✟59,316.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

Was sin committed in these scenarios, which represent limited times in life i.e. these are not behaviors one always exhibits:
1. You're not in the mood to talk. So you don't answer phone calls for a day.
2. You took a long nap and missed some phone calls during your sleep time.
3. You don't answer the door when someone bangs at it, because you're not in the mood and nor were you informed about a visitor.

xaris

Sep 8, 2020
So. Cal
✟33,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Was sin committed in these scenarios, which represent limited times in life i.e. these are not behaviors one always exhibits:
3. You don't answer the door when someone bangs at it, because you're not in the mood and nor were you informed about a visitor.
Did any of these involve unbelief?

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

Not in my estimation. You shouldn't duck calls from people you know unless you need to regain your composure after being upset etc. But I get lots and lots of junk calls. Lots of people trying to sell me stuff, trying to get donations especially political donations etc. It is completely legitimate to screen these junk calls. These things are like second hand smoke that pollute our atmosphere as far as I am concerned.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Depends on whether you have an acknowledged responsibility to that person. As a Christian, you are obligated to honor all covenants and vows you've made (and warned by the Lord not to make spiritually ill-advised covenants and vows).

If refusing to answer a call means that you're reneging on an obligation you've made to that person (it could be money, it could be time, it could be some kind of verbal response, it could be emotional support, it could be friendship), then it's a sin.

You don't get to delay what you owe; obligations must be paid when due.

If they're just trying to sell you something--to get you to make a new commitment, covenant, or vow--then you're free to ignore them.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

If you are responsible spiritually for people then not responding would be a sin.

If they are friends wanting a chat then the responcible thing to do would be to set an answerphone message saying you want time alone and will be in touch in set period of time.

A responcible friend who found you weren't answering might think you were seriously ill and involve the emergency services.

Upvote 0