Is It Wrong To Listen To This Soundtrack?

Andrei ✝

Sep 8, 2017
Brașov
Visit site
✟12,950.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hello,

I'd like to know if it's wrong to listen to this soundtrack:

I stay very far away from the music of other religions (this sounds like one), but I also think this sounds like a track created to fit with the theme of a game.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Andrei ✝

Sep 8, 2017
Brașov
Visit site
✟12,950.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to CF, Andrei ✝.
Maybe my sounds settings are off, but I can't here anything when playing the video.

Welcome to CF, Andrei ✝.
Maybe my sounds settings are off, but I can't here anything when playing the video.

Thank you very much for the welcome and I appreciate you wanting to help me. I'm sorry if you couldn't hear that well, I have uploaded another video with a higher volume (I suggest turning your volume to the max) -

Welcome to Christian Forums.

It sounds rather like some industrial noises and some murmuring or chanting although I couldn't make out any words. Is this from a video game?
Thank you for welcome. I couldn't make out words either, so I think it doesn't have any. It's the murmuring/chanting that seems weird and the industrial noises you were talking about sound like bells to me. It's from the loading screen of a video game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Music is amoral. There is nothing inherently good or bad about the sounds that are made from strings being strummed, or drums being banged, or the air blowing through holes.

This whole idea of tagging music as "Christian" or "Non-Christian" only leads to legalism and confusion.

For instance, God made the world around us, and He said His creation was good. If I wrote a song about my backyard and the beautiful flowers and creek that runs through it, would that be a "Christian" song? What if the song never mentioned God?

Also, consider that the very first institution that God created was marriage, even before the law. We are created as relational beings, and relationships are beautiful and good. Have you read Song of Solomon? What if I wrote a song about my wife - about how beautiful she is, about how lovely our relationship is, and about how I will love her all my life. Is that a "Christian" song?

Consider the Christian artist who covers a "non-Christian" love song, but instead the Christian artist sings the love song to God. Does it suddenly become a Christian song?

What of the music of Bach, who signed all his work Soli Deo Gloria (Glory to God), yet his music didn't even contain lyrics! Was that "Christian" music?

Bottom line, there's nothing wrong with listening to that soundtrack.

Reactions: Andrei ✝
Upvote 0