private
    the bible says its good we can focus on Jesus more if we are single

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. returntosender

+2,349
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    Agree but two Christians together can do twice as much for God then one:)

13. Lybrah

Lybrah Active Member

+291
    Christian
    Single
    I hope I will feel the same way when I am older and still single.

14. returntosender

+2,349
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    Remind us again how old you are dude?

15. OldWiseGuy

+10,494
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    IF...they don't have kids. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. dayhiker

dayhiker Mature veteran

+5,112
    Charismatic
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    I much prefer having GFs to being married. Once was enough for me.
    Marriage as taught in my circles tended to really limit good friendships because we couldn't spend enough time with others to really be friends with them. Now I can spend time with who ever I want. Actually, I'm seeing a pattern of people coming into my life. I an a good friend to them and at some point they want to have a serious conversation with me. Then I can share how Jesus can answer that question for them. Friendship evangelism as it's been called. Works amazing well.

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. OldWiseGuy

+10,494
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    If only there were more women were like you.

18. returntosender

+2,349
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    DENIAL is a ........:)

19. bèlla

bèlla ❤️ Supporter

+14,768
    United States
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    If I married in my twenties it would have stunted me. I'd probably be depressed or worse at this point. Waiting was for the best.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Rajni

Rajni ☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯ Supporter

+3,551
    United States
    Unorthodox
    Single
    No, it's not strange at all.

Speaking as someone who was once married, I prefer singleness. Nothing against my ex—he's a great guy, and we're still friends. Our divorce was very amicable—I daresay far more amicable than some Christian marriages I've seen. I get together with him and his wife on occasion.

But being single suits my temperament far better. I love solitude to the point where even the thought of meeting a guy for coffee virtually gives me a panic attack. (The guy's probably better off avoiding me anyway :D).