-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the split of the church caused denomination to be existed. Every group has their own diff believe. Some even so 'crazy' protest and died for small matters. It's hard to be Christian, just confess Jesus Christ is the saviour then you'll be saved. But then when you walk your journey of faith you'll face many challenges when you found out many different denomination and groups believe and uphold slightly difference teaching, interpretation of scriptures, difference in opinion, theology etc..

unless I spend my whole life study history, read dozens of book, and think about these differences I'm confused in a sense I lack of knowledge to know the truth. Does it affect my Christian living? yeah kind of, hoping church to church, finding out different tradition and read different author from different camp.

Anyone has had this struggle before?

hluke

Jul 28, 2020
Melbourne
✟22,274.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Forget about the denomination drama.
Kingdom first!
  • Read bible
  • Be close to God
  • Go to a church
I personally wouldn't be too concerned about the minute details of doctrine: as long as the church doesn't teach heresies and mess around with your emotions (reading the word and letting the Spirit guide would help you identify this)

Jesus says, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No man comes to the Father except through me."
Christ and His word are sufficient.

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Jesusthekingofking

Jun 16, 2019
-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Forget about the denomination drama.
Kingdom first!
  • Read bible
  • Be close to God
  • Go to a church
I personally wouldn't be too concerned about the minute details of doctrine: as long as the church doesn't teach heresies and mess around with your emotions (reading the word and letting the Spirit guide would help you identify this)

Jesus says, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No man comes to the Father except through me."
Christ and His word are sufficient.
a church is definitely tie to the theology they hold from the bible. you will feel uncomfortable when a church teach something that you don't agree, and you will be looking for another church. Imagine you're the lone arminian in a Calvinistic community

Reactions: hluke
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
the split of the church caused denomination to be existed. Every group has their own diff believe. Some even so 'crazy' protest and died for small matters. It's hard to be Christian, just confess Jesus Christ is the saviour then you'll be saved. But then when you walk your journey of faith you'll face many challenges when you found out many different denomination and groups believe and uphold slightly difference teaching, interpretation of scriptures, difference in opinion, theology etc..

unless I spend my whole life study history, read dozens of book, and think about these differences I'm confused in a sense I lack of knowledge to know the truth. Does it affect my Christian living? yeah kind of, hoping church to church, finding out different tradition and read different author from different camp.

Yes. I quit denominational Christianity in 1982. I've been involved in a home based fellowship since. Suits me just fine.

Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟401,185.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yep, the Church is complex in doctrine and history. Although I think this is well worth studying, don't be burdened by it - we'll do well to simply trust in the person and works of our Lord Jesus Christ.

When God's Law confronts us with our sins, we can always take refuge in the Gospel. We received the free forgiveness of sins both once and for all on the cross, and every day, in accordance with God's great love and mercy. And having been declared righteous before God, we are free to do good works in whatever situation or station of life we're in, without fear of condemnation.

I love theology, because it's the study of God's Word, but you don't have to be a dogmatitian or a historian to be a good and faithful servant of Christ. Whoever believes and is baptised into Christ, has received the free gift of the Holy Spirit, who produces good fruit in us through the Word.

Upvote 0

hluke

Jul 28, 2020
Melbourne
✟22,274.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
a church is definitely tie to the theology they hold from the bible. you will feel uncomfortable when a church teach something that you don't agree, and you will be looking for another church. Imagine you're the lone arminian in a Calvinistic community
What about a homeless drug addict walking into the high Anglican church during royal easter service, weeping out to God? I hope there wouldn't be any doctrinal disputes or disagreements here.

Yes. Its advantageous to be taught sound theology. YouTube helps.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,444.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

i have never attended any church, nor do i hold to any doctrine or theology that has come out from them,

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the split of the church caused denomination to be existed. Every group has their own diff believe

No every group does not have there own belief. They have there understanding of basic Christian truths, some stress certain aspects more than others do.

How do you find a church you can fit into?
Simple, look up the churches in your town and read there statement of faith. Watch some of these online services, email the minister any questions you may have and attend those churches you think you could fit into.
While there, check out how are you greeted, as a visitor are things made clear to you, when seated in church do people speak to you before and after the service, was the order of service clear, did you know what was happening.

Do let the minister know how you scored the church and its service.

Basically you are looking for a church where you believe they are seeking to practice what the Bible teaches, where they will accept your fobiles and where you are welcomes.
You do not have to agree with every aspect that is taught and you can be the sole arminian in a Calvinistic church, depending how they promote galvanism.

Upvote 0

Jesusthekingofking

Jun 16, 2019
-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. I quit denominational Christianity in 1982. I've been involved in a home based fellowship since. Suits me just fine.
How is it your home based fellowship not another kind of denomination?

Upvote 0

Jesusthekingofking

Jun 16, 2019
-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No every group does not have there own belief. They have there understanding of basic Christian truths, some stress certain aspects more than others do.

How do you find a church you can fit into?
Simple, look up the churches in your town and read there statement of faith. Watch some of these online services, email the minister any questions you may have and attend those churches you think you could fit into.
While there, check out how are you greeted, as a visitor are things made clear to you, when seated in church do people speak to you before and after the service, was the order of service clear, did you know what was happening.

Do let the minister know how you scored the church and its service.

Basically you are looking for a church where you believe they are seeking to practice what the Bible teaches, where they will accept your fobiles and where you are welcomes.
You do not have to agree with every aspect that is taught and you can be the sole arminian in a Calvinistic church, depending how they promote galvanism.
they challenge you almost every damn time in their sermon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesusthekingofking

Jun 16, 2019
-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i have never attended any church, nor do i hold to any doctrine or theology that has come out from them,
then what are you? you're not living the Christian way or live according to the bible (at least in some ways)

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jesusthekingofking

Jun 16, 2019
-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What about a homeless drug addict walking into the high Anglican church during royal easter service, weeping out to God? I hope there wouldn't be any doctrinal disputes or disagreements here.

Yes. Its advantageous to be taught sound theology. YouTube helps.
meanwhile youtube is a collection of pastor/theologian where they disagree on each other :help:

• Agree
Reactions: Llleopard
Upvote 0

Jesusthekingofking

Jun 16, 2019
-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yep, the Church is complex in doctrine and history. Although I think this is well worth studying, don't be burdened by it - we'll do well to simply trust in the person and works of our Lord Jesus Christ.

When God's Law confronts us with our sins, we can always take refuge in the Gospel. We received the free forgiveness of sins both once and for all on the cross, and every day, in accordance with God's great love and mercy. And having been declared righteous before God, we are free to do good works in whatever situation or station of life we're in, without fear of condemnation.

I love theology, because it's the study of God's Word, but you don't have to be a dogmatitian or a historian to be a good and faithful servant of Christ. Whoever believes and is baptised into Christ, has received the free gift of the Holy Spirit, who produces good fruit in us through the Word.
I see your label that you're a Lutheran, you'll stick to book of concord than westminster confession of faith am I right?

Upvote 0

hluke

Jul 28, 2020
Melbourne
✟22,274.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
meanwhile youtube is a collection of pastor/theologian where they disagree on each other :help:
Col 3:23 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men

Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

2Ti 2:23 Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels.

Tit 3:9 But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless.

1Co 12:25 that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another.

Tit 3:10 As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him,

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,444.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
then what are you? you're not living the Christian way or live according to the bible (at least in some ways)

why a son of our Father of course ! who else could i be !

i see all religion as the broad way ... a seeking after a god separate from self as in an ... always learning and never being able to come to a knowledge of the truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
How is it your home based fellowship not another kind of denomination?
Because we have no label. We do not discriminate. You can be pre, post, a-millennial, you can be pre-trib rapture, you can even believe infant baptism if you are so inclined. I teach believer's immersion, but I will not refuse fellowship to someone who disagrees. We accept the divorced, those whose lives have been broken because we know that the Lord Jesus came to set captives free.

We have no membership criteria. My view is that a Christian is a member by birth, not by a piece of paper. We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit. People who are not baptised in the Spirit are welcome and we do not consider them inferior. Those who join us usually realise their lack and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Those who are born again are welcome. All that we ask and expect is that they do not create division. Leaders are not required to be qualified in theology. We do expect them to be committed to Christ as Lord.

I've been a member of two Baptist churches and a Pentecostal church. I was youth leader in the Pentecostal church. I preached a few times in the evening meetings and regularly in the weekly youth meetings. Getting out of that scene was the best decision I'd made up until that time in my life (apart fro accepting Christ, of course).

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God knows your choice of churches available (just like He knows your pool of potential mates). Neither pool is perfect, but if you pray, God can set you up with the best match for both. And you have no lifelong obligation to a particular church body, if He gives you a new direction down the road.

But in both cases (church life & marriage),
you will need to learn how to extend grace,
"For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged;
and with the measure you use,

it will be measured back to you." Matthew 7:2 NKJV​

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

interesting question because I have found that very few people understand or even know the basics of the Theology of the church they attend. Let the Holy Spirit help you find a church where you will be welcomed and nurtured. Even people who have spent years of study in Theology find that their beliefs change as they are exposed to more and more knowledge and gain maturity in the subject.

Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟401,185.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I see your label that you're a Lutheran, you'll stick to book of concord than westminster confession of faith am I right?

Yes, that’s correct! I’m Orthodox Lutheran, so I hold to the Book of Concord.

Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0