Saint Nod
Feb 15, 2017
australia
✟14,040.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You know, Jesus said the poor will always be with us... I guess He could also have said that there will also be evil people with us too... but NO He didn't say that....
Even so, I think it is wrong theology to think that we can eliminate evil in the world thru the death penalty or thru pre-emotive military strikes. I feel that sometimes, we do let Hollywood enter our decision making too much... you know, get rid of the bad guys etc.
Having said that, the bible does say, as someone pointed out, that we should fear the government because they do bear the sword.... Romans 13.
You know, the other thing to consider in all of this, life is precious... but forgiveness before a God who will ultimately judge us is even more precious.

Upvote 0

noam burde

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
zikim israel
Visit site
✟57,439.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like to point out that, most Christians are confused because their bible say's "do not kill". as one of the ten commandments. but it was actually written "לֹא תִרְצָח". which means "do not murder". the word for kill is "להרוג". a totally different word. so god is saying do not unlawfully kill.
I think the reason he did this distinction is because it is nesesery for the police. military. and potentially others. to kill some people to keep the rest alive and living a good life.

Upvote 0

Azureknight 773

IXA the Knight Kamen Rider
Apr 26, 2009
Canmanico, Valencia, Bohol
✟44,295.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So, how long do we give them to turn themselves to God before we let the state kill them? A week, a year, a decade? Besides, we know that once sentenced they will be killed even if they do turn to God.

Deprive them of liberty for life, and let God kill them when He so wishes. Even I have enough faith for this.

It depends upon the situation but if those people are utterly consumed by the darkness that they have even killed their own conscience for power, money, and utter prestige or all sorts of worldliness then the correct action must be done.

Power: Controls of many so that he will be elevated higher among the rest.
Money: To corrupt others with it as a means to an end so that his will will be absolute.
Prestige: As with power that many might fear and praise him as a result of that.

If truly the Seeds of Darkness is in itself spreading the darkness even to the Seeds of Light, then the forces of Light must use whatever it means necessary for protection. We are not just fighting evil on a superficial level, we are fighting internally so as to let the power of Light win this war with His grace under our own. Sometimes we need to protect ourselves with the weapons of destruction on some of the bad guys so as that their operations will cease and rehabilitate those who might still be saved. Now I know this sounds ironic to the previous part of this post but if truly they have been enslaved by the slave masters then the slave masters must be executed to free them. OR! We use the Holy Gospel to penetrate deep into the youth and parents that their minds will have the Spirit of God to keep them from the darkness. Or wield both swords, one to destroy the perpetrators and one for the defense of the many that they will live in tranquility. Or if they have been converted to the Living One's side of this cosmic war, then hopefully they will aid us in this great war.

The point here is that when truly the evil overlords are super duper hard to stop by the weapons of Light, they must be cast away from their bodies that they will no longer cause any havoc. Sure mercy might have been given to them a lot of times but what if we are one of the swords that God sent to purge them from this world that the Mighty Holy Avenger has had enough of the evils by these people? I know that back in the times, He sent war on people as punishment for their sins. I am not saying we should kill left and right because of something to the point where we become blood thirsty maniacs. Oh man, that sounded so wrong on so many levels that we become like ISIS on a different spectrum but with justice to be served accordingly on the basis of public security and harmony. Thats it.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
One of the minor prophets reminded Israel,
"What does the Lord require of you,
That you act justly, love mercy and walk humbly before your God."

We don't make the laws, thou we can influence them, we don't make government or army policy but we can influence them.

We are to be salt and light in the society we live in.
Justice is in perfect, and we should support those seeking to improve it.

Upvote 0

little1

Apr 18, 2017
melbourne
✟9,926.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, because the elimination of evil cannot come from people dying. It comes from people turning themselves over to God.
Talking of turning to God. You can go online and look up the last words of exicuted inmates wright up until recent.
I did an in depth read.
It's an eye opener.
80% cry out to Jesus and have obviously repented.

Now I was an officer in a max security prison. We had no death penalty and I never had to shoot one but if I was on duty and one ran I would of taken the shot. Apart from training it's the point that he could go and kill someone in innocent. It's not even a question.

But I presume you are talking of a repented death row inmate?

I don't know
Go read there last words
I used to be against the death row but after reading about 100 different inmates last words I'm kind of pro.

Reactions: Greg J.
Upvote 0