Is it still possible to care/love about someone but.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristianCenturion

Veteran / Tuebor
Feb 9, 2005
In front of a computer
✟32,988.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Gods Revenger said:
not be able to stand his/her voice?

Just curious.

I can relate.
At the place I was employed earlier, there was a guy that I just couldn't stand. He boasted, gossiped, spoke highly of things that should not be talked about much less praised, etc.
It was a very trying time for me and I didn't want to feel the way I did about him. The problem wouldn't normally have been a problem except that he worked close to me and talked ALL the time... even to himself loud enough for everyone else to hear... did I mention that he talked all the time? I tried doing kind things for him and tried to be understanding, but the best I could muster inside was pity and love simply that he was a creation of God.
Yeah, I'm working on putting covers on those "buttons" of mine. I don't know if I am simply convincing myself that it is only the behavior/actions that I don't like or it is the person... something I must be careful about keeping in check. :(

That's why I need Him more and more, because I can't do it by myself. :)

Upvote 0

dvd_holc

Senior Veteran
Apr 11, 2005
Arkansas
✟12,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting question. I think it is something we all struggle with. Bin Laden and a misc. guy who cut me off in traffic each pop in mind. I don't think it is our place to judge them unless we are given the authority to. We can call out for justice and ask God for the turning of their heart. Yet, the only thing we really control is our own heart. We are called to give it to God, so let him deal with them. I asked a guy at work how do you deal with all the chaos that we deal with. He said, "he is just doing his time". The calling is to display God's image of holiness and love. Don't let injustice of others stop us from showing joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.