• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Is it hot in here, or is it just me??

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I have spent most of my life being cold because of the anemia due to loss of blood. I usually have not been a heavy sweater. I could even be outside on a summer day and even though I was hot, I would not get as hot as others and didn't sweat as much as they did.

Even in the summer I would be cold indoors. I have always kept my a/c between 72 and 75 because I would be freezing. I blamed it on not growing up with a/c. A lot of times my feet would feel cold inside my socks and shoes.

In March I had a hysterectomy. Before that I was anemic all the time due to very heavy menstrual periods. During the surgery I lost a lot of blood (which is typical), and it took about a month for my blood cell count to build back up. I was freezing in that first month after surgery.

When I was a teenager I remember sweating a lot, but I always just thought that was hormones and anxiety associated with being an adolescent. When I get nervous, my palms and feet sweat. Other than that, my sweating has always been very minimal.

I've notice the last couple of years, even before the hysterectomy, that I would sweat more than I used to. I had started taking iron a lot, to try to keep the red blood cell count up. But even then it wasn't as much as it is now.

I'm feeling hot all the time. ALL THE TIME. It's not hot flashes; it just this constant warmth and almost continuous ...humidity, from sweat under my arms and ...elsewhere...
It's grossing me out. I'm in my early 40's and feel like sweat is a real thing for me for the first time in my life.

I'm guessing this is how everyone else usually feels and why they would look at me like I had two heads when I complained about being cold, and why they would get upset at the a/c set at 75?

• Prayers
Reactions: vinsight4u

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am very sweaty and have been since I was a teenager, but it's still unpleasant at times and actually increased since I had my son two years ago. I'm sorry you've been feeling uncomfortable. I try to drink a lot of water and wear light cotton clothing. I do hope that in time things regulate for you as you recover from the surgery.

• Friendly
Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,287.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now that you've had a hysterectomy, it sounds like you could be entering early menopause? Have you had recent blood work done to rule anything in specific out? When my daughter was younger she had a hyper thyroid which meant she sweat all the time, constantly. She was on medications to help regulate her thyroid and has done much better since. Might you also have a vitamin/mineral deficiency?

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
It's not menopause. It isn't hot flashes. My ovaries are still intact and functioning. It is simply because I was anemic forever and now I'm not. Anemia causes you to be cold. My CBC's are normal.

I'm not looking for answers about why I'm hot. I'm just adjusting to experiencing it.

Upvote 0