Massachusetts
✟29,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Since quarantine I think I’ve become more grateful of all God has done. I think of recent events that happened where I was filled with joy and would praise God because His faithfulness was there. But maybe I’m looking back so much I’m missing signs of His goodness now- I don’t really know. The good past isn’t on my mind 24/7, usually at night. Reason I need advice is because of an article I read. Idolizing the Past

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since quarantine I think I’ve become more grateful of all God has done. I think of recent events that happened where I was filled with joy and would praise God because His faithfulness was there. But maybe I’m looking back so much I’m missing signs of His goodness now- I don’t really know. The good past isn’t on my mind 24/7, usually at night. Reason I need advice is because of an article I read. Idolizing the Past
Good to be thankful and to have our minds guided by Scripture every day. :)

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Thanking God for His goodness is not idolising the past. If you start to long for "the good old days" and wish you were back there, ok, that is a problem. Nostalgia isn't what it used to be. Also, you can't live on yesterday's "manna". Paul said, "Forgetting what lies behind......"

Sometimes God reminds us of the past for a reason. I used to complain about wet weather. Then we had a drought for 12 years. I had a real change of heart! I thank God for every drop of rain.

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, the good side of quarantine is that it helped us to count our blessings.

Upvote 0