Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,760.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to the forums!

Paul did both "What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also." I Cor 14:15

Most of the time when praying in tongues privately usually we don't pray for the interpretation but you can (I Cor 14:13).

Might want to asks the moderators to move your thread to the "Spirit Filled" forum - just a suggestion.

Encourage you not to be shaken by those who don't believe in tongues. You're on the right track -the more we speak in tongues, the better (I Cor 14:18).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I know that it is not good to do in public if there is no one Who can translate it. But what about in private?
The Bible tells us about the gift of tonguees where "no man understands" but we speak unto the Father. Why would we not want to use a gift of the Holy Spirit? You can even sing in tongues. Do it as often as is practical.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0
Jun 14, 2009
✟14,916.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Praying in tongues, is the 100% perfect and direct prayer to God. We can not make mistakes when we pray in tongues, but we can make mistakes, when we pray in English.

Praying in tongues, builds and strengthens our harts or spirits in the ways of God. It like building a house, brick by brick. The more we pray in tongues, the more we become aware of the spiritual things from God, and the more connected we feel with God. Praying in tongues means giving praise and thanks to God by our spirit (1 Corinthians 14:16 NIV).

I believe that praying in tongues, transforms us and makes us more like Jesus in our character, faith, love, and daily life.

It is clear in the 1 Corinthians 12:10, that to one person, are given different or various types of tongues. It says tongues, plural and various, not just one type of tongue. That means, one person can be given as a gift from the Holy Spirit, a few different tongues or languages. So one christian will be able to speak in a few different from each other tongues.

Years ago, I met a brother in Christ, who told me that he speaks 8 different tongues given to him from the Holy Spirit.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes. We all speak in tongues all the time. Most do not know what they are doing when they do it. Every sound issued from your spirit that is not in an articulae language is speaking in tongues. Believers need to learn to do in "on purpose with purpose."
It is like breathing.

• Prayers
Upvote 0