Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Gordon Ramsay has quite a mouth on him. Other than that, I don't see a reason why it would be bad to watch the show. It's called Hell's Kitchen because it's literally hell for the contestants because Gordon is hard on them and so many people feel intimidated by being there which makes it feel like hell. I don't watch the show myself because I'm not all that interested in drama and cooking. I'd rather watch 1 on 1 stuff like how to cook stuff step by step like Paula Dean or something like that.

I suppose you could still watch the show assuming that you don't develop a sailors mouth from hearing Gordon yell a bunch.

• Winner
Reactions: Christian dbz
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I enjoy watching but ever since I saw this pic I stopped watching View attachment 279710
My dad was a chef, Cordon Bleu. His language was also blue at times. Aggressive, perfectionist and brilliant. I think he might have taught Gordon Ramsay. I would not bother myself. I spent 9 years in the navy. I've heard enough bad language to last me a lifetime.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are times when contestants have undercooked an order.

And if they did this while they were doing a restaurant test, he might taste the undercooked food and shut down the operation and kick out the customers.

Now, I thought they would choose people who know how to cook.

So, how ever could a person with cooking experience put out an undercooked order?

Possibly, they are so stressed and broken by the screaming and pressure, that they can do that.

In the same amount of time that he is screaming, may be he could be teaching and encouraging them.

I watch recorded football games. The commentators talk about how coaches relate with players. It is not all screaming in order to motivate. Not all coaches use losing their temper as their way of coaching when players mess up. There are ones who relate with players as family.

"nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)

"with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love," (Ephesians 4:2)

Now . . . maybe I am seeing something about how to coach or train people. If someone is working hard at something, but messes up . . . do not yell at the person and just criticize him or her. But help the person.

However . . . if the person does things to show off and in ways that can hurt others, may be the person needs a strong rebuke, but not just you screaming and losing it.

When players mess up, others know how they feel; they might just love-tap their helmets and leave them alone to get over it. And then, the guy who is so important to the team needs to leave that failure behind so he can do what is essential the next time he is in a play. But if a guy starts showing off or abusing another player, and he knows better, this needs maybe a different kind of attention, but not abusive.

And this, of course, needs to be so the player has a good example for how to relate with his family, at home . . . so he does not abuse at home.

So, it is wise not to feed on the wrong ways that big-name people treat other people badly. And in order to get what they have, you could end up becoming abusive like they are. So, it is wise to trust how Jesus has us doing things and getting what is really right.

Lowly isn't lonely :)

Upvote 0

Refirened

May 18, 2020
Midlands
✟4,224.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I enjoy watching but ever since I saw this pic I stopped watching View attachment 279710

Not that I have always succeeded but I believe we are to by choice set no wicked thing before our eyes.

Psalm 101:3 (KJV)

I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.
David Wilkerson exposes how television can be a form of idolatry considering that the inspiration for most of it can come from the powers of darkness. and in reality glorify sin. Check out the short clip.

David Wilkerson Exposes Television

Last edited:
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged

ROTFL!!! Lord forgive me for laughing but,.. I can't,.. I just can't!! XD!! They probably don't mean it to literally be Satanic it's just the way he acts sometimes,.. however, Hell's Kitchen is just the name of the show because of how it feels like to people (I think others in here have mentioned that) and I don't see why you should stop watching it if you don't want to, I just personally lost interest is all.

Wow,.. I never would have guessed. 0-0

Its easy for me to not watch him but when I saw that he had child actors portraying competing chefs that was it for me and I never went back.:hamburger::(

Oh yeah, I've only seen previews for that, but isn't it called Junior Chefs or something? Like I said before, I lost interest before that show came out.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,004,874.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you shouldn't watch it, it's not because of the devil but because you could do any number of better things with your time. I suggest reading How Propaganda Works by Jason Stanley. But that's just me. ;)

How Propaganda Works

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums