Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have spoken with a few Muslims along the way. I have not seen any hint of buying into the ideas of the fanatic ones. They can seem quite defensive though, thinking that those who are not Muslims are out to get them in some way. Muslims here in America have to bear the burden for what some knot heads among them have done. They have the same struggles, desires, family problems, job problems, and needs as anyone else. Many of them really have never even been exposed to anyone who just shows them the Love of Yeshua and treats them as equals. And they have never been exposed to the idea that there is true freedom in Yeshua.

And what many in the traditional Christian world also fail to realize, the same thing occurs with JW's and LDS. They are always on their guard just knowing that some Christian will beat them over the head (figuratively) with a 20 lb Scofield Reference Bible. Times I have talked with these folks, if one just talks kindly with them and most of all... listens... that it is amazing the how the barriers crumble. I recall a time when I lived in an apartment complex where the local LDS church housed some of their young missionary folks. I bumped into a small group of them in the apartment laundry one day and just started chatting with them and listening. The topic really didn't get into theology. I showed them that they were special just like anyone else. I could see the their demeanor change right in front of me. I made it clear that I was Christian and what I believed to be true. But I did it in respect and love. I planted the seed. It was up to the Lord to water and bring forth the crop.

We don't have to agree with any of these. We don't have to compromise the faith in any way. But we are commanded to show them the Love of God and the light of Yeshua. The freedom for their souls that is available just by simply believing and trusting in Him. They have been duped, like all of us at one time or another, and it is not their fault. And we should approach each discussion with them keeping that in mind. Not beating theology into them, but showing them the joy and freedom of being in union with the Messiah, who died for them just as much as He died for us. This will break down many barriers. That they are even religious, albeit in error, shows that they are seeking. It is our job to show them the one they are seeking for and don't know it.

These folks pay a heavy price in turning from their religious community. They are ostracized by family and friends if they defect from that community. That is why it is so hard to break thru to them. Only the Love of God can do that. We must show them what that is by exhibiting Yeshua in our lives whenever we interact with them. Not from a position of superiority or trying to prove we are right. They see right thru that. But when they deal with someone who truly listens to them and shows the joy of being redeemed by the one true God thru His Son, Yeshua, and that they are special because God loves them, it is darn hard to fight against that and it takes them off guard.
What an excellent post .If there were more like you the world would in general be better ..As it is mant who call themselves Christian do not know the first thing about what these so called christians have done to others .

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But some do in the most barbaric way. And the fanatics would claim the Muslims that are not fanatics are not true Muslims that is why so many Muslims die at their hands.

I am not aware of any Mormons or JW's going around killing their own kind because they don't believe what they do.
I would think it might be a good thing if you were to study up a bit on what your country has done to others ,often much more barbaric than those you 'hate' so much ..
Iraq is now a pile of rubble ,as is Syria ,made so by your people led blindly by your government .Some of these people must laugh in derision at those who say they are christian ,and have more respect for Jesus whose name they take in vain when they do not act in any way like Him .

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But some do in the most barbaric way. And the fanatics would claim the Muslims that are not fanatics are not true Muslims that is why so many Muslims die at their hands.

I am not aware of any Mormons or JW's going around killing their own kind because they don't believe what they do.
I would think it might be a good thing if you were to study up a bit on what your country has done to others ,often much more barbaric than those you 'hate' so much ..
Iraq is now a pile of rubble ,as is Syria ,made so by your people led blindly by your government .Some of these people must laugh in derision at those who say they are christian ,and have more respect for Jesus whose name they take in vain when they do not act in any way like Him .

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As a former Muslim yes we can hate Islam like all false religions but we shouldn't hate Muslims themselves since they are ignorant to the truth and severely misguided. But Islam is the religion from which the the antichrist will arrive this is a fact.
I think you're correct here.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I find the teachings of Islam, both the fact that they exist, and the fact that people believe in them, frustrating. But, what is the purpose of a Christian in a lost world? One answer to that is that we are supposed to influence other people for Christ. I don't think I'll ever influence anyone positively by trying to shout them down. Nabeel Qureshi's seeking Allah, finding Jesus, is worth a read. He's pretty emphatic that is was as much how a Christian friend reached out to him as what he then learned from that friend that led him to Christ.
For this reason I don't interact with them on any basis.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I find the teachings of Islam, both the fact that they exist, and the fact that people believe in them, frustrating. But, what is the purpose of a Christian in a lost world? One answer to that is that we are supposed to influence other people for Christ. I don't think I'll ever influence anyone positively by trying to shout them down. Nabeel Qureshi's seeking Allah, finding Jesus, is worth a read. He's pretty emphatic that is was as much how a Christian friend reached out to him as what he then learned from that friend that led him to Christ.
For this reason I don't interact with them on any basis.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

My country has done to others??? That is a bit generalized and therefore means very little and "some of these people" is a bit vague as well.

And I don't know where you got the idea there are people who I hate so much. The last person I hated was a Christian who ripped me of to the tune of $100,000 but I have got over that.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Iraq is now a pile of rubble ,as is Syria ,made so by your people led blindly by your government .

Iraq and Syria are a pile of rubble because a coalition of countries decided that they would try and destroy the dictatorships of those countries. I watched a report on TV that was live and some Iraqis were asked what their biggest enemy was and they replied "the western media."

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Thank you for agreeing that Mormons and JW's are not the same as fanatical Muslims.

• Haha
Upvote 0