• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Is it normal to "feel bad" about stepping down from Children's Ministry due to doctrinal reasons?

Discussion in 'Children and Youth Ministry' started by friendofsthomobonus, Oct 13, 2021.

1. friendofsthomobonus

friendofsthomobonus New Member

+7
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    All through high school I was a storyteller/host in the children's worship service. But I had to step down due to attending college out of town, but more importantly, due to doctrinal reasons relating to my current conversion from nondenominational Protestantism to Catholicism. But sometimes I feel bad for stepping down to my personal faith journey (otherwise I'd still plan to serve on school holidays) I know I've given a good 4 years though, but I called my old supervisor over my team and she said there hasn't been many volunteers. But at the same time, I would need to attend Mass to start practicing observing Holy Days of Obligation. I don't take my first Eucharist until the night before Easter 2022; would it still be ok to serve in a Protestant church until I come into full communion with the Church on Easter Vigil?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. IceJad

IceJad Regular Member

+559
    Malaysia
    Lutheran
    Single
    I personally don't see an issue with serving in another denomination as long as the core believe is inline with Jesus' teachings, salvation & divinity. Jesus only gave us one identifier, my disciples. All the other labels are man made due to interpretational disagreements dating back centuries.

If you love serving in your old denomination then go for it.

John 13:34-35
    34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

3. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+8,159
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    That's going to depend on the rules of the church.

Also, it's not uncommon for these feelings to happen during any transition, because "normal" is changing for you. Whether it's good or bad is determined by more absolute factors. There are people who felt guilty for paying off their car debt early, but that's not Biblically wrong, it's Biblically right.

4. lismore

lismore Maranatha

+2,992
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Hello! It would definitely feel sad to be stepping down from ministry in which you have served and enjoyed serving for four years.

Would these 'doctrinal reasons' prevent you from serving there in future?

God Bless :)

5. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints! Supporter

+5,692
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Can a vegan work comfortably & effectively in a butcher shop (or a dairy)?

6. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+11,831
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Some places would kick you out if you told them you were becoming Catholic. So it's good that hasn't happened to you.

I think easing your way out slowly without leaving them in the lurch is a kind way to go. As long as you and they are comfortable with your differences. Provided you are still able to attend the Catholic mass. That shouldn't be a problem given the usual diversity of weekend mass times at most Catholic parishes.