South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I just turned 40 earlier this past week and I wonder what should I look forward to. I am young, yet I feel all grown up. I feel younger and more energized at 40 than I did in my 20s and 30s. I know that there is an opportunity to grow since we all age, but is it normal for a 40-something to feel or be this energized?

Reactions: Spikey

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I just turned 40 earlier this past week and I wonder what should I look forward to. I am young, yet I feel all grown up. I feel younger and more energized at 40 than I did in my 20s and 30s. I know that there is an opportunity to grow since we all age, but is it normal for a 40-something to feel or be this energized?

YES!! :thumbsup:

I'm so much healthier in my 40s than I was in my 30s or 20s! I feel awesome and really enjoy my age :) Glad others feel the same!

• Agree
Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0

FreeSpirit74

Contra Dancing Pagan Warrior
Mar 15, 2006
Troy, NY temporarily displaced to Schenectady, NY
Visit site
✟11,834.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Congrats and Happy Birthday! I turn 40 a week from tomorrow. My thoughts have been along the lines of "uhh.... what happens then? Does my warranty expire?" ;)

Upvote 0
B

bp88

40 seems a lot younger then it did when I was 20. I feel way more alive and prepared now even in my late 40's. Enjoy yourself!

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I feel like...half or more of however long I will live has passed. But I have diabetes, coronary artery disease, peripheral neuropathy, high blood pressure, vitamin D deficiency, cholesterol issues, scoliosis, degenerative spine disease, and am blind in left eye. I have a couple other issues but not comfortable mentioning. I suffered a 'light' heart attack about a year after being diagnosed with diabetes. Things changed rather drastically in my case over the past seven or so years. I've been blind in my left eye though since I was around three years old, and I suspect that I've had scoliosis for a very long time before being diagnosed. I probably had diabetes for some time before being diagnosed as well. So in your case, I cannot say whether it's the norm or not, but be thankful, health is wealth, greater than all the gold in the world.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,587.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many other 40 somethings I know all seem to have the complaints of sore, stiff muscles upon waking in the mornings along with a bunch of other health issues they claim is associated "with age". I don't have any of those. I too, in fact, feel more energetic now than before! Take it and run with it while you can! :) And don't believe the "old" negative nay-sayers. I don't know what their problem is but some people seriously put alot of negativity into a number. God let you live in this day, so celebrate it! :clap:

Upvote 0