Is it better to never have been born then to live with the possibility of going to hell?

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,210,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes, God creates people who he knows, even at the point of birth, will reject him. But would it be just of him to say, "I will only let live people who are going to believe in me"? If it were possible for an unfertilised egg to say to God, "why did I have no chance of life?" and God were to say, "because I knew that the person you became wouldn't have believed in me, so it was better to deny you a chance at all,", how would that be either just or loving?
If that were the case, why couldn't he have created Adam without the ability to choose, and therefore sin by making the wrong choice?
Theoretically there could be billions of souls who already never get a chance of life because they never get around to being created. But I wouldn't say that God was being unjust because He didn't create those theoretical beings.

However, if annihilation or ECT was going be their end if He were to create them, then yes, I think His having created them would be unjust—far more unjust than simply not creating them at all. In fact, it would be more loving and humane for Him to refrain from creating them, for their own protection.

It wouldn't be heaven for them.
Exactly. Heaven would serve a dual purpose—being heaven for those who love God and hell for those who don't, making a separate hell unnecessary.

Not geographically; sin separates us from God spiritually.
I'm not sure even that is possible. One can certainly feel separated from God, but in actuality they're not, whether it be spiritual, physical, or geographical.

Reactions: Dreger
Upvote 0

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Thanks for the response. One thing I want to point out is that I was not condemning David, the point of mentioning David (as I went on to say) was to point out we cannot help where we're born, to whom, and in what time period. We could be born Gerushite (those David killed) or in modern times with little to no major worries.

If we're born to Christians that's a huge advantage as opposed to Eskimo's or Hindu's. We don't know how long we're going to live or have no control of what talents we're going to have.

With that in mind and knowing that not even Christians can agree on what path to take to salvation, would you rather have never lived then live with the risk of going to hell? Hell is forever. Most people are going to Hell after all the path is "narrow" and "few find it." Isn't life a HUGE risk.

If I have never lived can I rather to be alive?

All of the followers of Christ agree on the path to eternal life.

Reactions: Dreger
Upvote 0