✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Probably the first tithe was given by : Gen 14:17-20: “at the Valley of Shaveh (that is, the King's Valley), after his return from the defeat of Chedorlaomer and the kings who were with him. Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine; he was the priest of God Most High. And he blessed him and said: “Blessed be Abram of God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth; And blessed be God Most High, who has delivered your enemies into your hand.” = And he gave him a TITHE of all. Tithe means 10%

So, that happened BEFORE the Law was given by Moses.

If we read the last book of the OT we read : Malachi 3:10 ""Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this," says the LORD of hosts, "if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows. """

1st Corinthians 16: 2 says..., """"On the first day of the week let each one of YOU (born again) lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper, that there be no collections when I come.""

Many versions of the bible define the "lay something aside" as money.

We are told in 1st Timothy 5:17 : "Let the elders who rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in the word and doctrine", and that is certainly talking about a paycheck.

Paul said this.. 2nd Corinthians 11:8 ... " I robbed other churches, taking wages from them to minister to you."""

and... IN Philippians 4:10... ""But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again"". And Saint that "care" is MONEY. $$$$$

Saint when you love someone, you'll give them time, compassion, and often this is completely related to MONEY being given to them..

I think you know that....

So, the tithe predates the Law, and God loves a cheerful Giver.

Therefore, let me put it to you this way.... If you knew me personally in LIFE, and were a follower of my particular Outreach, and you wanted to give me a tithe or an offering to bless me, or to help me share the Word, then that would be a good thing for you to do..

If you have a minister or know of a local teacher, who is blessing you, and helping you grow in Grace, then you should bless them with your money and your care and be available to help.

If you belong to a Local Church that accepts tithes and offerings, and you feel to Give, because you believe that you are giving to God by giving to a Church that is serving Him with missionaries and outreach, and REAL ministry, and not just a place to show up and be entertained by the music and a charming Talker, then give as your heart leads you to do, as much as you want. "Cheerful giver"

If all of that is obnoxious to you, and you want to give and have it be as pure a gift to God as you can find a way to do it, then just give to the Poor., as that is the finest tithe and offering of all.

Find a hungry family, where this virus has caused them to be in a financial mess, and help them for months, till all is right again. Thats a tithe or an offering...... does not matter the semantics. Its just GIVING....thats all it is.. Giving into the need of the harmed and the hurting.

Or find a ministry that specifically feeds and helps these..the poor, and give there...

If you feel, ultimately that you dont need to share your money into any type of ministry, and you just want to keep it all , then you ARE limiting God.
= How? Because all your money. is HIS.....Its not yours...So, if you keep His money from Helping others, you are LIMITING GOD.. Understand how that works? See it now?

Someone said that what you let go from your hand, God will let go from His.....and thats true.

And there is one more verse i will share with you...

Proverbs 11:24. " There is that which scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that which withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty.""

So, this verse is teaching that giving leads to getting back from God, and being stingy and greedy, leads to LACK and living in a state of being constantly " needy"

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me show you how "getting increase from God" works.

Lets say you have money.. Well, its all His..

When you Give....you are giving God back his own money......thats a tithe or offering or "love gift".

So, God takes his own money and increases it back to you. You could call this "spiritual interest accrued"..but its really "Favor". The favor of God is God's increase of your giving.. back to you.

God multiples everything you do for Him, as all of this is some type of HELP for another.

Give Him your Time, and you are giving Him what he is already giving you.......Time is your life. So, if you give your time (life) into a ministry, or into say...witnessing , then that time you spend doing that is time given to God, and He takes that time and blesses it back to you.

If you wear yourself out working constantly for the Lord, then that is your health you are spending into God's work, and He takes that health given as an offering to Him, and blesses it back to you.

See it?

Most preachers are shallow regarding their understanding that all you have is God's.. So, they teach only about money.....giving money... But thats the least you can give. The most you can give is your LIFE.....but anything you give, of yourself....time, care, compassion, money.,love, ... whatever.....INTO the need of another, is to give back to GOD what He gave you to use. And so, everything you are, is His, and everything you give you are giving to Him, and He will bless it back to you..... as "favor".

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let me show you how "getting increase from God" works.

Lets say you have money.. Well, its all His..

When you Give....you are giving God back his own money......thats a tithe or offering or "love gift".

So, God takes his own money and increases it back to you. You could call this "spiritual interest accrued"..but its really "Favor". The favor of God is God's increase of your giving.. back to you.

God multiples everything you do for Him, as all of this is some type of HELP for another.

Give Him your Time, and you are giving Him what he is already giving you.......Time is your life. So, if you give your time (life) into a ministry, or into say...witnessing , then that time you spend doing that is time given to God, and He takes that time and blesses it back to you.

If you wear yourself out working constantly for the Lord, then that is your health you are spending into God's work, and He takes that health given as an offering to Him, and blesses it back to you.

See it?

Most preachers are shallow regarding their understanding that all you have is God's.. So, they teach only about money.....giving money... But thats the least you can give. The most you can give is your LIFE.....but anything you give, of yourself....time, care, compassion, money.,love, ... whatever.....INTO the need of another, is to give back to GOD what He gave you to use. And so, everything you are, is His, and everything you give you are giving to Him, and He will bless it back to you..... as "favor".

I'd never give money to support a church building. But I would for causes.
And I do.
Heifer International: Ending Hunger and Poverty While Caring

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God takes his own money and increases it back to you. You could call this "spiritual interest accrued"..but its really "Favor". The favor of God is God's increase of your giving.. back to you

Are you saying that if I give sacrificially to a 'good' Christian cause, God will give me that cash back plus some extra?

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Probably the first tithe was given by : Gen 14:17-20: “at the Valley of Shaveh (that is, the King's Valley), after his return from the defeat of Chedorlaomer and the kings who were with him. Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine; he was the priest of God Most High. And he blessed him and said: “Blessed be Abram of God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth; And blessed be God Most High, who has delivered your enemies into your hand.” = And he gave him a TITHE of all. Tithe means 10%

So, that happened BEFORE the Law was given by Moses.

If we read the last book of the OT we read : Malachi 3:10 ""Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this," says the LORD of hosts, "if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows. """

1st Corinthians 16: 2 says..., """"On the first day of the week let each one of YOU (born again) lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper, that there be no collections when I come.""

Many versions of the bible define the "lay something aside" as money.

We are told in 1st Timothy 5:17 : "Let the elders who rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in the word and doctrine", and that is certainly talking about a paycheck.

Paul said this.. 2nd Corinthians 11:8 ... " I robbed other churches, taking wages from them to minister to you."""

and... IN Philippians 4:10... ""But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again"". And Saint that "care" is MONEY. $$$$$

Saint when you love someone, you'll give them time, compassion, and often this is completely related to MONEY being given to them..

I think you know that....

So, the tithe predates the Law, and God loves a cheerful Giver.

Therefore, let me put it to you this way.... If you knew me personally in LIFE, and were a follower of my particular Outreach, and you wanted to give me a tithe or an offering to bless me, or to help me share the Word, then that would be a good thing for you to do..

If you have a minister or know of a local teacher, who is blessing you, and helping you grow in Grace, then you should bless them with your money and your care and be available to help.

If you belong to a Local Church that accepts tithes and offerings, and you feel to Give, because you believe that you are giving to God by giving to a Church that is serving Him with missionaries and outreach, and REAL ministry, and not just a place to show up and be entertained by the music and a charming Talker, then give as your heart leads you to do, as much as you want. "Cheerful giver"

If all of that is obnoxious to you, and you want to give and have it be as pure a gift to God as you can find a way to do it, then just give to the Poor., as that is the finest tithe and offering of all.

Find a hungry family, where this virus has caused them to be in a financial mess, and help them for months, till all is right again. Thats a tithe or an offering...... does not matter the semantics. Its just GIVING....thats all it is.. Giving into the need of the harmed and the hurting.

Or find a ministry that specifically feeds and helps these..the poor, and give there...

If you feel, ultimately that you dont need to share your money into any type of ministry, and you just want to keep it all , then you ARE limiting God.
= How? Because all your money. is HIS.....Its not yours...So, if you keep His money from Helping others, you are LIMITING GOD.. Understand how that works? See it now?

Someone said that what you let go from your hand, God will let go from His.....and thats true.

And there is one more verse i will share with you...

Proverbs 11:24. " There is that which scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that which withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty.""

So, this verse is teaching that giving leads to getting back from God, and being stingy and greedy, leads to LACK and living in a state of being constantly " needy"
Are you aware "tithing" and "giving" are not identical? Are you aware tithing and giving are not the same action commanded by the same directive or preformed with the same motive?

Upvote 0

fewme

Apr 7, 2020
south
✟20,069.00
Country
Spain
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As a former church treasurer of a small church I cannot thank you for helping
It's not your fault that people build buildings or create programs on credit instead of with cash on hand.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What credit has to do with anything?
The Bible explains the mistake of taking out loans.
Churches ignore this and their budgets suffer.
I don't offer restitution to churches with debt
and that covers most of them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ah, yes, no church is perfect
I like congruencey from my leaders and they should not borrow to build a church.

Proverbs 22:7
The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is the slave of the lender.

Romans 13:8
Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.

2 Kings 4:1
Now the wife of one of the sons of the prophets cried to Elisha, “Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that your servant feared the Lord, but the creditor has come to take my two children to be his slaves.”

Upvote 0