Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is it ever okay to be upset with or angry at God? I just what to know.

Just so long as you recover and followup with
praise and adoration, sure. God forgives most
every sin. Avoid blasphemes.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Its normal for the finite to be upset with infinite when the infinite runs things in a manner the finite cannot comprehend.
Who anywhere understands YHWH ?
(HE says no one but Himself)
So then, is everyone upset with Him ?

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Just like with anyone, it's okay to be angry on occasion, but don't hold a lifelong "I hate your guts and I'm never going to speak to you again" grudge, unless they're really really bad to you. Try to avoid relationships that are having a negative impact on you.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't think this falls under the category of a transgression so much as it shows that we are not fully mature, are failing to trust God fully, fight our flesh, or don't understand something.

In some circumstances, it is perfectly natural and understandable.

The important thing is that we get past it, and at the least accept whatever God has willed or allowed to happen in our lives, and trust Him.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Without knowing details, I'll just say, "yes," but also keep working to accept that God has done nothing wrong, and is in fact working for your good (if you're the sort of person that asks the question you did). The problem is our lack of information and understanding—and our sin—not anything God ultimately desired.

People tend to remember:
“In your anger do not sin” ... (Ephesians 4:26a, 1984 NIV)

But there is also:
But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. (bold mine, Colossians 3:8, 1984 NIV)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who anywhere understands YHWH ?
So then, is everyone upset with Him ?

Some of us are humble enough to both understand and admit that at times we become confused,discouraged and perhaps a bit upset that we can't understand whats going on around us and in our lives, it is a passing emotion that does not last.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Some of us are humble enough to both understand and admit that at times we become confused,discouraged and perhaps a bit upset that we can't understand whats going on around us and in our lives, it is a passing emotion that does not last.
So, then , are you humble enough to answer the question instead of possibly trying to imply that others who know better are not humble ?

Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No. It's not only a sin on several levels, it's also a red flag that one isn't being conformed to the image of Christ, which should by a huge concern when evaluating one's salvation.

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, then , are you humble enough to answer the question instead of possibly trying to imply that others who know better are not humble ?

The question is nonsense,the bible is full of people who I'm sure both of us could learn from who were at times perplexed and confused by what God was up to.....but I guess you are above all of that and them.

What you are saying about yourself is that either you understand all things and have all knowledge and wisdom or what you don't understand is covered by your perfect flawless faith,neither of of which I suspect is true.

Upvote 0

tulipbee

Worker of the Hive
Apr 27, 2006
✟25,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How can you be upset with something you don't know about or even know if God exists? You don't just pick a spot in the air and get mad about. You're mad about having to do the picking. If you pick a nonexistent element, you'll go mad about it. The Bible exists but you're mad about the book being a stack of paper made of trees. You got mad at the tree instead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The question is nonsense,the bible is full of people who I'm sure both of us could learn from who were at times perplexed and confused by what God was up to.....but I guess you are above all of that and them.

What you are saying about yourself is that either you understand all things and have all knowledge and wisdom or what you don't understand is covered by your perfect flawless faith,neither of of which I suspect is true.
So, you admit your not humble ?
The question is still not answered, and you missed the point entirely.

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, you admit your not humble ?
The question is still not answered, and you missed the point entirely.

You have no point,there is nothing to miss,the question has already been answered,i learned a long time ago that the more grandiose,pompous and high flown the screen name the more of a waste of time it was to bother.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You have no point,there is nothing to miss,the question has already been answered,i learned a long time ago that the more grandiose,pompous and high flown the screen name the more of a waste of time it was to bother.
So you did not learn the truth yet, and you are not humble enough to ?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
(1) Who anywhere understands YHWH ?
(2)So then, is everyone upset with Him ?
Here's the answers (rhetorical really).
(1) No one.
(2) No.
i.e. just because we don't understand YHWH , is no reason to be upset with Him (nor with His children).

Upvote 0