• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Is it ok to have a ouija board in the house?

Discussion in 'Married Couples' started by SunshineRayz, Feb 9, 2019.

1. barefeetonholyground

barefeetonholyground CF member for 15 years!

+448
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    She speaks truth.
    Do a quick google search and see read the stories that come up.
    My husband tried once and couldn't live in his house for a couple days until his brother exorcized the demon out of his home that he invited in.
    There's a reason the Bible tells us not to practice any form of divination.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Tropical Wilds

Tropical Wilds Lord, beer me strength...

+1,276
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    If people attribute power to them, the problem is the person and their willingness to give power like that, not the item. I’ve owned Ouijia boards and I currently own more than 50 Tarot decks, they are inanimate objects one projects power into, not an object that gives off energy, much less acts like an open telephone line to demons.

Demons do as demons do, which is why we have God. They do not say “man, I’d do some crazy things if only they’d pick up that Ouija board...”

3. AmaK

AmaK New Member

+2
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Married
    NOOOOOO! This response is so very inaccurate and naive! At age 10, I played with one at a friend's house. Though Christians, my parents did not understand the supernatural. So they didn't warn me of the dangers of the occult. I had many visitations of spirits appearing to me for 18 years- until I was taught about both sides of the spirit world. I was taught about the Holy Spirit and spiritual adversaries. I took the authority over them and was no longer bothered by them. This teaching helped my husband and I cleanse a home from these evil entities. Doors would open on their own and close without a human touch. Stairs creaked and footsteps were heard. We prayed through the house, and especially in the basement where a foul smell of sulphur was; and upstairs where in the process we found an Ouija board hidden between the wall and chimney in a closet. We got it out of the house, burned it. We did not have any further instances in the home, nor since. DO NOT take this lightly! Instead, walk in the authority of Jesus' name and bind these spirits from operating in your atmosphere/home.

4. AmaK

AmaK New Member

+2
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Married
    You are most likely blinded by them to shield their activity. And if you are one who thinks it is ok to own Tarot cards, then of course you don't believe Scripture when it says that witchcraft is an abomination to the Lord!

Revelation 21:8
    But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”
    19 When someone tells you to consult mediums and spiritists, who whisper and mutter, should not a people inquire of their God? Why consult the dead on behalf of the living? 20 Consult God’s instruction and the testimony of warning. If anyone does not speak according to this word, they have no light of dawn. 21 Distressed and hungry, they will roam through the land; when they are famished, they will become enraged and, looking upward, will curse their king and their God. 22 Then they will look toward the earth and see only distress and darkness and fearful gloom, and they will be thrust into utter darkness. Isaiah 8:19-22

5. Tropical Wilds

+1,276
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Or more likely that I don’t think one can mass-produce an inanimate object to have mystical properties.

If all it took to do witchcraft was a Tarot deck, life would be an episode of “Bewitched.”

6. DZoolander

DZoolander Persnickety Member

+1,987
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Forget the ouija board - and the tarot deck - is it ok that I enjoy watching "The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" on Netflix?

7. Larnievc

Larnievc Well-Known Member

+2,414
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    Ouija boards are a game own by Hasbro. The same fellas who made He-Man figures in the 80s.

Terrifying.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Tropical Wilds

+1,276
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I haven’t seen that one. Is it good? I just finished “Suits” and need a new show.

9. DZoolander

DZoolander Persnickety Member

+1,987
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Ehhh kinda juvenile but fun!

10. carp614

carp614 Member

+251
    Christian
    Married
    I wouldn't...

11. Eternity Matters

Eternity Matters New Member

+3
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    Ouija boards are truly denomic and I'd have nothing to do with them. Don't ever invite evil forces into your life.

That said, I'd stop being superstitious. It is unbiblical. God is sovereign.