Is it not time that the US elected someone other than an acting President?

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What things have Trump done that we have been eating decades for, exactly?

Like Obama was given Mitch “our job is to make Obama a one term president” McConnel?

And, as others have mentioned, both houses of Congress were Republican until last week. May he can’t get cooperation because his ideas are bad.

How did they “steal” the Minnesota seat?

As for executive orders, Obama averaged 34.6 per year. Trump is averaging 47.4 per year.

List of United States federal executive orders - Wikipedia

Data on US standing in the world is easy to find and doesn’t look good for Trump (and by extension for the US):
Trump Approval Worldwide Remains Low Especially Among Key Allies

The only real agreement changed was NAFTA to USMCA and it is basically the same.

The US, Canada, and Mexico's newly signed trade pact looks a lot like NAFTA. Here are the key differences between them.

Otherwise, he has just backed out of international agreements (TPP, Paris accords, Iran) without negotiating replacements.

Are we at peace with North Korea?

The US has complained for decades about doing the heavy lifting to defend Europe while since the founding of NATO no European country has ever lived up to the terms of the NATO charter. Trump is holding them now to the terms that they agreed to long ago but never lived up to.

The NAFTA replacement has already been agreed to by both Mexico and Canada without controversy.

How close were we to peace with North Korea under Obama, W Bush, Clinton, H Bush, Reagan, Carter, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower, or Truman compared to how close we are now? The government of South Korea is ecstatic over the progress Trump has made and is screaming for him to be awarded the Nobel prize.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
The US has complained for decades about doing the heavy lifting to defend Europe while since the founding of NATO no European country has ever lived up to the terms of the NATO charter. Trump is holding them now to the terms that they agreed to long ago but never lived up to.

The NAFTA replacement has already been agreed to by both Mexico and Canada without controversy.

How close were we to peace with North Korea under Obama, W Bush, Clinton, H Bush, Reagan, Carter, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower, or Truman compared to how close we are now? The government of South Korea is ecstatic over the progress Trump has made and is screaming for him to be awarded the Nobel prize.

Who besides Trump was complaining about NATO? This whole “fair share” business is a fantasy he made up to rile his base.

Trump wrong that NATO members owe United States money

I already mentioned USMCA - it’s basically NAFTA with a facelift.

Are these all you’ve got? So far, not impressive.

Too bad South Korea doesn’t vote for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Who besides Trump was complaining about NATO? This whole “fair share” business is a fantasy he made up to rile his base.

Trump: First president in history to have hyperbole counted against him as a literal statement. Whenever that happens I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Nice comment on South Korea. I'm sure the nation with the most to lose can be casually dismissed.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged

Article 5 is possibly the most bold requirement of NATO. It says an attack against one is an attack against all. The only nation that has asked the others to abide to it was the US after 9/11 and all of our allies stepped up. To suggest other nations have failed their requirements is a slap in the face to our allies.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Trump: First president in history to have hyperbole counted against him as a literal statement. Whenever that happens I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Nice comment on South Korea. I'm sure the nation with the most to lose can be casually dismissed.

Problem with Trump is that he (and his supporters) seem to believe the hyperbole - the wall is a perfect example.

And Trump is hardly the first president to be held to this standard. For crying out loud, we still hear Trump supporters bringing up Obama’s “if you like you doctor...” statement. You can even go back to GHW Bush’s “read my lips” statement.

The point about NATO is that Trump claimed that the other countries were not holding up their end of the bargain, but this was a false statement. If you disagree, feel free to find a source, other than Trump or someone quoting Trump, that has data to support that claim.

And, I’m glad you like the South Korea statement. But let’s not pretend that Trump has any special love for South Korea.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We should have the smartest person on Christian Forums be president. Let's have a vote guys. It's time to really make America Great Again.
If nominated I will not run. If elected, I not serve.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To make the bald statement that our relationships with our allies have been damaged is meaningless without specific examples of how -exactly- those relationships have been damaged. And some people existing some place in the world with some of their feelings hurt because Trump has held them to the terms they voluntarily agreed to long ago does not equate to damaged relationships.

As to North Korea, name a single world leader in history who has ever even attempted to make the same amount of progress Trump has made with them.
What progress has Trump made with N. Korea?

And anyone watching foreign relations is familiar with the way our allies view Trump.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Putin and Steve Bannon were complaining about NATO!

Upvote 0

AFC

Jan 6, 2019
North Carolina
✟494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What things have Trump done that we have been waiting decades for, exactly?

Like Obama was given Mitch “our job is to make Obama a one term president” Mcconnell?

And, as others have mentioned, both houses of Congress were Republican until last week. Maybe he can’t get cooperation because his ideas are bad.

How did they “steal” the Minnesota seat?

As for executive orders, Obama averaged 34.6 per year. Trump is averaging 47.4 per year.

List of United States federal executive orders - Wikipedia

Data on US standing in the world is easy to find and doesn’t look good for Trump (and by extension for the US):
Trump Approval Worldwide Remains Low Especially Among Key Allies

The only real agreement changed was NAFTA to USMCA and it is basically the same.

The US, Canada, and Mexico's newly signed trade pact looks a lot like NAFTA. Here are the key differences between them.

Otherwise, he has just backed out of international agreements (TPP, Paris accords, Iran) without negotiating replacements.

Are we at peace with North Korea

Trump's ideas being good or bad is in the eye of the beholder. If he couldn't get full cooperation from his party, control of Congress doesn't matter.

Coleman won the Senate race in Minnesota, and the Democrats created votes out of thin air during a recount. Franken didn't win that race.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Trump's ideas being good or bad is in the eye of the beholder. If he couldn't get full cooperation from his party, control of Congress doesn't matter.

Coleman won the Senate race in Minnesota, and the Democrats created votes out of thin air during a recount. Franken didn't win that race.

So you can’t think of anything else Trump has done that we have been waiting decades for?

What have Republicans in Congress balked at? And, do you really think it is their job to blindly approve the president’s proposals?

As for Minnesota - conspiracy theory. Is there any evidence for your claim besides Republican bruised egos?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump says acting cabinet members give him 'more flexibility'

It is becoming embarrassing seeing the gross incompetence of the current US head of State.
As an Australian and a friendly ally can I tell you from an outsiders perspective it is not a good look. Obama made me think when he spoke to the American people he was addressing an articulate, intelligent population he was representing. Trump sounds like he is addressing gullible 5 year olds with his speeches. From his own mouth the things he says on TV I couldn’t as a Christian endorse him in any way. Could you guys get someone else before my share portfolio decreases anymore please? It’s already halved its value this last year because of the China tariffs. Pretty please??

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
As an Australian and a friendly ally can I tell you from an outsiders perspective it is not a good look. Obama made me think when he spoke to the American people he was addressing an articulate, intelligent population he was representing. Trump sounds like he is addressing gullible 5 year olds with his speeches. From his own mouth the things he says on TV I couldn’t as a Christian endorse him in any way. Could you guys get someone else before my share portfolio decreases anymore please? It’s already halved its value this last year because of the China tariffs. Pretty please??
Sadly I'm British. With the car crash of BREXIT screaming towards us, I'm not even looking at my shares.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Sadly I'm British. With the car crash of BREXIT screaming towards us, I'm not even looking at my shares.
The Russians were likely involved in that election as well.

• Agree
Reactions: Goonie
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DanishLutheran

Dec 22, 2018
Aarhus
✟25,867.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The Russians were likely involved in that election as well.

Z3JZo6R.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, he's played a successful businessman his entire life, so I guess being acting president while not actually doing any real work is just same old, same old.
Ringo

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, he's played a successful businessman his entire life, so I guess being acting president while not actually doing any real work is just same old, same old.
Ringo
He wants to play President, not be President.

• Agree
Reactions: Ringo84
Upvote 0

AFC

Jan 6, 2019
North Carolina
✟494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you can’t think of anything else Trump has done that we have been waiting decades for?

What have Republicans in Congress balked at? And, do you really think it is their job to blindly approve the president’s proposals?

As for Minnesota - conspiracy theory. Is there any evidence for your claim besides Republican bruised egos?
In some areas, more votes turned up than there were eligible voters. We know Coleman won.

You got me mixed up with someone else who said Trump has done things we waited decades for.

Congress doesn't have to blindly support anything, but if they don't, that argument about Trump's party being in power goes out the window.

Upvote 0