Visit site
✟1,241,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
...assuming that the story they're telling you is correct, that is.
Good point. I tried to convey the possibility that the story might not be true (or, at least, not what they believed it to be) by inserting the "(claim to)" in there. My "proof positive" part kind of clashed with that I think.

There's no assurance that hell isn't forever if people who say that they've been there are making it up or hallucinating.
True. Although, I guess there's very little assurance about any aspect of the afterlife, to be honest. I mean, we have what we read (interpret) from scripture, but that's a bit different from having seen it for ourselves. That's why we go on faith about these things, and derive a certain kind of assurance that way -- a kind that I remember having to struggle to maintain at times, depending on what I heard a preacher say on a given day. The 'Lordship Salvation' sermons were the worst for me as far as being assurance-shattering.

It's different from, say, being assured that my car is in the driveway because I actually saw it there just a moment ago.

Because it was there, the last time I looked.

It was, right?

(*dashes off to be sure the car is still there*)

Upvote 0

JES1023

Site Supporter
Apr 21, 2017
Monticello MN
✟42,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Having the Baptist belief that i'm saved by the grace of Christ, not my own works I would say i'm saved by the grace of Jesus, Whom after saving me, began thru the Holy Spirit to start His good work in me, Ephesians 2:10 and Philippians 1:6.

When you read Hebrew 6 it is not talking of true Christians losing their salvation but people claiming Christ but not allowing God's Spirit to work in them. People who call Christ, Lord but don't obey Him, Luke 6:6; Matthew 7:21-23. This is why James says faith withoit works is dead; James 2:17 and 26.

The true work of faith is love; Galatians 5:6; this is what the Holy Spirit fills the believer with, Roman 5:5; I Peter 1:22. This why we are told that God's love given to us and filling us by His Spirit is the fulfilling of the law, see Matthew 22:37-40; Romans 13:8-10 and Galatians 5:13-14.

And by witnessing to others of Jesus grace we show the greatest love of all.

So yes i'm saved by the grace of God thru Jesus Christ my Lord; without my works, but the Holy Spirit begins His good works in me, and if I have none of His works or fruit in me it is because i'm one of the 3 bad grounds mentioned in Luke 8, but the good is what I strive for;

But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.
Luke 8:15

9) But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.
10) For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward His Name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
Hebrews 6:9-10

Upvote 0

GandalfTheWise

In search of lost causes and hopeless battles
May 27, 2012
Wisconsin
✟71,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK I'm Baptist, and I'm very confused on the question of salvation. Here are my questions:

1. Is OSAS (Once Saved, Always Saved) Biblical?

2. If a Christian refuses to spread the Gospel, are they going to hell?

3. Is it truly by faith, and not works that we are saved?

I pose these questions due to a video I saw online. Supposedly a Korean Artist had a tour of hell with Jesus, and during the tour, she said that Christians who don't share the Gospel, or don't find sharing the Gospel as important will go to hell. Is this true?

I'm sort've scared of hell right now, since I struggle with evangelism. I know I should share the Gospel, but I just have such a hard time with it.

*Sorry If I posted this in the wrong section*

Dude, hang in there. :) Most Christians I know (I've been one for over 40 years and most of my circle of close friends have believers for decades) have gone through this phase. What you are experiencing is common for many Christians. It's like Peter walking out on the water with Jesus, it starts out cool and miraculous, and ends up with "HELPPPPPPPP!!!!!!" We feel like we're falling short, certain sins that grip us, our lack of complete devotion, and our failures rise up before our faces like giant signposts shouting "just give up on it, you're not worthy of it!" For many of us, there are one or two particular things that rise up that make us feel like our entire relationship with God hinges on getting it right. We feel like the Christian walk is a giant minefield full of dangers rather than starting off on a grand adventure through the wilderness to the promised land with Jesus as our guide.

Good News! (Hey, that's what the word Gospel means in greek). Your standing before God is not based on you meeting certain criteria. It is based solely on Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit within you is changing you. You will become the person God wants you to be. Now, of course, there's this problem that we don't always see it or feel it. About all I can say is hang in there. The longer you consistently walk with God, the more doubts fade away, the more you are transformed by God into a Christlike person, and deeper your trust and confidence in God will become.

I wish it was as easy as memorize a few Bible verses, believe the right doctrines, get up the courage to knock a few doors to hand out tracts, go to church enough, etc. etc., the cookie-cutter activities we're all told will change our lives. But, there is no shortcut. Your spiritual life is like a garden, God is carefully tending it, and it will grow. Rarely as quickly as we like, but it does happen. Years from now, you will realize that it's been ages since you last worried about ending up in Hell, that you've comfortably prayed with your hair-dresser when she was crying about her daughter, that you've read the Bible through several times, and many verses come to mind when needed.

In some circles, believing or not believing OSAS has become a theological litmus test. You're either with us or against us. For those who hold it, the question about themselves and other believers is always, "are they really saved". Any doubts, questions, problems, get referenced back to whether the initial conversion was "real" or "fake". The net result is constantly questioning the authenticity of one's salvation. For those who don't hold OSAS, the question about themselves and other believers is "have I remained steadfast or have I fallen away?" Any doubts, questions, problems, get referenced to whether or not one has fallen away. The net result is worrying about having committed one too many sins. In both cases, young believers are left struggling with fear. Whether it be, "I'm not sure I'm really saved" or "I'm not sure I've fallen away", the net result is the same: walking in fear of God's wrath rather than in confidence and trust and peace.

In my opinion, spiritual growth and maturity and a deepening walk with God over weeks, months, years, and decades brings about peace and confidence. As we see His hand consistently in our lives and others, as we become more Christ-like (which is a process), as scripture becomes familiar to us, as we spend time with others in the body of Christ, we come to know God more and more. We grow comfortable in His hand and have a much deeper trust and confidence that comes from years of being with Him.

Jesus called His disciples to spread the "good news" and be witnesses. To a large extent, this was about telling people the good news that Christ rose from the dead and has made a way to be right with God AND telling people about all the things that they had seen God do. Instead of being a personal thing whereby we naturally tell people about what exciting things God has done for us, it has become a legalistic recipe of do these certain things or you are not really doing it correctly. Standing on the street corner preaching, knocking on doors, or handing everyone you see a tract are some means of evangelism. But there are others. Being a good neighbor, being honest in your dealings, being a kind person of good characters, living an upstanding life are also means of showing this. The only thing I think we are all directly called to is being a Christlike presence in the world and as opportunities to pray with people or to briefly mention things God has done for us. It's not about forcing confrontation, it's about presenting God's message of Good News at a time when a person most needs it. Some people have made "evangelism" to be a special confrontational activity rather than a peaceful, healing, natural outgrowth of our everyday life.

God's grace has been working in our life always. "Faith" has become a word with a lot of religious and spiritual and emotional connotations. I think that the words "trust" and "confidence" convey the biblical term faith more accurately. Do you trust Jesus that He has made a way for you to be right with God? Do you have ongoing confidence that He is with you? It is not about trying to stir up emotions and dedication and passion and good works. It is about do you actually trust and have confidence in what Christ has done and what God is doing. As the Holy Spirit works in our lives, we will be changed. "Works" is not about doing particular actions, it is about being changed from within so that fruits such as love, joy, peace, kindness, gentleness, meekness, patience, self-control naturally flow out from us.

This post ended up as a short book. But the main gist of it is, the very things you mentioned in the OP were once deep concerns and fears I had. Somewhere along the line, they simply disappeared because years of walking with God has left me with a deep trust and confidence in the work of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit in my life. I now see things that are a natural part of my life that used to be great struggles for me. Hang in there, He has who started a work in you will be faithful to finish it. :)

Upvote 0

Gabe7587

Christ7Gaberman
Dec 17, 2016
Palmetto, FL
Visit site
✟24,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Here is what a great Christian man said at my church over text. I'm not sure about sin being all on the same level. But there is truth.

I am a firm believer in "Once saved, always saved." If a person, at one point in their life, admitted that they were a sinner, truly repented of their sin, believed in their heart that Jesus was the Son of God and that God raised Him from the dead - then they are saved. Forever.

Obviously, it's up to that person, from then on, to follow Jesus and live their life according to God's word.

Discipleship is a choice. Lying is a choice. Worship is a choice. Hatred is a choice. Doing the right thing or the wrong thing is a choice.

There is no sin greater than another. As humans we tend to categorize sins and place them at different levels. God looks at the many different sins as equal to each other. For example, Stealing is just as bad as murder. To God sin is disobedience. That's it. Plain and simple. Cheating = disobedience. Greed = disobedience. Stealing = disobedience.

Some say that people lose their salvation when they walk away from God. I say to that: if all sin is the same in God's eyes, then the little white lie that someone told is grounds for loosing your salvation. Or the lustful thought that someone dwelled on far too long is now cause for loosing salvation. This way of thinking is false. If it were true, we would be loosing our salvation 157+ times per day and asking Jesus back into our heart just as many times.

"For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit". 1 Peter 3:18.
Jesus suffered ONCE. His death burial and resurrection was enough - one time, to save the sins of the world. We don't need to keep putting him back on a cross to re-save us every time we mess up. Whether it's little mess ups or big mess ups.

Seeing someone, who once had a strong faith in God, walk away from God, is hard. I know someone who has and it's sad. But their salvation is locked in. If it wasn't, then what Jesus did for us can't be trusted.

If salvation can be lost, then how valuable was it in the first place. Again, wrong way of thinking. Jesus took our place on the cross, we deserve death, but His grace and mercy toward us is constant, never ending, eternal, faithful and true. His love and salvation will always be there for us. Jesus said that he will never leave us or forsake us. If we can lose our salvation, then that makes Jesus out to be a lier and a fraud. Salvation is not a deal between us a God. It's an unconditional love gift from God to us. Once we accept it, God's promise is good for eternity. God doesn't do give backs. He doesn't ever go back on His promises. He's the same yesterday, today and forever.

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Gabe7587 said:
If salvation can be lost, then how valuable was it in the first place.

If it's valuable to you, you will do everything to hang onto it. If it''s not very valuable to you and you don't hold onto it, you will lose it.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
OK I'm Baptist, and I'm very confused on the question of salvation. Here are my questions:

I pose these questions due to a video I saw online. Supposedly a Korean Artist had a tour of hell with Jesus, and during the tour, she said that Christians who don't share the Gospel, or don't find sharing the Gospel as important will go to hell. Is this true?

I'm sort've scared of hell right now, since I struggle with evangelism. I know I should share the Gospel, but I just have such a hard time with it.

1) Saints can loose their salvation brother. "It is impossible for those who were once enlightened (and once shared in the Holy Spirit) to be brought back to repentance if they fall away." (Hebrew 6:4). Some say that such people (like Saul or Judas Iscariot) were never truly saved to begin with. I don't know about that.

2) As Christians we are charged by the great commission (Mark 16:15-16) to preach the gospel. I don't know about going to hell if one doesn't spread the gospel, but it would be disobedience to the Lord's command. Besides, why would anyone not want to preach the gospel? It's a fire in us, and woe be unto us if we don't preach (1 Corinthians 9:16). Some may avoid preaching due to fear of persecution. But that's still disobedience. If we're ashamed of him in this life, He'll be shamed of us (Luke 9:26).

3) Salvation and justification is by faith alone (Romans 1:17). This is what separates us protestants and evangelicals from the Catholic dogma. However, after being saved we prove our faith through deeds (James 2:14-26). These deeds don't save us but are a manifestation of our faith expressing itself in love (Galatians 5:6).

I hope that helps. Peace in Christ.
Yagna Mukkamala.

Upvote 0

Kurtben

May 6, 2017
New Mexico
✟7,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was born and raised a Baptist and became a Baptist Sunday school teacher when God came to me and showed me I was on the wrong path. I was trusting in my OSAS idea while sin remained in my life. I was trusting in my works. Those works included going forward at summer camp as a child and accepting Jesus as my savior. Men are not saved by their works, no matter how good they are. At this time, however, Christ came into me. It was then I saw what faith is. It was God's faith and not my own. He came into me and changed my life from works to Him. I always followed His will after that, because He was in my heart doing it. "Christ in you, the hope of glory." So my faith was now His faith and not of myself. His Spirit in me did the works that God required, and yes, immediately, and ever since, I shared this gospel. It came with the Spirit. Nothing else is good enough. Nothing else saves us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Gabe7587 said:
If salvation can be lost, then how valuable was it in the first place.

If it's valuable to you, you will do everything to hang onto it. If it''s not very valuable to you and you don't hold onto it, you will lose it.
Of course it's Christ that does the saving and keeping. :)

Hebrews 7.25; Jude v.v.24-25

Upvote 0

Soulfly.01

A follower of Christ.
Oct 3, 2009
✟11,645.00
Country
Estonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

1. Absolutely not biblical nor logical at all. As with many topics, Christians have different opinions on this. I may explain my stance if necessary.

2. No.

3. Yes, only faith. Works are necessary, but they will not earn us salvation.

About the video you saw. We must evaluate the truthfulness of every story we hear. This one seems to be completely false. Who is she? Why should we trust her story? Christians going to hell for not spreading the gospel? She's saying pretty sick things.

I recommend checking out Howard Storm's near-death experience.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gabe...its what He said in His word that matters. its wise to ask but remember all you get is what EACH of us personally believe.

So lets brake some of what you said down. FEAR.. do you have fear? I am guessing you do for you said you are lol. So its written GOD has NOT given us the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. So.. if you have ANY FEAR thats ONE sign one clue those thoughts are NOT from God and you should NOT listen to them. Go search on what the word bible says about "fruits of the spirit are". Thats how HE works as it is written.

There is nothing in the bible about once saved always saved nor if you sin you can lose your salvation. You read John 3:16..you read Rom 10:9-10 and then just believe. Then if we love Him we obey Him.. as in keep His words. If you goof up miss it you confess it and HE is faithful to forgive you and then to cleans you from ALL unrighteousness. You do this by FAITH. Not how you feel.

Now to "witness".. or not.. ok? Thats it. Well Jesus did say you dont put a candle hide it under a bed you let it shine. So to witness you just share what HE did does for you in your life. THAT is what they see.

See just read all the posts.. which one is right? Not one not me. See only HE is right. Its HIS word not mine not anyones. Jesus is SO REAL that YOU can read His word and HE will show you tell you what HE really means. As you know we can both read the SAME verse and NOT see the same thing. Sorry WHICH one of us would be right?

So if HE said.. YOU are saved by faith/grace not of your self least any of us should boast. If I do it..then I get the glory..but its written NO FLESH will ever glory in HIS sight. So.. faith.. just take HIM at His word..

Like Chan once said.. picture your on an island alone. You see this book "bible" you never heard of it.. so pick it up now read it. And be like a child. Simply believe that Jesus is so real and ask Him to open your eyes..dont go by how you FEEL.. just believe if HE said it..HE will do it..

For me.. Jesus said.. you being evil know how to give good gifts to your children how much more will your Heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask. So for ME I just did what HE said.. I asked the Father for the Holy Spirit and then.. didnt care what I saw thought feel.. He said it.. The Father gave. As the 120 were waiting and all got.

See your not believing us.. but HIM.. HE IS REAL! Its like Jesus saying "my sheep know my voice". Now.. you dont say.. I dont hear from God. This is impossible. Well Jesus cant lie.. so if we are HIS then we hear Him period. Whey? He said so. When He talks.. you know.. dont ever have to guess wonder.. for HE said.. my sheep KNOW my voice. That means if its HIM you know.

Now OT..He said the JOY of the lord is my strength. Again.. this is not based on how EACH one of us feel. He said it.. its DONE! His JOY IS not maybe not ...waaa I dont feel happy.. IT IS your strength. FEAR..you are in fear.. you speak what HE said.. NO! God has not given me the spirit of fear.. but your body says..HELLO? A your really scared! NO.. God has not given me the spirit of fear.. resist the devil and he has no choice.. he has to RUN!..

Do you see? Is not what we think.. we can help. But in the end.. YOU have to take HIM not me not what I say. I am just human and I can get it wrong. If I do.. I will repent and get it right..but HE ..read what HE said and HE IS IN YOU! HE IS REAL

• Winner
Reactions: Gabe7587
Upvote 0

Gabe7587

Christ7Gaberman
Dec 17, 2016
Palmetto, FL
Visit site
✟24,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Gabe...its what He said in His word that matters. its wise to ask but remember all you get is what EACH of us personally believe.

So lets brake some of what you said down. FEAR.. do you have fear? I am guessing you do for you said you are lol. So its written GOD has NOT given us the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. So.. if you have ANY FEAR thats ONE sign one clue those thoughts are NOT from God and you should NOT listen to them. Go search on what the word bible says about "fruits of the spirit are". Thats how HE works as it is written.

There is nothing in the bible about once saved always saved nor if you sin you can lose your salvation. You read John 3:16..you read Rom 10:9-10 and then just believe. Then if we love Him we obey Him.. as in keep His words. If you goof up miss it you confess it and HE is faithful to forgive you and then to cleans you from ALL unrighteousness. You do this by FAITH. Not how you feel.

Now to "witness".. or not.. ok? Thats it. Well Jesus did say you dont put a candle hide it under a bed you let it shine. So to witness you just share what HE did does for you in your life. THAT is what they see.

See just read all the posts.. which one is right? Not one not me. See only HE is right. Its HIS word not mine not anyones. Jesus is SO REAL that YOU can read His word and HE will show you tell you what HE really means. As you know we can both read the SAME verse and NOT see the same thing. Sorry WHICH one of us would be right?

So if HE said.. YOU are saved by faith/grace not of your self least any of us should boast. If I do it..then I get the glory..but its written NO FLESH will ever glory in HIS sight. So.. faith.. just take HIM at His word..

Like Chan once said.. picture your on an island alone. You see this book "bible" you never heard of it.. so pick it up now read it. And be like a child. Simply believe that Jesus is so real and ask Him to open your eyes..dont go by how you FEEL.. just believe if HE said it..HE will do it..

For me.. Jesus said.. you being evil know how to give good gifts to your children how much more will your Heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask. So for ME I just did what HE said.. I asked the Father for the Holy Spirit and then.. didnt care what I saw thought feel.. He said it.. The Father gave. As the 120 were waiting and all got.

See your not believing us.. but HIM.. HE IS REAL! Its like Jesus saying "my sheep know my voice". Now.. you dont say.. I dont hear from God. This is impossible. Well Jesus cant lie.. so if we are HIS then we hear Him period. Whey? He said so. When He talks.. you know.. dont ever have to guess wonder.. for HE said.. my sheep KNOW my voice. That means if its HIM you know.

Now OT..He said the JOY of the lord is my strength. Again.. this is not based on how EACH one of us feel. He said it.. its DONE! His JOY IS not maybe not ...waaa I dont feel happy.. IT IS your strength. FEAR..you are in fear.. you speak what HE said.. NO! God has not given me the spirit of fear.. but your body says..HELLO? A your really scared! NO.. God has not given me the spirit of fear.. resist the devil and he has no choice.. he has to RUN!..

Do you see? Is not what we think.. we can help. But in the end.. YOU have to take HIM not me not what I say. I am just human and I can get it wrong. If I do.. I will repent and get it right..but HE ..read what HE said and HE IS IN YOU! HE IS REAL

Thank you very much. We may believe different things about Christianity, but we both follow Jesus Christ. :)

Upvote 0

Robert Richborough

May 5, 2017
Manchester
✟47,835.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From what I understand, We are saved but we must have an honest relationship with Jesus, many will claim to see Jesus as lord, but they may not actually have them in their heart, theres a good video somewhere called not a fan but a follower. From this video it explained that when you put your faith in Jesus and desire to grow closer to God, you will be given grace and the works will be coming with it.

You don't have to spread the gospel to do works for God, not everyone is called to be a preacher, some are called to be doctors or authors, or fathers or mothers, try and ask God what his plan for you us, pray alot and things, but obviously take what I say with a pinch of salt, while I'm reading a lot of the bible and thinking very carefully of this, I am a recently new christian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Salvation is by even the faintest flicker of faith and the responsibility that comes with it.

Hell is a childish fictional concept invented by preachers who had no truth to teach.

Jesus doesn't take people on tours of a hell place as if its a theme park! That sounds like an drug induced psychosis.
So when Jesus spoke about hell, was He then a preacher who had no truth to teach?

And how do you know that those who experienced a taste of hell and came back to become converted to Christ were actually experiencing a drug induced psychosis? Are you saying that these people are liars? And can you provide medical proof that any of these people were influenced by drugs when they had that experience?

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
So when Jesus spoke about hell, was He then a preacher who had no truth to teach?

And how do you know that those who experienced a taste of hell and came back to become converted to Christ were actually experiencing a drug induced psychosis? Are you saying that these people are liars? And can you provide medical proof that any of these people were influenced by drugs when they had that experience?
Common sense. I think Jesus was missremebered using that term. God is a mature, Loving Father, not a sadistic monster eager to torture his children for an eternity.

• Agree
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here is what a great Christian man said at my church over text. I'm not sure about sin being all on the same level. But there is truth.

I am a firm believer in "Once saved, always saved." If a person, at one point in their life, admitted that they were a sinner, truly repented of their sin, believed in their heart that Jesus was the Son of God and that God raised Him from the dead - then they are saved. Forever.

Obviously, it's up to that person, from then on, to follow Jesus and live their life according to God's word.

Discipleship is a choice. Lying is a choice. Worship is a choice. Hatred is a choice. Doing the right thing or the wrong thing is a choice.

There is no sin greater than another. As humans we tend to categorize sins and place them at different levels. God looks at the many different sins as equal to each other. For example, Stealing is just as bad as murder. To God sin is disobedience. That's it. Plain and simple. Cheating = disobedience. Greed = disobedience. Stealing = disobedience.

Some say that people lose their salvation when they walk away from God. I say to that: if all sin is the same in God's eyes, then the little white lie that someone told is grounds for loosing your salvation. Or the lustful thought that someone dwelled on far too long is now cause for loosing salvation. This way of thinking is false. If it were true, we would be loosing our salvation 157+ times per day and asking Jesus back into our heart just as many times.

"For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit". 1 Peter 3:18.
Jesus suffered ONCE. His death burial and resurrection was enough - one time, to save the sins of the world. We don't need to keep putting him back on a cross to re-save us every time we mess up. Whether it's little mess ups or big mess ups.

Seeing someone, who once had a strong faith in God, walk away from God, is hard. I know someone who has and it's sad. But their salvation is locked in. If it wasn't, then what Jesus did for us can't be trusted.

If salvation can be lost, then how valuable was it in the first place. Again, wrong way of thinking. Jesus took our place on the cross, we deserve death, but His grace and mercy toward us is constant, never ending, eternal, faithful and true. His love and salvation will always be there for us. Jesus said that he will never leave us or forsake us. If we can lose our salvation, then that makes Jesus out to be a lier and a fraud. Salvation is not a deal between us a God. It's an unconditional love gift from God to us. Once we accept it, God's promise is good for eternity. God doesn't do give backs. He doesn't ever go back on His promises. He's the same yesterday, today and forever.
Gabe, I wish I could draw a stick of dynamite exploding with the word H A L L E L U J A H !!! embraced in its midst. From a Baptist with doubts and fears, you have been eternally embraced by our God and Savior, Jesus Christ. I hear an Angelic Choir singing "All hail the power of Jesus Name!" GLORY!!!

Reactions: Gabe7587
Upvote 0

AFrazier

Site Supporter
Apr 1, 2016
Mauldin, South Carolina
✟160,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Not everyone is called to be an evangelist. Some are teachers, pastors, apostles, evangelists, etc. We all have our particular place in the body.

I'm not much of an evangelist either. I'm not shy. I'm not ashamed. But it's not where my strengths are. I'm a teacher. I am good with words on paper.

The OSAS issue is a complicated one. Frankly, it's an issue you should not be concerning yourself with at this point. I'll simply say this ... you are not going to hell if you are a believer. You aren't going to hell if you cuss right before you have a car accident. You aren't going to hell if you get a little excited at the sight of a girl in a bikini and then step out in front of a bus. Et cetera.

I don't take your question lightly. I once asked those same questions. They are frightening concepts. But take my word for it, you're not in any immediate spiritual danger if you're a believer. If you contact me privately, I have a short book I can share with you that might help clear some of this stuff up.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From what I understand, We are saved but we must have an honest relationship with Jesus, many will claim to see Jesus as lord, but they may not actually have them in their heart, theres a good video somewhere called not a fan but a follower. From this video it explained that when you put your faith in Jesus and desire to grow closer to God, you will be given grace and the works will be coming with it.

You don't have to spread the gospel to do works for God, not everyone is called to be a preacher, some are called to be doctors or authors, or fathers or mothers, try and ask God what his plan for you us, pray alot and things, but obviously take what I say with a pinch of salt, while I'm reading a lot of the bible and thinking very carefully of this, I am a recently new christian.
Welcome! Daily Bible readings: John 14:6, John 3:16-17, John 5:24, Ephesians 2:8-9, then Romans 10:8-13!!

Upvote 0