✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is it okay to hate Islam?

No, it is not okay to hate Islam but you can refute any errors in Islam if you know how. Not everything in Islam is false of course but some things are. It is better to learn what is true from Jesus Christ in the scriptures and from Christians who have some wisdom.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,017.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a former Muslim yes we can hate Islam like all false religions but we shouldn't hate Muslims themselves since they are ignorant to the truth and severely misguided. But Islam is the religion from which the the antichrist will arrive this is a fact.

Fantastic that you are a Christian convert who lists Saudia Arabia as his home. May God be praised for that!!!!

I also agree that Islam is deeply false in many ways. Most importantly in its understanding of who Jesus is and what He has done for us. Most Muslims that I meet have no assurance of paradise or salvation and no real basis to assert the love of God for them personally. The ones that do say they are going to paradise are mainly deceiving themselves or have been deceived by those grooming them for pointless sacrifice such as suicide bombings for instance.

But unlike many shallow secularised atheists and agnostics in the West Muslims do at least acknowledge Almighty God as Creator and as Judge for instance. They speak Christs name with reverence even if they do not acknowledge Him to be the second member of the Trinity. Many of them know in their hearts that they fall far short of Gods standards and are screaming out for Gods mercy and forgiveness. There is so much in the way of a Muslim getting saved precisely because they already acknowledge important truthes about the Divine and think that because of their zeal God might yet save them. Very often it is their zeal for their 50% vision of God that blinds them to the true God.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,017.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Also if you've noticed Muslims are the one of the only religions which actually try and attack Christianity with the goal of wiping it out either through the use of physical force or propaganda..

Various atheist ideologies like Communism in Russia and China and indeed modern secular liberal versions have also attempted the same.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Gonna be honest, I hate Islam more than anything else on earth.

Every deception deserves to be hated, especially when it leads a person away from salvation and the knowledge of Christ.

Forms of Islam which promote homophobia, sexism, violence, etc., are bad, and every decent person hates them. Forms which promote peace and love deserve our respect.

Forms which promote peace and love are very convenient for us, but no falsehood deserves respect. The people may deserve respect, but the falsehood is always the enemy of humanity.

"Homophobia," incidentally, is one of the more loathsome falsehoods. All who call themselves followers of Christ ought to hate sin.

Don't make such mistake, there is no religion which not come from God.

Every blasted religion does not come from God, except for one. The vast majority are false and inter-contradictory. God does not lie to us, and he does not create religions that all prove each other false.

God is love. He who is filled with the spirit of God, has no room left for hate.

He who loves hates what destroys the object of that love. If you loved the Muslim, then you would hate the Islam. You cannot love both at the same time, or else you do not truly believe in the gospel of Christ. You cannot love a man and love the poison that kills him.

Only a matter of time before one moves from hating the knife to hating the one who uses it to do harm.

False. It's not only a matter of time before one moves from hating the knife that kills a man to hating the man that is being killed. It's impossible to love the knife and the man that it is stabbing at the same time. If you do not hate the knife, then you do not love the man. You get no wiggle room on this one. If you do not hate the Islam, then you do not love the Muslim.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Every deception deserves to be hated, especially when it leads a person away from salvation and the knowledge of Christ.

Forms which promote peace and love are very convenient for us, but no falsehood deserves respect. The people may deserve respect, but the falsehood is always the enemy of humanity.

"Homophobia," incidentally, is one of the more loathsome falsehoods. All who call themselves followers of Christ ought to hate sin.

Every blasted religion does not come from God, except for one. The vast majority are false and inter-contradictory. God does not lie to us, and he does not create religions that all prove each other false.

He who loves hates what destroys the object of that love. If you loved the Muslim, then you would hate the Islam. You cannot love both at the same time, or else you do not truly believe in the gospel of Christ. You cannot love a man and love the poison that kills him.

False. It's not only a matter of time before one moves from hating the knife that kills a man to hating the man that is being killed. It's impossible to love the knife and the man that it is stabbing at the same time. If you do not hate the knife, then you do not love the man. You get no wiggle room on this one. If you do not hate the Islam, then you do not love the Muslim.
Yet another requirement for being a Christian that I've learned on this site. There are a list of things I must learn to hate.... Jesus must be proud.

Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I hate Islam more than anything else on earth. (not the people who are muslims

And how are you going to differenciate between hating islam and hating a muslim?

Have you seen the post from the middle eastern guy under going bullying because he looks like an a-rab?
Bullyied for his looks.
How different are you?

May I suggest two things.
1. seek to meet and befriend muslim people, even move jobs, house etc so you can do this.
2. be extremely active in supporting Christian missions the 18-30 window. Be the expert in them in your church and push for them to be supported.

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If I hate Islam doesn't mean I hate Muslims if I want to help you doesn't mean I hate you Islam is like a poisonous drug of falsehood if I want to stop this drug from poisoning people does that mean I hate people for telling people the truth does that mean I hate them, by that logic all of the apostles and Jesus himself would be extremely hateful

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟63,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Gonna be honest, I hate Islam more than anything else on earth. (not the people who are muslims, mind) but they would still kill Jesus if they could.

Islam is antichrist in ideological form, with just enough resemblance to Christianity to make it a half-truth ideology to drag Christianity down.

I feel like it's okay for me to feel this way and that I should stop trying to stop myself. God does have enemies, after all. Christianity is not some progressive, go along to get along system of niceties like so many would have the world believe.

I for one am going to embrace my contempt of Islam. Giving it any benefit of the doubt is tantamount to sympathy for the devil in my book. I will seek to undermine it at every opportunity.

Psalm 139:21-22 Do I not hate those who hate you, LORD, and abhor those who are in rebellion against you? I have nothing but hatred for them; I count them my enemies.

what do you think? not progressive enough?
Paraphrasing what you said in the op, hate the agenda not the people. Hate the agenda passionately. Just dont let that passion influence how you will treat a Muslim. Will hating Islam prevent you from sharing the gospel of salvation to them? That is where your true love will be shown. If you have no opportunity to share, you pray that the God of the harvest will send laborers (evangelizing believers) to minister salvation to each whom you encounter.

The truth is that some "Christians" would kill Jesus today because they wouldn't recognize Him. He'd be seriously persecuted and overlooked for help.

• Useful
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Only a matter of time before one moves from hating the knife to hating the one who uses it to do harm.

There is really no point in hating a knife or a book or a doctrine because they of themselves are inanimate and can do nothing. It is when people get a hold of these things that good and bad situations can happen.

So who or what is it that we really hate?
Yes. There are many professing Christians who twist scripture to fit their perceived reality (hence the myriad of denominations). That which truly comes from the spirit of truth does not divide. Truth brings unity, narrowing down to the one that we are...we are all created in the image of God...just that some are still asleep to the truth that has been since the beginning.

All things work together for good and there is nothing that exists that did not come from God...how is it that one perceives differently than that truth? (rhetorical question) God does not see in degrees (no partiality)...How is it that so many do? His love is different than the mind of man perceives...

• Agree
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also if you've noticed Muslims are the one of the only religions which actually try and attack Christianity with the goal of wiping it out either through the use of physical force or propaganda..
What about the crusades that took place in the name of God and Christianity?

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Gonna be honest, I hate Islam more than anything else on earth. (not the people who are muslims, mind) but they would still kill Jesus if they could.

Islam is antichrist in ideological form, with just enough resemblance to Christianity to make it a half-truth ideology to drag Christianity down.

I feel like it's okay for me to feel this way and that I should stop trying to stop myself. God does have enemies, after all. Christianity is not some progressive, go along to get along system of niceties like so many would have the world believe.

I for one am going to embrace my contempt of Islam. Giving it any benefit of the doubt is tantamount to sympathy for the devil in my book. I will seek to undermine it at every opportunity.

Psalm 139:21-22 Do I not hate those who hate you, LORD, and abhor those who are in rebellion against you? I have nothing but hatred for them; I count them my enemies.

what do you think? not progressive enough?
I think it's OK to hate islam as long as you don't hate the people, I think this verse will help a little even though your not judging you neighbor.
James chapter 4 verse 12
There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you--who are you to judge your neighbor?

Upvote 0

Urban_Legend

Oct 21, 2017
Cape Town
✟20,013.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He who loves hates what destroys the object of that love.

Really? We all come into this world in the same state (for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God) and it is God's doings that bring us to HIM. HE calls us to love as He loved/s us...while we yet sinners. Even Jesus while being led to slaughter did not condemn nor hate. He understood their ignorance..."Father forgive them for they know not what they do."

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you had any knowledge on history you'd know that the crusades were a defensive war against Muslims who were murdering innocent Christians on their way to Jerusalem and they were called to protect the crumbling Byzantine empire and because the Muslims burned down the church of the holy sepulchre in Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How do you know?
As someone who did a little reasearch you'll know that our savior is there anti christ and our anti christ is their savior. They believe Imam Al Mahdi along with Isa ( false Jesus) will come together and slaughter the Dajjal (Islamic antichrist) along with his Jewish followers. The Dajjal will be said to call himself king of kings and he will do miracles and he will claim to be God and he will fight for the Jews this sounds exactly like the biblical Jesus let's take a looks at there Imam Al Mahdi and Isa. They believe Imam Al Mahdi will gather a great army to fight the anti christ along with Isa who will kill the Dajjal and all his Jewish followers. They believe Isa will tell all the Christians that they were wrong and he will correct them he will break the cross and kill all pigs this sounds exactly like the biblical false prophet and they say Imam Al Mahdi will bring together a large and final Islamic Caliphate.

Upvote 0