Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In Hebrews 1:8-9 it says that Jesus loved righteousness and hated wickedness and He is our example
The truth is within us...we are told not to judge others. What the truth is to us is relative to where we are 'seeing' from as it relates to the questions in the garden, "Where art thou?" and "Hast thou eaten..."

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It would be sinful to not hate a false religious system that damns its adherents to an eternity in the lake of fire. But we should love the people deluded by this wicked system, and seek to rescue them from its damning grip.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It would be sinful to not hate a false religious system that damns its adherents to an eternity in the lake of fire. But we should love the people deluded by this wicked system, and seek to rescue them from its damning grip.
Here's the problem: your post is peppered with the kind of language that only inflames and divides - words like "hate", "deluded", "wicked" and "damning". And your tone is one of moralizing superiority. Look: I am no fan of Islam (to the extent that I understand it). However, I think it would be much better if you lightened up on the sermonizing. Wouldn't this be more effective:

"As I understand it (***a note of appropriate humility), Islamic doctrine interferes with universally embraced values like freedom, equality, mercy, and compassion. We should therefore encourage the kind of reformation within Islam that we Christians have undergone in repudiating things like the Crusades."

I think this kind of tone is much more likely to get results.

• Optimistic
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟760,777.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The truth is within us...we are told not to judge others. What the truth is to us is relative to where we are 'seeing' from as it relates to the questions in the garden,

According to the Bible we are allowed to discern between good and evil. It sounds like you're saying that our comprehension of God's word will always be a matter of relativity. That is a flaccid position for a Christian to take. The Bible is very clear as to what constitutes evil. The denial and rejection of Jesus Christ to worship a false prophet is about as evil as it gets. God hates it when worship that is rightly owed him is usurped to worship anything and anyone else.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
We should therefore encourage the kind of reformation within Islam that we Christians have undergone in repudiating things like the Crusades

The only reform they need is salvation through the blood of Jesus. Anything else is just pretty icing on a doggy poo. Yes, it's really nice when they treat us nicely. That's very happy for us. It still doesn't address the problem of their being deceived and led away from Christ.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The only reform they need is salvation through the blood of Jesus. Anything else is just pretty icing on a doggy poo. Yes, it's really nice when they treat us nicely. That's very happy for us. It still doesn't address the problem of their being deceived and led away from Christ.
You just made my point. I don't know where so many Christians go to get trained in the use of demonizing language. Yes, it makes one feel righteous and superior to characterize the beliefs of others as "doggy poo".

But it only serves to sew strife and put up walls.

• Agree
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
According to the Bible we are allowed to discern between good and evil. It sounds like you're saying that our comprehension of God's word will always be a matter of relativity. That is a flaccid position for a Christian to take. The Bible is very clear as to what constitutes evil. The denial and rejection of Jesus Christ to worship a false prophet is about as evil as it gets. God hates it when worship that is rightly owed him is usurped to worship anything and anyone else.
And what did Jesus say or do to those who killed Him?
There are two trees in the garden...which we are eating from is very relative in how one sees/perceives truth.

Jesus said love your neighbour as yourself and love your enemies.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Here's the problem: your post is peppered with the kind of language that only inflames and divides - words like "hate", "deluded", "wicked" and "damning". And your tone is one of moralizing superiority. Look: I am no fan of Islam (to the extent that I understand it). However, I think it would be much better if you lightened up on the sermonizing. Wouldn't this be more effective:

"As I understand it (***a note of appropriate humility), Islamic doctrine interferes with universally embraced values like freedom, equality, mercy, and compassion. We should therefore encourage the kind of reformation within Islam that we Christians have undergone in repudiating things like the Crusades."

I think this kind of tone is much more likely to get results.

If you knew anything at all about Islam, you would know that it denies that Jesus is the Son of God. And any religion that denies that Jesus is the Son of God is indeed wicked, and it indeed damns anyone and everyone deluded by its lies to an eternity in the lake of fire. For Jesus Himself said, If you do not believe that I AM, you shall die in your sins.

But you are speaking of how we should deal with Muslims. Of course, we would not say such things in attempting to reach out to a Muslim. For although these statements are 100% true and completely accurate, they make Muslims so angry that they become unable to even hear anything we might say.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
And how are you going to differenciate between hating islam and hating a muslim?

One is hating a belief system, the other is hating people. The two have nothing in common.

No, I don't think so. Islam distorts the truth about God much worse than either Mormonism or the JW movement does, and unlike those religions, it believes in holding Christians in legal humiliating subjugation, leading to a smashing of crosses in the end times.

There are perfectly good secular reasons to hate Islam too...

• Agree
Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
One is hating a belief system, the other is hating people. The two have nothing in common.

There are perfectly good secular reasons to hate Islam too...

That is exactly correct.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟591,618.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Gonna be honest, I hate Islam more than anything else on earth. (not the people who are muslims, mind) but they would still kill Jesus if they could.

Islam is antichrist in ideological form, with just enough resemblance to Christianity to make it a half-truth ideology to drag Christianity down.

I feel like it's okay for me to feel this way and that I should stop trying to stop myself. God does have enemies, after all. Christianity is not some progressive, go along to get along system of niceties like so many would have the world believe.

I for one am going to embrace my contempt of Islam. Giving it any benefit of the doubt is tantamount to sympathy for the devil in my book. I will seek to undermine it at every opportunity.

Psalm 139:21-22 Do I not hate those who hate you, LORD, and abhor those who are in rebellion against you? I have nothing but hatred for them; I count them my enemies.

what do you think? not progressive enough?

No, it is not acceptable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Gonna be honest, I hate Islam more than anything else on earth. (not the people who are muslims, mind) but they would still kill Jesus if they could.

Islam is antichrist in ideological form, with just enough resemblance to Christianity to make it a half-truth ideology to drag Christianity down.

I feel like it's okay for me to feel this way and that I should stop trying to stop myself. God does have enemies, after all. Christianity is not some progressive, go along to get along system of niceties like so many would have the world believe.

I for one am going to embrace my contempt of Islam. Giving it any benefit of the doubt is tantamount to sympathy for the devil in my book. I will seek to undermine it at every opportunity.

Psalm 139:21-22 Do I not hate those who hate you, LORD, and abhor those who are in rebellion against you? I have nothing but hatred for them; I count them my enemies.

what do you think? not progressive enough?

This comes down to what God thinks, and Scripture is the source for authoritative thoughts from God.

How does God feel or think about false prophets and false prophecy and to extend the thought process false doctrine?

How does God deal with these in the Old Testament, and how in the New Testament?

The answers to these questions should answer your question.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Someone tried to explain to me that hate actually means "lesser love". I don't buy it. What say you?

True, true, but how does that address the question? Expound on the thought process that prompted your response.

To hate as opposed to love...God is love. There is nothing that exists that did not come from God (to fulfill His purpose He purposed in Himself from the beginning). To hate is to hate God's work...and to eat from the forbidden tree...

Upvote 0