Leicestershire
✟15,570.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
when is it ok to just give up and stop fighting ??
I will be the first to admit that I'm not the most religious man but I do believe and
I do pray and always try to be a good person yet i feel i have been abandoned or maybe just
destined to suffer over and over again no matter what i do .
we lost our little girl at birth a few years back and that shook our family and i will admit i questioned if there really was a god because it made no sense .
our next daughter was born premature at just 24 weeks and we spent 5 months in hospital not knowing if she would make it ,,luckily she did but not without it taking a huge toll on us mentally and financially .
we both work really hard to support our family but its an uphill struggle due to huge credit card debt that we ran up due to us having to lose a lot of time off work while we grieved the first child and then again for our daughters extended stay in hospital .
my partner then made a mistake and cheated one ,i have since forgiven her and we are working through this but my confidence has hit an all time low .
i had a football accident that caused me to get a few of my front teeth knocked out and im sorry to say growing up on a council estate where we had very little my dental hygiene was probably not the best ,i hadn't seen a dentist until i got to 15 years old so as a result my teeth are in a bad way .
what little money we have goes on the children so I'm destined to never be able to smile again as I'm embarrassed about my missing teeth .
how is it ok in this day and age that at the age of 39 i know i will never smile again ??
i love my children but sometimes i find myself asking how much more do i need to suffer and what did i do to deserve this ,life just keeps kicking me and I'm not sure how long i can keep getting up

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will be the first to admit that I'm not the most religious man but I do believe and
I do pray and always try to be a good person yet i feel i have been abandoned or maybe just
we lost our little girl at birth a few years back and that shook our family and i will admit i questioned if there really was a god because it made no sense .
our next daughter was born premature at just 24 weeks and we spent 5 months in hospital not knowing if she would make it ,,luckily she did but not without it taking a huge toll on us mentally and financially .
we both work really hard to support our family but its an uphill struggle due to huge credit card debt that we ran up due to us having to lose a lot of time off work while we grieved the first child and then again for our daughters extended stay in hospital .
my partner then made a mistake and cheated one ,i have since forgiven her and we are working through this but my confidence has hit an all time low .
i had a football accident that caused me to get a few of my front teeth knocked out and im sorry to say growing up on a council estate where we had very little my dental hygiene was probably not the best ,i hadn't seen a dentist until i got to 15 years old so as a result my teeth are in a bad way .
what little money we have goes on the children so I'm destined to never be able to smile again as I'm embarrassed about my missing teeth .
how is it ok in this day and age that at the age of 39 i know i will never smile again ??
i love my children but sometimes i find myself asking how much more do i need to suffer and what did i do to deserve this ,life just keeps kicking me and I'm not sure how long i can keep getting up
I am so sorry you have suffered so much. God bless you. I will pray that Jesus heals your soul and softens your pain, comforting you every day.

• Friendly
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This may sound cliched, but I assure you it is not.
Stop struggling to do it on your own and rest in Him.
Jesus said, come unto me all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matt 11:28
Peter said, casting all your care upon Him because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
Meditate on these verses.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Accepting the laws & principles of cause & effect (kamma), impermanence, etc. helped me to move on and improve.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

My closest co-worker has no teeth. She has no problems
with facial expressions and because she is so at ease
I've never asked her about it.
She only rejects snack foods with nuts.

Upvote 0

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Have a look at the NHS dental treatment website. If you are on a low income you can get this treatment free, if not, you can have complete major dental treatment for £244. When you consider the cost of private dentistry it is not a lot to pay. The site will also tell you how to go about getting an NHS dentist. I hope this will be of some help to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

I'm very sorry to read all this.

It certainly sounds as if you are in a downwards negative spiral. I found that the "energy" one finds himself in, can be quite determining for what happens next. Doom thinking and negative energy will generally not result in positive outcomes. So my advice to you is to try and focus not on what you've lost or what goes wrong... but on what you still have and what you can make go right. And try to find some positive energy in that exercise.

This is hard. And it's not something your should be doing by yourself. I'm not sure how it is in the US, but I'ld hope there are services there that can be called upon for helping people like you in your situation.

It's maybe easy for me to say since I don't find myself in a situation that even remotely compares to yours. But I like to think that even in the most depressing circumstance, I'ld have the optimism left to still "look on the bright side of life" - even if it takes some searching to find that little light bulb.

I wish you a lot of a strength moving forward.

Upvote 0

GrowingSmaller

Muslm Humanist
Apr 18, 2010
✟49,085.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Hopefully its nothing too dramatic.

I read in a Catholic book, iirc, that "meekness" (as in blessed are the meek, they shall inherit the earth") is defined as manly resignation to adversity which is bound to come even with ones best efforts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I read in a Catholic book, iirc, that "meekness" (as in blessed are the meek, they shall inherit the earth") is defined as manly resignation to adversity which is bound to come even with ones best efforts.
My pastor in college defined meek as "being teachable."

• Agree
Reactions: Doug Melven
Upvote 0