Is it ever ok to kill our enemies in the name of Jesus?

Kevin Ambrose

Christian Nationalist
Feb 15, 2017
USA
Visit site
✟20,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
One could (and indeed, should) argue that fighting ISIS is very much a Christian act. They are slaughtering our brethren across the middle-east and Northern Africa as we're reading this. The destruction of that heretical cult would save tens of thousands of innocent lives. Which, in my opinion, is precisely the reason why our Lord would command we own a sword.

I don't believe your great grandfather is in hell either if he was a Christian man. Life is all about hard choices and doing what we feel is right. Always remember that God knows one's heart and it's true intentions. The rest of us judging is unimportant.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
As Christians is it ok to kill our enemies ? Jesus told us to turn the other cheek, what if we are called to war or someone is trying to hurt our families?
If you don't hate them and feel like it's genuinely self-defense, and you view it as a "mercy killing", might be OK... But those are my words and not the Lord's in this case...

So, I don't really know...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Everybodyknows

The good guys lost
Dec 19, 2016
Australia
✟45,191.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yet Exodus 22:18 contradicts that. "Murder" is clearly a different concept than the justifiable taking of a life. Just like it is in our present legal system. Otherwise why is King David held in such high regard after killing hundreds on the battlefield?
Murder is on the level of the individual, so if I don't like someone for a particular reason and kill them that is wrong. If however there are a bunch of people that I don't like, with particular distinguishing featured, and I kill all of them then that is not murder.

Upvote 0

Andrewofthetribe

Sep 12, 2016
Oxford
✟24,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
One could (and indeed, should) argue that fighting ISIS is very much a Christian act. They are slaughtering our brethren across the middle-east and Northern Africa as we're reading this. The destruction of that heretical cult would save tens of thousands of innocent lives. Which, in my opinion, is precisely the reason why our Lord would command we own a sword.

I don't believe your great grandfather is in hell either if he was a Christian man. Life is all about hard choices and doing what we feel is right. Always remember that God knows one's heart and it's true intentions. The rest of us judging is unimportant.

Thankyou I really appreciate your reply.
It makes sense to me.
I think as Christians we should be doing everything possible to help our Christian brothers and sisters in countries like Egypt, Iraq, Iran etc.

My problem lies with who controls that Christian army, Donald Trump? Vladimir Putin? Theresa May?
Christianity has become weak and voiceless cowing down to politicians, wealthy organisations and vicious dictators.

Shall we let the pope or a king lead us? Last time that happened millions of people died and we killed our own brothers and sisters.
Christians need to question all authority in their lives.

The Tv and media have blinded us in our own comfortable environment.

I don't feel there is a strong enough Christian leader at the moment.
Also Christians have become fickle and soft only thinking of their own little kingdoms.

Upvote 0

Andrewofthetribe

Sep 12, 2016
Oxford
✟24,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If you don't hate them and feel like it's genuinely self-defense, and you view it as a "mercy killing", might be OK... But those are my words and not the Lord's in this case...

So, I don't really know...

God Bless!
So in 21 centuries of Christianity we still don't know what to do ? Shall we cast lots ? Lol

Upvote 0

Kevin Ambrose

Christian Nationalist
Feb 15, 2017
USA
Visit site
✟20,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Thankyou I really appreciate your reply.
It makes sense to me.
I think as Christians we should be doing everything possible to help our Christian brothers and sisters in countries like Egypt, Iraq, Iran etc.

My problem lies with who controls that Christian army, Donald Trump? Vladimir Putin? Theresa May?
Christianity has become weak and voiceless cowing down to politicians, wealthy organisations and vicious dictators.

Shall we let the pope or a king lead us? Last time that happened millions of people died and we killed our own brothers and sisters.
Christians need to question all authority in their lives.

The Tv and media have blinded us in our own comfortable environment.

I don't feel there is a strong enough Christian leader at the moment.
Also Christians have become fickle and soft only thinking of their own little kingdoms.

Keep in the mind that the Crusades get a really bad wrap:

Beyond that you're right about there not being a strong leader worthy of our support at this time. Many have taken an ultra pacifist approach that if our ancestors had adopted the faith would have been lost centuries ago.

But times are changing. Keep the faith my friend.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well the Bible said we would be hated especially near the end. Things will get worse. We will get trampled on more and more. I know some see Trump for example as some reclaiming of Christianity, but hes not. The end is still coming and it doens't matter who we vote to win. The end is not good for us, at least not until His return.

Upvote 0

Kevin Ambrose

Christian Nationalist
Feb 15, 2017
USA
Visit site
✟20,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Well the Bible said we would be hated especially near the end. Things will get worse. We will get trampled on more and more. I know some see Trump for example as some reclaiming of Christianity, but hes not. The end is still coming and it doens't matter who we vote to win. The end is not good for us, at least not until His return.

Only our Lord knows the date and the time. It's our duty to everything to postpone that inevitability and to secure reprieves through our works. Not because we do not want our Lord to return but rather because we want as much time as possible for the lost to find their way home to His grace.

We must resist the Devil in all his manifestations. We must fight for our faith.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
So in 21 centuries of Christianity we still don't know what to do ? Shall we cast lots ? Lol
I would have to decide personally for myself, and I would have to be in that situation before I would know what I would do still... Having not been there, I don't know...?

Sorry...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Andrewofthetribe

Sep 12, 2016
Oxford
✟24,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Keep in the mind that the Crusades get a really bad wrap:

Beyond that you're right about there not being a strong leader worthy of our support at this time. Many have taken an ultra pacifist approach that if our ancestors had adopted the faith would have been lost centuries ago.

But times are changing. Keep the faith my friend.

I do believe that many of our woes with Islamic doctrine corrupting our children and killing our fellow Christians could easily be stopped without violence.
There are many ways to skin a cat, but governments are stopping us from using these techniques.
I'm hoping that somehow through Jesus Christ Christianity will rise up again and show its teeth.
If Christianity was to actually turn the other cheek and turn away Islam would be powerless and bankrupt within months.
I swore last year to never face east when I pray. I face west when I pray. It is my outward sign that I have turned my back on Islam until it learns to respect life.
I give nothing to any organisation, retail, or politician that support s Islam. No KFC that sells only halal meat etc. It's time christians used their influence to stop Islam in all avenues of our lives.

Reactions: Kevin Ambrose
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andrewofthetribe

Sep 12, 2016
Oxford
✟24,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We are all doomed lol I'm not sure I'm ready to roll over and die just yet buddy
If my time in this world is going to be ended by a non believer. I'm taking him and his friends with me.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
We have to do something to those committing terrorist acts, groups like ISIS...

However, there are alternatives to killing them... We could by force, take away their money, resources and land for ourselves and our own use, use that/those to support building prisons in that land, that we would run and take over, and until those prisons could be built, temporary prison camps, in that land that we would run, take over, and control... Or set-up a peaceful Islamic government against terrorism to do and control...

I know sounds a bit like Hitler with the Jews right...?

But, we don't have to kill them, or torture them, or mistreat them beyond imprisoning them, or send them to gas chambers or anything like that, just imprison them, so we could be safe, and provide them with food, shelter (but in prisons) and clothing, until they died of old age or natural causes, give them doctors and dentists, maybe provide Christian only television, or media, while there in, just for spite... Who knows, some of them could convert and be saved for eternity...

I don't think, that especially under the circumstances, that would be "wrong" necessarily, we would use that countries resources, or resources under their control to support this...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Andrewofthetribe

Sep 12, 2016
Oxford
✟24,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We have to do something to those committing terrorist acts, groups like ISIS...

However, there are alternatives to killing them... We could by force, take away their money, resources and land for ourselves and our own use, use that/those to support building prisons in that land, that we would run and take over, and until those prisons could be built, temporary prison camps, in that land that we would run, take over, and control...

I know sounds a bit like Hitler with the Jews right...?

But, we don't have to kill them, or torture them, or mistreat them beyond imprisoning them, or send them to gas chambers or anything like that, just imprison them, so we could be safe, and provide them with food, shelter (but in prisons) and clothing, until they died of old age or natural causes, give them doctors and dentists, maybe provide Christian only television, or media, while there in, just for spite... Who knows, some of them could convert and be saved for eternity...

I don't think, that especially under the circumstances, that would be "wrong" necessarily, we would use that countries resources, or resources under their control to support this...

God Bless!
I really like your thinking! For example subway takeaway food in uk is halal. I have sworn never to eat foods killed and Blessed in the name of allah.They blatantly support Islamic doctrine.
I personally think it withers our souls.
If we don't feed a wild animal it will find somewhere else to feed.
Jesus told us to shake the dust off our feet if they don't want our message.
Why are we feeding Muslims that want to see our Christianity crushed?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I really like your thinking! For example subway takeaway food in uk is halal. I have sworn never to eat foods killed and Blessed in the name of allah.They blatantly support Islamic doctrine.
I personally think it withers our souls.
If we don't feed a wild animal it will find somewhere else to feed.
Jesus told us to shake the dust off our feet if they don't want our message.
Why are we feeding Muslims that want to see our Christianity crushed?
Something has to be done... And, desperate times call for desperate measures...

We have the ability to capture them and imprison them... We don't have to mistreat them either, other than imprisoning them for life... We could give them selected kinds and types of media, each prison a library of selected books to read, ect... Doctor's and dentists... Other than having to and being forced to imprison them, we could give them a decent life besides the whole imprisonment part, which is necessary...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Andrewofthetribe

Sep 12, 2016
Oxford
✟24,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Only our Lord knows the date and the time. It's our duty to everything to postpone that inevitability and to secure reprieves through our works. Not because we do not want our Lord to return but rather because we want as much time as possible for the lost to find their way home to His grace.

We must resist the Devil in all his manifestations. We must fight for our faith.
I agree Kevin. We should all be trying to become united and push back those who oppose us.
We are too divided in our opinions and have let governments and church elders speak on our behalf as individuals for too long.
Telling us what we should and shouldn't believe, we have lost the ability to speak for ourselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andrewofthetribe

Sep 12, 2016
Oxford
✟24,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Something has to be done... And, desperate times call for desperate measures...

We have the ability to capture them and imprison them... We don't have to mistreat them either, other than imprisoning them for life... We could give them selected kinds and types of media, each prison a library of selected books to read, ect... Doctor's and dentists... Other than having to and being forced to imprison them, we could give them a decent life besides the whole imprisonment part, which is necessary...

God Bless!
A great example of this is in Africa, the Biafran Christians of Nigeria are being slaughtered for not complying with Islam.
Africa is currently 50% Muslim and 50 % Christian.
Why did British goverment install a Muslim Dictator into Nigeria in 1966?
The goverment does not represent Christianity. This is our downfall.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,059.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
As Christians is it ok to kill our enemies ? Jesus told us to turn the other cheek, what if we are called to war or someone is trying to hurt our families?

I think in Micah, there will come a time the daughter's of Israel (women only??)

Will be clothed for war and will slay their enemies, decimate their armies and will bring everlasting peace.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Spirit will always calls us to lay down our lives for our neighbour. It is a matter of Agape Love that always favours the benefit of our neighbpur over our own good life.
Perhaps an act of Agape might conceivably be such that it leads to an act on our own part that leads to the death of another in order to protect our neighbour.
Is this lawful? In the Spirit of Christ does it really matter? Certainly the fruit of the Spirit is obvious....

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
I mean anytime.
If the goverment of uk call me or my son up would I be willing to kill people who the goverment tell me to?
If a man broke into my house with a knife too, if I kill him have I condemned myself?
Just to be clear I'm very well trained in self defence techniques and have the power to take life very easily.
Just because I have this power doesn't mean I would but where does Jesus say it's ok to defend ourselves?

If someone breaks into your, house and you kill them, no you have not condemned yourself in regards to God's law.
A soldier must also be just and consider they are under God's authority to punish evil and bad acts.

Romans 13New King James Version (NKJV)
Submit to Government
13 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Luke 3:13-15New King James Version (NKJV)
13 And he said to them, “Collect no more than what is appointed for you.”

14 Likewise the soldiers asked him, saying, “And what shall we do?”

So he said to them, “Do not intimidate anyone or accuse falsely, and be content with your wages.”

15 Now as the people were in expectation, and all reasoned in their hearts about John, whether he was the Christ or not,

Upvote 0