Is it necessary to be a part of a Christian Church to be saved?

Acts2:38

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont glory in anything.
Thats why I put "and////or" basically meaning you may or may not right? I didn't know because I didn't ask so "and/or". Now I know.

Im just some guy who cant attend church, so i come here to find fellowship.

Look back at some of my posts. I believe I did say we have people that can't make it and we go to them and fellowship right?

with your onechurchonlyism.

There is only one church. If you read the bible and study it you can see that. Romans 12; 1 Corinthians 12; Ephesians 4:3-6 just to name a few.

However, people like yourself only make that difficult. You go to church on sunday, then come here and ruin fellowship for others,

Look, never once have I acted aggressively toward you. All I simply have done was give you scripture. Like I said its not me you have a problem with but what scripture has said that I have shown you. I apologize for showing you scripture and I will try to make a note to not discuss biblical issues with you unless you engage in it with me. No hard feelings on my end sir.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
My opinion is that CF is not a substitute for real fellowship. We argue about religion a lot, but that's not real fellowship.

If you can't get out, there are actually chat rooms and virtual worlds where you can experience something more like Christian fellowship. Years ago I was attending a service on Second Life that was a ministry in the Church of England, it had actual prayer services.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Look, never once have I acted aggressively toward you. All I simply have done was give you scripture. Like I said its not me you have a problem with but what scripture has said that I have shown you. I apologize for showing you scripture and I will try to make a note to not discuss biblical issues with you unless you engage in it with me. No hard feelings on my end sir.

Its called passive aggression. It serves no useful purpose. Its usually shrouded in pretense and aggression.

Upvote 0

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its called passive aggression. It serves no useful purpose. Its usually shrouded in pretense and aggression.

If quoting scripture is passive aggressive for you, you are in the wrong place my friend. This is place is where people come to debate, seek answers, help others, etc. Quoting scriptures is unavoidable here. Are we suppose to just throw out opinions? That would still be considered passive aggressive if I were following your playbook. Are you not letting people know your opinions on this site, even this thread we discuss right now on? Sir, I really intend no damage to your feelings but I will speak scripture to those that say otherwise what the bible says.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My opinion is that CF is not a substitute for real fellowship. We argue about religion a lot, but that's not real fellowship.

If you can't get out, there are actually chat rooms and virtual worlds where you can experience something more like Christian fellowship. Years ago I was attending a service on Second Life that was a ministry in the Church of England, it had actual prayer services.

It must be nice to have a Church, then come online and tell others their online fellowship is garbage. It must be nice to have so much.

Reactions: kiwimac
Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟591,618.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Church attendance is frankly unnecessary but it is a goodness. Mysticism is a life-time work and it need not take you out of community with either fellow Christians or others, think Saint Francis of Assisi.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If quoting scripture is passive aggressive for you, you are in the wrong place my friend. This is place is where people come to debate, seek answers, help others, etc. Quoting scriptures is unavoidable here. Are we suppose to just throw out opinions? That would still be considered passive aggressive if I were following your playbook. Are you not letting people know your opinions on this site, even this thread we discuss right now on? Sir, I really intend no damage to your feelings but I will speak scripture to those that say otherwise what the bible says.
Strawman, i never said quoting scripture is passive aggression. Besides, you did much more than quote scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Get real man
If you can't tell me then you have no ground for such accusations. I wish to know how I wronged you is all. If you can't tell me, how am I to know, if even I did wrong you.
Not in those verses, just your words.
I don't understand really. For example: if I post Romans 12 and then tell you that it talks about one body/one church but the scripture backs what I just said, how are my words offensive?

Upvote 0

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People make me feel like i want to stop trying to fellowship online. Dont think i'll be coming to your church either, not after this. Its not like you care anyway, my words are wasted on you, so is my strength wasted on you

Why won't you tell me how I wronged you? Why wont you tell me what I misrepresented?

Usually people try to work out there problems not blow each other off. Sir, I do not wish to push you away. I do not wish for you to go away angry. I am earnestly trying to appeal to you, that you explain how I misrepresented or wronged you. I do actually care, look at what the Lord said the the church at Ephesus in Revelations. They lacked love and compassion. You are the one not working with me here. You can't even tell me what I did or how I misrepresented.

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Is it necessary to be a part of a Christian Church to be saved?

I've been doing a lot of reading lately, and one of the new things that I learned while reading is about Christian Mysticism.

Sometime in the late medieval period, a group of non church-going Christians came to be known as Christian Mystics. Christian Mystics are Christians who avoid the church and worship God by silent contemplation and private communion...

This got me thinking, maybe we don't need the church after all. Maybe all we need is a personal relationship with God and it will be enough.

What do you think?

Thank you.
I think your conclusion is correct as far as you go. You don't mention reliance on God's word to strengthen your walk with the Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
It must be nice to have a Church, then come online and tell others their online fellowship is garbage. It must be nice to have so much.

You know, there's nothing godly about resentment. I was just trying to make a suggestion. These forums do a lousy job of actually shaping your character. That can only come from a community of people that confess the same faith, and have a calling of men and women to preach the Word and the authority structures to do so in a way that is compatible with good order and the faith once delivered. Frankly, CF does not have this sort of thing. It's a free-for-all. Looking to CF for fellowship is like going to a quack doctor when you have cancer.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why won't you tell me how I wronged you? Why wont you tell me what I misrepresented?

Usually people try to work out there problems not blow each other off. Sir, I do not wish to push you away. I do not wish for you to go away angry. I am earnestly trying to appeal to you, that you explain how I misrepresented or wronged you. I do actually care, look at what the Lord said the the church at Ephesus in Revelations. They lacked love and compassion. You are the one not working with me here. You can't even tell me what I did or how I misrepresented.
Please stop with the charade, im not buying it. You made your point clear enough, and i dont agree. We are done.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You know, there's nothing godly about resentment. I was just trying to make a suggestion. These forums do a lousy job of actually shaping your character. That can only come from a community of people that confess the same faith, and have a calling of men and women to preach the Word and the authority structures to do so in a way that is compatible with good order and the faith once delivered. Frankly, CF does not have this sort of thing. It's a free-for-all. Looking to CF for fellowship is like going to a quack doctor when you have cancer.
Yes, im a fool for coming here, thanks for your opinion.

Upvote 0

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please stop with the charade, im not buying it. You made your point clear enough, and i dont agree. We are done.

Then by your lack of bringing to light anything I did to wrong you or any misrepresentations, I am vindicated. As far as making "points", thats right my friend, you will either believe what the scripture says or you wont.

I only hope this really doesn't stop any future discussions between us.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then by your lack of bringing to light anything I did to wrong you or any misrepresentations, I am vindicated. As far as making "points", thats right my friend, you will either believe what the scripture says or you wont.

I only hope this really doesn't stop any future discussions between us.
lol, give it a rest. You may think online fellowship is a joke, but that's only because you make it that way with your faulty doctrine that you love to argue about. I have found a few good people on this website who dont judge people over church attendance. I call them my friends because they care about me and try to build me up. I wont trade that fellowship for yours

Upvote 0