Is it ok to invite an unbeliever to church?

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God turns not away from a child who's willing to hear Him.

But technically, or legally, it depends on the church staff members. If the church staff members don't accept certain people, then those certain people will just need to find another church; I guess.

this reminds me of this funny moment that I was wondering the streets and I needed to use the bathroom very badly, so I went into a random building that I was walking by. It was a church. When I asked a church staff member for the restroom, he said no.
If I were in a church that denied an unbeliever the opportunity to hear the Gospel, I would never darken their holier than thou doorstep again.

Upvote 0

EveryTongueConfess

Hi, I'm ETC.
Aug 30, 2009
✟7,936.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
It is good to bring a friend to a church that proclaims the true gospel!

Even better is talking with them personally to hear what they think and share the gospel in a way that's tailored to them -- making sure they understand what Christianity is about!

Reactions: Miss Howard
Upvote 0

Little Moon

Sep 6, 2017
Melbourne
✟8,250.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think it depends on the church and the person. There are certain churches where I wouldn't bring an unbeliever. Not because it's a sin - I don't believe it's a sin, God wants everyone to hear His word. But because all churches are very different and some churches may be off-putting to certain personality types and give them the wrong idea. You also gotta take into account how friendly and welcoming the church is, if they use "christianese" (jargon), what are the sermons like, and various other factors...I realise probably most people haven't hopped between lots of different churches/denominations like me, but I think they all have something valuable to offer. so when bringing an unbeliever, I'd consider carefully /which/ church to invite them to.

Since you have one regular church, take into account the friend's personality and anything you might need to explain before bringing them. Don't leave them alone when you go off to mingle with others, they will feel very awkward. If the friend is new to Christianity, you might need to explain some things and customs like what is communion, what/who is it for, the structure of the service, the specific terms used etc. After the service, introduce your friend to other people at church so they feel welcomed.

Upvote 0

Heartofsilver

Bride of Christ 4/8/17 Isaiah 54:5
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, it is totally cool to invite your nonbeliever or different denomination friends to Church. They can learn about our Lord and many different things. They can also meet new people and become a part of a family amen! :yellowheart::raisedhands::grinning::church::heartpulse:

Upvote 0

Lilania

Oct 1, 2017
London
✟7,953.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just want to share some encouragement, I was invited to church 4 years ago after going through years of being atheist/agnostic and allot of anger with God, after 3 years of questioning I was baptised earlier this year. Honestly that invite to church was one of the most important thing anyone ever suggested to me. Also don't be offended if they turn you down! It took me months to accept i'd like to go. x

• Friendly
Reactions: Heartofsilver
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums