Is it ok that I go to two churches?

skyhawke4u

Jan 4, 2011
✟7,637.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am 52 years old and was baptized at an early age of about 14 or thereabouts within the denomination of Church of Christ. Since then I have been in and out of various churches due to various circumstances and found that the Calvary Chapel of Brea California is awesome! Very casual atmosphere where they have great musicians that sing beautiful melodic Christian songs on a stage and they also have two big screens on each side of the church where it displays the lyrics as well as scripture when the preaching starts. Some songs are acoustic melodic while others are upbeat and some songs may be characterized as soft Christian rock. Being that I’m a musician myself and play the guitar, I love how they worship the Lord with songs. Unlike the Church of Christ where they are a bit more strict, they sing acappella. They (Church of Christ) seem to take Ephesians 5:19 literally: Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord (No instruments allowed). Both Churches are very different with music worship but I love going to both. I go to the 9:00am service in the morning at Calvary and when it’s over I drive to the other Church which is just down the street a bit. So I feel I get a double dose of the Lord! Calvary Chapel is a non-denominational Church and very casual. They both stay right within the core of the bible and don’t deviate to the left or right one bit. I like taking communion every Sunday within the Church of Christ where the Calvary takes communion first Sunday of every month. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thank you and God Bless

Last edited:
Reactions: eachallberg
Mar 31, 2011
Babylon
✟9,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Its ok you go to as many as you wish, traveling and dealing with multiple churches is what the apostle would do because Christ didn't stay is one place during his ministry.

Try to make it a point to switch up churches.

Grace from Christ be to you.

Upvote 0

Habakk

Prayer Team †
Jun 10, 2011
Teesside
✟36,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don’t see any problem. I have done it myself before and I know of others that have also done it.
I Use to attend my own church along with going to meetings at another church with a friend.
If you are able to manage the time and you seem to be happy so continue.

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't see any problems, but if the clergy of either congregation wants to raise issues with the habit, please find out why and let us know...
Peace
peace-0029.gif

Upvote 0

skyhawke4u

Jan 4, 2011
✟7,637.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"I don't see any problems, but if the clergy of either congregation wants to raise issues with the habit, please find out why and let us know..."

Thank you for your kind responses....Since I was babtized within the Church of Christ I guess I could go before the Pastor and ask him about it...but I fear he may say something like..."ohhh no... we are not suppose to partake in worshiping the Lord with musical instruments...etc..etc..." I'm sure God's not going to send me to Hades just because I happen to go to a congregation that has muscians. lol I will ponder on this a bit. I'm kinda curious also as to what he may say.

God bless all my Brothers and Sisters

Upvote 0

Lee52

Mar 11, 2011
Normal, Illinois
✟2,645.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
skyhawke4u,
Christian fellowship should be Christian fellowship among family.
That some brothers and sisters went to different schools, should not matter.

We worship GOD the Father, GOD the Son, and GOD the Holy Spirit. The rest is just ice cream with our cake.

Be blessed,
Lee52

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't have to discuss it with either church - you are worshiping the Lord, you are happy in your heart - don't let someone mess it up by putting a guilt trip on you - I think God would be very pleased with you that you want to spend that much time with Him - I think it is wonderful. You owe no one an explanation.

Upvote 0

pilgrimgal

Jeremiah 29:11 It's good!
Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If you have prayed about attending both and have a sense of peace about it I don't see how it could be considered wrong as long as you believe that each congregation is worshipping in Spirit and in Truth. :)

I have done something like what you are doing more than once in past years mainly because my husband preferred one and I another. But this was usually a temporary situation. We are both in the same church now and don't want to go anywhere else.

In time you may want to be a part of one congregation more than the other as you make friends and get involved in ministeries and activities. Then you may have to make a decision about time priorities.

Trust the Lord to lead you and He will. Meanwhile enjoy your double worshipping!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Am I doing something wrong here?
Not in God's eyes... maybe in a denomination's or leader's eyes, but God is your Lord. I think it's great.

During the early church, the disciples met in each others' houses for fellowship, then still attended synagogue. Some say that is why the Christians switched their Sabbath services to Sundays -- because the early Christians were already observing Sabbath.

Upvote 0