Is it possible that God has a check list?

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is it possible that God has a check list?
Not as such. If He told you to start doing one thing or to stop doing another, He might wait for compliance to that. But that is a personalized sequence of expectations.

Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟171,008.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
On my journey with God I found the following statement from Oswald Chambers (1874-1917) to be true:

"Genesis 18 brings out the delight of true friendship with God, as compared with simply feeling His presence occasionally in prayer. This friendship means being so intimately in touch with God that you never even need to ask Him to show you His will. It is evidence of a level of intimacy which confirms that you are nearing the final stage of your discipline in the life of faith. When you have a right-standing relationship with God, you have a life of freedom, liberty, and delight; you are God’s will. And all of your commonsense decisions are actually His will for you, unless you sense a feeling of restraint brought on by a check in your spirit. You are free to make decisions in the light of a perfect and delightful friendship with God, knowing that if your decisions are wrong He will lovingly produce that sense of restraint. Once he does, you must stop immediately."

God is not standing behind you taking the reins when you're in friendship with Him. He'll just gently push you back if you are in risk of "doing something stupid".

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟377,931.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think of life as more complex and fluid than that. We have choices that lead us in different directions, and as we go in those directions, we grow in certain ways - sometimes positively, sometimes negatively. Whichever way we go, we must be available for God to use us, should the Spirit prompt us with an opportunity, big or small. The more we do this, the more we grow, and the more God can trust us with. Along the way, God will move more visibly if he wants to. There were people of all faith levels among the Israelites when God parted the Red Sea.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I am waiting for God to show me what is next in my life so as a believer do you believe that God has a check list and waiting until I do those things instead of me waiting on God to move?
No.

God =/= Santa Claus

Upvote 0