Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Jesus said " ... a new commandment I give to you; that you love one another as I have loved you by this shall all folk know that you are my disciples..."

"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, might, mind and strength and you shall love your neighbour as yourself."

Upvote 0

StrivingFollower

Oct 20, 2017
South
✟35,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The problem is people see things from just one perspective. It's true that a human can lean too much on hate. But a person can find themselves excusing sin way too much too. You have to find the center because both flaws easily arise. I used to not be able to talk about certain topics, I had to avoid them because I'd enter an intense rage if I talked about them. I had problems with empathy. My empathy was so intense I actually hated it. I felt like I shared the victimhood with people sometimes.

But then I tried to become a serious Christian and I tried to see things more from my destructive enemies' point of view. I kept asking God to help me forgive the nastiest people I'd read about in the news. And then I started to see them as misguided people because I'd ask God to remind me that sometimes the grossest people actually turn their lives around. I would be terrible to neglect those people. It was a gradual growth and now my rage problem is so much more manageable.

That's the best way to learn to separate sins from sinners. Be patient, understand it's gradual maturing and keep praying. I have a lot of hatred for Islam, but when I see a muslim speak I try not to immediately jump to their flaws unless they're doing something terrible in the moment.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To hate as opposed to love...God is love. There is nothing that exists that did not come from God (to fulfill His purpose He purposed in Himself from the beginning). To hate is to hate God's work...and to eat from the forbidden tree...

So I take it you do not personally believe there is such a thing as "righteous anger"? God hates, and we're made in His image no? What does God hate? Well there's that sin thing you know? I wouldn't ask but I believe in "tough love", and sometimes means people will hate to hear it, to the extent of using hate and calling it something else in the direction of the character of the person whom they hated hearing it from. *shrug*

Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As someone who did a little reasearch you'll know that our savior is there anti christ and our anti christ is their savior. They believe Imam Al Mahdi along with Isa ( false Jesus) will come together and slaughter the Dajjal (Islamic antichrist) along with his Jewish followers. The Dajjal will be said to call himself king of kings and he will do miracles and he will claim to be God and he will fight for the Jews this sounds exactly like the biblical Jesus let's take a looks at there Imam Al Mahdi and Isa. They believe Imam Al Mahdi will gather a great army to fight the anti christ along with Isa who will kill the Dajjal and all his Jewish followers. They believe Isa will tell all the Christians that they were wrong and he will correct them he will break the cross and kill all pigs this sounds exactly like the biblical false prophet and they say Imam Al Mahdi will bring together a large and final Islamic Caliphate.

Wooo this bring back so much memories. When I was doing research on Islam I read similar stories on Muslim websites, that one of the end of world story (or the one, not sure if this is the only one), is that Fajjal will be defeated at Istanbul, where a lot of Jews will rush out, but got defeated by Mahdi and Isa, and every tree or stone will tell the Muslims if some Jew hide behind them.

Upvote 0

jovanovic

Jun 13, 2017
malmö
✟9,951.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gonna be honest, I hate Islam more than anything else on earth. (not the people who are muslims, mind) but they would still kill Jesus if they could.

Islam is antichrist in ideological form, with just enough resemblance to Christianity to make it a half-truth ideology to drag Christianity down.

I feel like it's okay for me to feel this way and that I should stop trying to stop myself. God does have enemies, after all. Christianity is not some progressive, go along to get along system of niceties like so many would have the world believe.

I for one am going to embrace my contempt of Islam. Giving it any benefit of the doubt is tantamount to sympathy for the devil in my book. I will seek to undermine it at every opportunity.

Psalm 139:21-22 Do I not hate those who hate you, LORD, and abhor those who are in rebellion against you? I have nothing but hatred for them; I count them my enemies.

what do you think? not progressive enough?

Ehm. Jesus is a great prophet in Islam, why would they kill Jesus? It was jews and romans who killed Jesus.

Islam together with Judaism is the closest religions to Christianty. They believe in almost everything we believe in.

The bible does not teach us to hate but to love even your enemies. Islam is a false religion but that does not mean we must hate it. Why dont you hate Judaism, Hinduism and Buddhism?

Christianity is not a go along to get along system? So what is it then? A violent hateful religion that opresses all non-christians?

Upvote 0

Urban_Legend

Oct 21, 2017
Cape Town
✟20,013.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Hebrews 1:8-9 it says that Jesus loved righteousness and hated wickedness and He is our example

The hate we talking about here is in the sense of bitterness and a desire to exclude from existence...Jesus never hated in a way that he wanted to destroy he only hated in a way that he wanted to do even more "Good", Like the bible says we defeat evil by doing more "Good" and fight darkness by bringing it into the light

Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Gonna be honest, I hate Islam more than anything else on earth. (not the people who are muslims, mind) but they would still kill Jesus if they could.

Islam is antichrist in ideological form, with just enough resemblance to Christianity to make it a half-truth ideology to drag Christianity down.

I feel like it's okay for me to feel this way and that I should stop trying to stop myself. God does have enemies, after all. Christianity is not some progressive, go along to get along system of niceties like so many would have the world believe.

I for one am going to embrace my contempt of Islam. Giving it any benefit of the doubt is tantamount to sympathy for the devil in my book. I will seek to undermine it at every opportunity.

Psalm 139:21-22 Do I not hate those who hate you, LORD, and abhor those who are in rebellion against you? I have nothing but hatred for them; I count them my enemies.

what do you think? not progressive enough?

How does your hatred of Islam better serve Jesus Christ? Or does it in fact, do the opposite?

Let me better explain. You made mention that Islam is a half truth and therefore an antithesis to Christianity, which I fully agree. However, if you in your inward being hate something, you make it more real than it ought to be and thereby unwittingly give it notoriety by placarding it as a real contender to Christianity.

In my opinion hatred of Islam would be counterproductive to the cause and benefit of Jesus Christ.

The best way to diffuse Islam, is to let it implode on itself, by the violance that manifests from it, when it is overwhelmed by the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Whereas hatred would not compel you to preach to its deceived subjects, love through turning the other cheek disarms it, through the preaching of the gospel.

This is why when Christianity is bled out at the cost of preaching Jesus, the offenders are slowly but surely being spiritually disarmed, where their violant manifestation ends up turning on them, as the purpose of such an antithesis religion becomes disillusioned to its subjects, from within and this is how many Muslims have turned to Christ.

ISIS believe it or not is doing a great disfavor to Islam, by sowing this disillusionment within Muslims, its deceived subjects.

Muslims today are questioning their own faith, so this gives Christianity a great opportunity to step into this void and to flood it with the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Your hatred then becomes emnity to Jesus Christ and diametrically opposed to the Great Commission prerogative.

Jesus said to love your enemies, hence can you discern the wisdom from this commandment?

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The truth is within us...we are told not to judge others. What the truth is to us is relative to where we are 'seeing' from as it relates to the questions in the garden, "Where art thou?" and "Hast thou eaten..."

1 Corinthians 2:15

But he who is spiritual judges all things, but he himself is judged by no one

We have to judge all things, whether they line up with Gods word or not. We should hate wickedness, especially in our own lives. That doesn't mean we have the right to hate people, or to condemn them in our hearts

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I don't want to get into the debate about whether Yazidis worship Satan or not, but Yazidis are definitely not Christian.

Like the Bible, the Qur'an has been translated into English and other languages. And I'm also willing to bet that more Muslims learn Arabic than Christians learn Greek.

I did not say the Yazidis were Christian. I said I met some Christian Yazidis.

If I said I met some American Christians I am not saying that Americans are Christians.

And I don't base my research on bets.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think it is right to needlessly criticize Islam.

People create belief systems and they are interdependent with belief systems. So you very easily can wind up hating real people through hating Islam.

This hating Islam and Muslims thing in the US is relatively new. It did not exist until after September 11th. I can remember in the 80's and 90's, nobody talked about this stuff the way they do now. As Christians we should be working on not holding grudges against an entire group of people, and especially not holding prejudices.

• Prayers
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I don't think it is right to needlessly criticize Islam.

People create belief systems and they are interdependent with belief systems. So you very easily can wind up hating real people through hating Islam.

This hating Islam and Muslims thing in the US is relatively new. It did not exist until after September 11th. I can remember in the 80's and 90's, nobody talked about this stuff the way they do now. As Christians we should be working on not holding grudges against an entire group of people, and especially not holding prejudices.

I do not get the impression that the OP is holding grudges or predjudices against Muslims. His focus is Isalm.

The same as people may hold prejudices against Christianity but not against Christians.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
The same as people may hold prejudices against Christianity but not against Christians.

People usually act on their beliefs, human nature being what it is. If you portray Islam as evil, don't be surprised when hate crimes against Muslims go up- which they have in the US.

Jews can tell you all about what unrelenting criticism of their religion amounts to.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
People usually act on their beliefs, human nature being what it is. If you portray Islam as evil, don't be surprised when hate crimes against Muslims go up- which they have in the US.

Jews can tell you all about what unrelenting criticism of their religion amounts to.
Your comparison between Muslims and Jews is offensive.

The jews have done nothing to warrant hatred for their people. Their only sin is that they are Jews. The muslims are doing things every day that stir up hatred for them.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So I take it you do not personally believe there is such a thing as "righteous anger"? God hates, and we're made in His image no? What does God hate? Well there's that sin thing you know? I wouldn't ask but I believe in "tough love", and sometimes means people will hate to hear it, to the extent of using hate and calling it something else in the direction of the character of the person whom they hated hearing it from. *shrug*
We 'see' and act from where we are at in the process taking place within. Nothing out of order, just as it should be. Speaking truth does seem to garner hate from the one rejecting it...but that, too, is not out of order and part of God's purpose.

"Righteous anger" is God's place of doing. We are called to love, no longer to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, though for a time eating from it is necessary. It being an internal/inner truth and we are like trees in God's garden. Our words...and which tree we eat...from one brings death like a sword...the other LIFE. One is a sword, the other has been beat into a ploughshare...

Jesus said "Take no thought...", which is the same truth...and part of the process of getting there (not of our own doing) is all things work together for good...to make us blind that we might see the truth that we are...

"Return your sword to its place, for all who will take up the sword, will die by the sword."

"He who strikes a man so that he dies shall surely be put to death."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 2:15

But he who is spiritual judges all things, but he himself is judged by no one

We have to judge all things, whether they line up with Gods word or not. We should hate wickedness, especially in our own lives. That doesn't mean we have the right to hate people, or to condemn them in our hearts
Indeed! "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

And what comes out of our mouth comes from what our heart possesses (in relation to truth that we are)...those who wield a sword must die by the sword. All part of the process taking place within...the sword beat into a ploughshare...The kingdom is within us and this tent of flesh is the house of God's spirit...when we can 'see' it...as HE sees...

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As the chapter of Scripture cited in my signature says, there is a time to love and a time to hate. Eccl. 3:8
God is outside of time and space. The Day of the Lord goes from darkness/Night to light/Day before the sun and moon were created...which is a truth relating back to the beginning and where we are perceiving from...as in the question God asked Adam after the deep slumber and eyesight change, "Where art thou?"
Though nothing is out of order, exactly as it supposed to be as it relates to the process taking place within...our perception changes over time until that DAY come...

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think as my personal opinion you can't love a Muslim without hating Islam which poisons him and leads him to hell. If you really love a Muslim you'd hate the Islam which leads him to falsehood.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What does Jesus say about dealing with enemies? What does Jesus say about forgiveness? Did Jesus mention any kind of commandments whilst He was with us?

According to the New Testament:

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you
Matthew 5:43-44

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 16:11 A just balance and scales belong to the LORD; All the weights of the bag are His concern.

To a man, things are measured as he sees in part...then applies the measure he sees to it...You are what you eat or you 'see' from where you eat (as it relates to two trees in a garden)...

Upvote 0