Is it possible to be too ugly to get IRL friends?

KJ91

Oct 9, 2022
Skåne
✟19,757.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If someone is 1 of 10 on the look scale, and is horrible ugly with no chance to improve his looks, is it not possible then that people
will be ashamed to be viewed with this person? This person would drag down their social status. Its hard
being friend with someone who everytime they look at you they are almost puking because of how unattractive you are.

Many have told me that im so ugly that nobody is gonna want to have me as a friend IRL. Im so ugly people dont even view
me as a human, they view me as some alien species from Star Trek or something.

Im talking about IRl friends now, not internet friends.

I know, nobody is ugly in Gods eyes, and that is what is most important. Im talking about human beings now only. We are living in a shallow modern society.

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If someone is 1 of 10 on the look scale, and is horrible ugly with no chance to improve his looks, is it not possible then that people
will be ashamed to be viewed with this person? This person would drag down their social status. Its hard
being friend with someone who everytime they look at you they are almost puking because of how unattractive you are.

Many have told me that im so ugly that nobody is gonna want to have me as a friend IRL. Im so ugly people dont even view

I know, nobody is ugly in Gods eyes, and that is what is most important. Im talking about human beings now only. We are living in a shallow modern society.
all people are beautiful, For we are all the work of GODS hands and nothing he's made isn't beautiful. Our 'personalities' born out of disobedience and sinfulness are what's 'ugly'

Last edited:
Reactions: LesSme
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

I am one of those people. Always have been. I am a really odd person on top of that. I get it from my father. I live a pretty lonely life, that's why I have joined Christian forums since I was a teenager.

We do live in a shallow society.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟189,055.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you spend all your time dwelling on your imperfections and talking about them to everyone around you they’ll grow tired eventually. They don’t want to hear that constantly.

If you’re struggling to move beyond them you need to work with a therapist. Your friends can’t fix that and you may be sabotaging your connections unknowingly.

~bella

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
KJ91,

You spend a lot of time focusing on what’s wrong with you in your posts. Whether its virginity, appearance or mental aptitude. I can’t help but wonder if you do the same elsewhere.

It’s difficult to build healthy connections (platonic or otherwise) when we don’t feel good about ourselves. We attract what we are. You’re more likely to draw someone equally challenged than a person who isn’t.

You won’t break the cycle until you heal.

I shared something on that topic yesterday. You may want to listen. God bless.

~bella

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lost Witness

Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've never really attracted a girl, but I've always had a ton of friends and people who care about me.
from my experiences we tend to overlook those who are interested in us because we're 'just friends'

Sabri
Sabri
I don’t know if that’s a true statement. I love people who are just interested in me in being a true friend sister or brother. Sometimes I have the opposite. People don’t just want to be my friend without strings attached. It’s good just to be loved in the confines of being a friend.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
from my experiences we tend to overlook those who are interested in us because we're 'just friends'
It's possible girls are attracted to me, but I was oblivious to it. I don't think I'm ugly or anything. But I'm not drawing the line between friends and attractiveness. I know many dudes much uglier than me who married beautiful women. I don't get sad over that or anything, but maybe they are more confident in themselves, which was attractive.

I'm not saying women don't use looks as a barometer, but they are more willing to look past physical attractiveness if some men have other great qualities. Looks aren't everything, especially when it's just friendship.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's possible girls are attracted to me, but I was oblivious to it. I don't think I'm ugly or anything. But I'm not drawing the line between friends and attractiveness. I know many dudes much uglier than me who married beautiful women. I don't get sad over that or anything, but maybe they are more confident in themselves, which was attractive.

I'm not saying women don't use looks as a barometer, but they are more willing to look past physical attractiveness if some men have other great qualities. Looks aren't everything, especially when it's just friendship.
most of the female friends I've had in real life sadly, i ended up dating. I'm not an "attractive" guy as I've been told by more people than i can possibly count.
I also know my personality isn't any good, nor am i the brightest bulb in the basket.
All my experiences with dating comes from when i was living a most unclean, rebellious way.
None of my relationships in life have been blessed.
I find no worth in living as I've lived.
As it led me to rebel against the LORD
which has put me in a place where i know from a biblical standpoint, that I'm truly a Fool.
All I can offer is advice nobody wise would ever consider.

• Informative
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
It sounds like you have body dysmorphia. By that I mean your view of your appearance does not fit reality but rather a very low self image. I don't know how available or costly therapy is in Sweden but it could help.

A lot of people get called ugly. Sometimes it's because the person has bad acne that day or something else that can be worked on. Sometimes it has no basis at all. The person just wants to drag someone else down.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

You simply had the misfortune of meeting people who has their concept of beauty twisted entirely the other way around!

I've seen your picture, you're not ugly, above average, and that is my very honest opinion, no sugar coating! Although I do find many of the alien species in Star Trek attractive.

You should be thankful those people who thinks your ugly did not become your friends because they'd be horrible friends, nothing more than an empty shell that would crumble even in the slightest wind.

Don't think it's the norm, you're probably just getting through the "bad luck" phase of your life. I have for many years and still. I have lost hope many times. I don't think it's because I'm ugly but simply because the devil must hate me so much more than other people because I stumbled upon the dreaded truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KJ91

Oct 9, 2022
Skåne
✟19,757.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It sounds like you have body dysmorphia. By that I mean your view of your appearance does not fit reality but rather a very low self image. I don't know how available or costly therapy is in Sweden but it could help.

A lot of people get called ugly. Sometimes it's because the person has bad acne that day or something else that can be worked on. Sometimes it has no basis at all. The person just wants to drag someone else down.
I know about BDD. Problem is that im actually super ugly for real. Im already in therapy, for years. It does not help becuse therapists or meds do not change the way i look.

Upvote 0

KJ91

Oct 9, 2022
Skåne
✟19,757.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
KJ91,

You spend a lot of time focusing on what’s wrong with you in your posts. Whether its virginity, appearance or mental aptitude. I can’t help but wonder if you do the same elsewhere.

It’s difficult to build healthy connections (platonic or otherwise) when we don’t feel good about ourselves. We attract what we are. You’re more likely to draw someone equally challenged than a person who isn’t.

You won’t break the cycle until you heal.

I shared something on that topic yesterday. You may want to listen. God bless.

~bella
No, i dont. Im only doing it anymously on internet sometimes when i feel down.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
No, i dont. Im only doing it anymously on internet sometimes when i feel down.

The bigger the stumbling block the greater the effort. If you’re wrestling against difficult things you need to increase your warfare. Which means more prayer, fasting, time in the word, fellowship, and positive helps. You can’t afford to slack when the odds are great. You turn up the heat and storm heaven until it breaks.

Thoughts are the devil’s domain. That’s where he starts. Feelings follow then people and circumstances. We’re our greatest adversary. He disarms us from within and without until we crumble. The negatives you repeat are manna for him. He wants you to say it and believe it too.

The spiritual realm is like a chessboard and you’re the prize. The goal is to keep you from God. He uses the pain and disappointment to sow doubt and keeps feeding it until you give up. Once you do you’re his. That’s how he thinks.

Read The Screwtape Letters. It will enlighten you.

~bella

Upvote 0