Site Supporter
Mar 20, 2017
No. California
✟95,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Last week I watched President Trump, Prime Minister Netanyahu and two ambassadors from the United Arab Emrates and Bahrain, with great fanfare on the White House lawn, announcing a PEACE agreement between them. By any standards, this was a great diplomatic coupe; long awaited and giving great promise for a lasting Middle East peace. Then I started thinking about what the Holy Bible had to say about peace in the Middle East.

For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, "Peace and safety;" then sudden destruction cometh upon them . . . 1Thessalonians 5:2

So, on a practical earthly level, peace in the Middle East seems to have a promising future, but the Holy Bible could lead us in a different direction. Take the lament of that great prophet Jeremiah for instance, where he actually suggests that the LORD might be purposely misleading us into a false sense of security.

Then said I, "Ah, Lord God! surely Thou has greatly deceived this People and Jerusalem, saying, 'Ye shall have peace;' whereas the sword reacheth unto the soul." Jeremiah 4:10

Another great prophet, in Ezekiel 13:10, said, Because, even because they have seduced My People, saying, 'Peace; and there was no peace . . . In these passages the Lord was angry with the false prophets of the time who kept assuring the Israelites that everything was going to be fine, peace is on the horizon.

To wit, the prophets of Israel which prophesy concerning Jerusalem, and which see visions of peace for her, and there is no peace, saith the Lord God. Ezekiel 13:16

So, peace, or no? My suggestion is not to take everything happening today at face value. We must always measure what we see on Fox News against the Holy Bible. My earthly instinct tells me to be very happy about the peace deal, but my spiritual instinct tells me that sudden destruction could be close.

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Last week I watched President Trump, Prime Minister Netanyahu and two ambassadors from the United Arab Emrates and Bahrain, with great fanfare on the White House lawn, announcing a PEACE agreement between them. By any standards, this was a great diplomatic coupe; long awaited and giving great promise for a lasting Middle East peace. Then I started thinking about what the Holy Bible had to say about peace in the Middle East.

For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, "Peace and safety;" then sudden destruction cometh upon them . . . 1Thessalonians 5:2

So, on a practical earthly level, peace in the Middle East seems to have a promising future, but the Holy Bible could lead us in a different direction. Take the lament of that great prophet Jeremiah for instance, where he actually suggests that the LORD might be purposely misleading us into a false sense of security.

Then said I, "Ah, Lord God! surely Thou has greatly deceived this People and Jerusalem, saying, 'Ye shall have peace;' whereas the sword reacheth unto the soul." Jeremiah 4:10

Another great prophet, in Ezekiel 13:10, said, Because, even because they have seduced My People, saying, 'Peace; and there was no peace . . . In these passages the Lord was angry with the false prophets of the time who kept assuring the Israelites that everything was going to be fine, peace is on the horizon.

To wit, the prophets of Israel which prophesy concerning Jerusalem, and which see visions of peace for her, and there is no peace, saith the Lord God. Ezekiel 13:16

So, peace, or no? My suggestion is not to take everything happening today at face value. We must always measure what we see on Fox News against the Holy Bible. My earthly instinct tells me to be very happy about the peace deal, but my spiritual instinct tells me that sudden destruction could be close.

The scripture tells us that the future for Israel is grime, but it leads to their salvation.

The Lord said that Israel will become a burden to the nations, and whosoever lays a hand on them will be crushed.

He will gather together all the nations to battle against Jerusalem. All the Jews will gather in Jerusalem, half the city will be taken and 2/3 will be killed. The Lord said He would bring 1/3 through the fire.

When Jerusalem is facing total annihilation they will call on the Lord, Jesus will return (the second coming) and Israel will see their Messiah face to face.

No lasting peace for Israel until the Lord returns.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peace in the Middle East does not mean the end is near.
It does if the whole world is on board which is yet to come but this is a point in the right direction of the final peace plan( a false peace) that brings upon the world Gods wrath upon the world in the final 3 years of that agreement that is prophesied in Daniel and fulfilled in Revelation 4-19.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
It does if the whole world is on board which is yet to come but this is a point in the right direction of the final peace plan( a false peace) that brings upon the world Gods wrath upon the world in the final 3 years of that agreement that is prophesied in Daniel and fulfilled in Revelation 4-19.

hope this helps !!!

You are assuming that peace will trigger God's wrath. The Bible does not say that there won't be other times of peace before the false peace. His wrath is not subject to the whims of mortals.

Upvote 0