• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Is it my fault..?

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by pastellee, Jul 16, 2018.

1. pastellee

pastellee New Member

+38
    Korea, Democratic Peoples Republic Of
    Christian
    Single
    ~

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Valetic

Valetic Addicted to CF Supporter

+536
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    We don't always see what the devil's kingdom is up to, but we can certainly see the aftermath of it. You did nothing wrong in this one as far as I'm concerned. Don't blame yourself, you just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm sure God does not hold you accountable for anything you were ignorant of.

3. Take Heart

Take Heart Be encouraged ♥ Supporter

+1,223
    Canada
    Christian
    Single
    Regardless of your actions, he sounds like a creep. Honestly, I'm glad God closed that door as he obviously isn't the one you were meant to be with. I know you're hurting right now, but I'm glad you decided to find out for yourself. You saved yourself a lot of further heartache if you were to still be together. You are worth more than what he's put you through. He's not even worth a second thought. Boy bye.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. redleghunter

redleghunter Abide Boldy my friend Supporter

+25,133
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Sounds like if you ever have a serious relationship with this man he would end up being unfaithful.

Recommend going to church and meeting people your age there.

5. paul1149

paul1149 that your faith might rest in the power of God Supporter

+2,921
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    After all the games and confusion, it's understandable that you wanted to know the truth. Each person is responsible for their own actions. She for hers, he for his. And I think you need to guard your heart better and make sure the guy you spend time with is serious about you and respect proper boundaries. Prove him, step by step. That way you won't get so deeply entangled in messy relationships.

6. Oscarr

Oscarr Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,408
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    It may be good for you to consider the difference between actual guilt before God and psychological guilt. If you have received Christ, then your actual and real moral guilt has been removed through the finished work of Christ on the cross and through His resurrection.

But we can have psychological guilt feelings because we have a sense of our shortcomings and failures. It is the religious perfectionist who suffers from this the most. He or she wants to be able to live a perfectly holy life, and has serious guilt feelings because they cannot achieve what they are desiring. But are these guilt feelings an indication that we are actually guilty before God. I think not, otherwise the death of Christ on the cross and His resurrection would mean basically nothing.

7. pastellee

pastellee New Member

+38
    Christian
    Single
    ~

8. paul1149

+2,921
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I would walk away. You have given him fair warning, that is the extent of your responsibility at this point, considering what he's done. Now shake the dust off and walk away, and focus on your own walk with the Lord. And be careful about getting entangled again.

9. pastellee

pastellee New Member

+38
    Christian
    Single
    ~

10. Holoman

Holoman Credo

+140
    Catholic
    He's a grown man not a puppet. He's responsible for his own actions and you did nothing wrong. I don't think you need to warn him any further if you've already said it. I think it would be best to just cut him out of your life.

11. paul1149

+2,921
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I'm not there to judge intimately, but from what I've gleaned here you've already given some kind of warning. And he seems to have rejected you and your considerations? It may be that you would just be going in for worse punishment.

My impression here, FWIW, is that you are overthinking this and taking too much on yourself. There is a point where he will answer for his own choices, and nothing anyone contributed can change that. Where that line is each of us needs to determine for ourselves. But for me, I would admit where I went wrong and possibly express regret about that, and then, considering the choices he's since made, walk away. IOW, take responsibility for your part, and leave the rest to him, where it belongs. I've done that a few times, and it works. Get yourself out of the way and give him the freedom to make his own choices, even if you don't agree with them.

Abide in prayer about it, and try to get a sense of peace on the way you should go. There is a point where you have done enough. Find that place, and then "having done all, stand" (eph 6).

12. JCFantasy23

JCFantasy23 In a Kingdom by the Sea. Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team

+5,145
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Others
    I don't think you did anything wrong. The guy sounds like he doesn't mind playing the field a bit and isn't fully honest. It is not your fault that they cheated. Sometimes when people find something out, they do the wrong thing with it, but the person providing that knowledge isn't at fault for that.

I bet the situation definitely is hurtful, but you are better off not involved.