Is it christian to do this

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
From the OP. The Catholic catechism doesn't permit sperm donation and artificial insemination because of the importance of knowing who the actual father is. Also donation involves masturbation. The Greek Orthodox considers it to be adultery.

In reading a secular magazine, Sydney's Child, the journalist documents how the men going through the pressure are troubled and find making the decision quite difficult.

Sure a woman craves to have her own flesh and blood baby, but the husband is in pain for a time.

Scottish law does not require a child from AI and a donor to be given the adopting father's inheritance.

I think AI from a donor also ill effects the history of the mother's body. It creates a strong connection between mother and a stranger to her marriage. The children are known to grow up and want to find their biological fathers.

I would prefer not to marry than have this kind of life. I would not want another man to get the best honours of my wife.

Sometimes the infertile husband shoots a good seed and they have a normal child.

Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
be a surrogate mother, sell your eggs or donate sperm?

On one hand, it could be selfless, you want another person to be a parent.
But on the other hand it could be really selfish. Maybe you doing it for other reasons. Or the wannabe parents are selfish.

But maybe they could be christians. Could they? Do infertile couples who are christians do this or would they be more likely to adopt.

Am just wondering as, it seems older or infertile couples seem willing to go through the expense of IVF and have test tube babies these days. Is it ok for christians to consider having a test tube baby?
I'd be more than happy to help a struggling couple out by donating... seems the most ethical option for me.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Tamars children were conceived by her playing the harlot with her father in law.
Lots daughters slept with their own father in an incestuous union to conceive.
Rachel died in childbirth after desperate attempts to have children..Leah who had many was never loved by Jacob.
Sarahs great idea to have Hagar surrogate for abraham did not turn out wonderfully.
By contrast elizabeth and zachariah waited, john the baptist was their miracle baby who lept for joy in his mother womb, and elizabeth became an encouragement to cousin Mary when she had Jesus.

Seeing the consequences of surrogacy in the bible are not enocouraging for the couple considering conceiving a child in this way. There are many ramifications. Especially For the child..couples are NOT thinking or giving God any glory in their haste.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,840.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't think you can compare the Biblical situations with contemporary ones, Goodbook. Modern medical science has meant that a "surrogate" doesn't need to, in fact, be a concubine.

I'm not saying that that means that use of donor gametes or surrogacy (which are different things, remember) is something that should be taken lightly or not carefully discerned in each case, but I'm saying that I think a blanket condemnation is not fair.

• Agree
Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Part of the discernment involves showing love to an infertile husband.
Part of the discernment is trusting one's seed to a couple of strangers.
People should have faith for healing.
People need stress the importance of a man's honour. His best in his seed.
I thought about this and I in a infertile man's shoes would not want to push myself to consider another man's seed to be the very same as mine, not at all. It's not the real deal, if I love her I love her honour and her seed and motherly cares honours. If I am infertile, I would let her marry someone else.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
funny hahathings you can find now from people expressing thier thoughts online. hahahaha what if a huge Afriican American guy starts making lots of money doing that... or are they required to tell you the race?

Id say just do it and anonce to everyone that you are. you will become the center of atention. or just pray to the Lord and let him answer you.
Eugenics fertility clinics do take consideration of race, religion, police record, eye colour, hair colour, height, ideology.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd be more than happy to help a struggling couple out by donating... seems the most ethical option for me.

Whether or not that was a serious statement, there are many many children waiting to be adopted, proabortion people (falsely) state that pro-life people talk of mothers to bear children and if unwanted give them for adoption, but wouldn't ever adopt any. Adoption of such waiting children is the most ethical option.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,840.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Depending where you are, adoption may be very difficult to near impossible. In Australia, it's not unusual for a couple wanting to adopt to spend many years waiting, and tens of thousands of dollars on complying with the process. Just to be considered!

It's not as easy as deciding to give a child a loving home and bringing one home next week, as some people sometimes portray it.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whether or not, there are many many children waiting to be adopted, proabortion people (falsely) state that pro-life people talk of mothers to bear children and if unwanted give them for adoption, but wouldn't ever adopt any. Adoption of such waiting children is the most ethical option.

Paidiske said:
Depending where you are, adoption may be very difficult to near impossible. In Australia, it's not unusual for a couple wanting to adopt to spend many years waiting, and tens of thousands of dollars on complying with the process. Just to be considered!
It's not as easy as deciding to give a child a loving home and bringing one home next week, as some people sometimes portray it.

This is understood. The point is that some can adopt and some are in a good position to raise children, children are waiting to be adopted, adopting children is the most ethical to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It would be inappropriate to go do so, without hearing council and without a lot of praying, and yet without knowing a lot more details about intentions and desires and what is and what will be involved. It is not tending to be an ethical choice, and there would be very much more ethical things to do instead that get neglected.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you read the Bible stories, it sounds like they weren't then either. Hagar, Tamar, etc.. seemed to have no real say in the matter.

In those cases, it seems, but it isn't that way with others who were together and had any children shown in the Bible. Even if marriage was not originally started for love, such would come with love. Think of it like Isaac and Rebecca.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I read the word.. and as I understand Him...it. Now... if this was like.. helping a married couple.. that can not. I see nothing wrong. But.. to sell to give away you name it for me would be wrong. We tend to do things in this world ..looking at it through mans eyes..not the Fathers.

For ME.. married.. say we couldnt have kids. We get some egg or sperm from.. who knows where lol. For me..it would be a sin. As if ONLY lusting after someone else in your heart is the real sin. For my wife or a girl to give way ..what was is meant for only ONE. Again.. for me as I see it and understand would be sin. That Child will NEVER know its REAL mother or Father. We meed to remember.. its not our way..not what we think is right. Ask Him.. pray to Him.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Creation of life belongs to God, not man.

Isaiah 42:5
Thus says God the Lord,
Who created the heavens and stretched them out,
Who spread out the earth and its offspring,
Who gives breath to the people on it
And SPIRIT to those who walk in it,

Zechariah 12:1B
Thus declares the Lord
who stretches out the heavens,
lays the foundation of the earth, and
forms the SPIRIT of man within him,(Body/Soul)

Psalm 33: 4-6 (NASB)...a Song of Praise to the Creator and Preserver.
For the word of the Lord is upright,
And all His work is done in faithfulness.
He loves righteousness and justice;
The earth is full of the lovingkindness of the Lord.
By the word of the Lord the heavens were made,
And by the breath of His mouth all their host.

How God may view attempts to control sperm/eggs:

Genesis 38
6 Now Judah took a wife for Er his firstborn, and her name was Tamar.
7 But Er, Judah’s firstborn, was evil in the sight of the Lord, so the Lord took his life.
8 Then Judah said to (Tamar's brother-in-law)Onan,
“Go in to your brother’s wife, and perform your duty as a brother-in-law to her, and raise up offspring for your brother.”
9 Onan knew that the offspring would not be his;
so when he went in to his brother’s wife,
he wasted his seed on the ground in order not to give offspring to his brother.
10 But what he did was displeasing in the sight of the Lord; so He took his life also.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well thats the name for illegitmate children. Its like calling a prostitute a harlot I suppose. Not actually meant to be cruel just a name for it.
In the Commonwealth where I previously resided the term "bastard" had been abolished from the statutes and replaced with "illegitimate child." I'm not sure if that is the case in the state where I now reside.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ron Gurley said:
The Creation of life belongs to God, not man.

Isaiah 42:5

Zechariah 12:1B

Psalms 33: 4-6

How God may view attempts to control sperm/eggs:

Genesis 38

There would be selfish choices against life that Yahweh would be against. Some are needy conditions, not merely to suffer that because it is Yahweh's will for it to be so, or that they have to pay for something, we know from Jesus that others in needy circumstances would be there for those of us who are able to be of help to them. This isn't to say this applies that way to this, but it shouldn't be dismissed with those bases.

Upvote 0