Faithfulandtrue

Follow of Jesus Christ
Jun 24, 2014
✟40,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm 24 years old and about two years ago I suddenly had an interest in horse figurines. I loved horses all my life but my parents could never afford lessons as a kid. Growing up I actually never heard of Breyer horses till two years ago and I wanted to start collecting them. I'm just afraid to tell people about my interest in horses and horse figurines because I've always been seen as being "babyish" for liking things like that. Obviously I don't play with them, just like the way they look displayed on a shelf. Is it normal for adults to collect horse figurines?

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why shouldn't you collect them?
My daughter collects salt and pepper sets because she likes them.
So long as you don't become a mad model horse collector, spending all your spare cash on them and filling every square inch of your home with boxes of them, enjoy collecting them.

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't think it's "babyish" at all. Everyone has their own interests and things they enjoy. I've heard of people older than you who collect figurines and even stuffed animals and toys, and I don't think they are babyish. I also think that horse figurines are a very nice thing to collect, I like them too!
I'm 21 and I still collect certain plush toys and figures and still have many of my old ones from childhood. Even my older brother and my parents like some of these things even if they don't collect them so much. So I say don't worry about what anyone else thinks, just enjoy collecting them. :)

Reactions: pakicetus
Upvote 0

Babe Ruth

Nov 10, 2017
Southeastern USA
✟55,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Is it normal for adults to collect horse figurines?

Faithful,
I think it's completely normal for adults to collect things they desired as kids, or that remind them of their childhood.
If it brings you pleasure, and isn't harming anyone, why not (?) I've been collecting sports figures (off & on) for over 25 years. Peace

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm 24 years old and about two years ago I suddenly had an interest in horse figurines. I loved horses all my life but my parents could never afford lessons as a kid. Growing up I actually never heard of Breyer horses till two years ago and I wanted to start collecting them. I'm just afraid to tell people about my interest in horses and horse figurines because I've always been seen as being "babyish" for liking things like that. Obviously I don't play with them, just like the way they look displayed on a shelf. Is it normal for adults to collect horse figurines?

Nooooooooo! Enjoy your interests and hobbies. Some peoples collects full-size cars, i mean lots of them. Some collect books, figurines, dolls, teddy bears, special plates, tea pots, charming little miniature lamps in the shapes of light houses, etc.

Where do you display them?

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Actually, I think it's more of a sign of being a younger person to worry more about whether or not one appears to be adultish/babyish Once you get a lot older, you stop worrying so much about it and just enjoy the things you enjoy. :)

I have a friend who is a senior citizen who has many of those horse figurines on display in her house. In fact, she finally recently realized a lifetime dream and now has a large pasture, a real barn, and real horses.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No it's not 'babyish'. One of my daughters still displays her favorite Breyer horse, Kelso, in her home office.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

pakicetus

Apr 11, 2015
✟89,017.00
Country
Faroe Islands
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
You have nothing to worry about. Judging by the responses you've gotten, and also the number of people who collect all kinds of things, there's nothing babyish or abnormal about collecting horse figurines. But also, you should stop worrying about being normal. It would be a waste to throw away anything that brings joy to your life just to pretend you're the same as the cynical people who need you to conformwhen every good person is abnormal, and every interesting person too. If it makes you happy, that ought to be enough.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not at'all babyish.

And I didn't know one needed lessons to ride a horse. :) Maybe we should not listen to others so much, apply a little common sense in the case of collecting as well as riding.

It would do my heart good to see you get that horse, do some research and just ride it, and if you fall off, you know how the saying goes..

And that, my dear, is how you ride a horse or do anything in this life they say you should not or can't do. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Why shouldn't you collect them?
My daughter collects salt and pepper sets because she likes them.
So long as you don't become a mad model horse collector, spending all your spare cash on them and filling every square inch of your home with boxes of them, enjoy collecting them.
:help:

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think that's actually rather endearing, and sweet. I have a thing for those wee, tiny, plastic / rubber farm animals. Like this one:

20140619163312-736463_smed.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've always been seen as being "babyish" for liking things like that. Obviously I don't play with them, just like the way they look displayed on a shelf. Is it normal for adults to collect horse figurines?

Sure - why not?

Many adults collect similar small "toys" (race cars, elves, etc.)
Nothing wrong with that.

If anyone's interested, Toys-R-Us has good animal figurines, some of them anatomically correct...

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I've actually lost count.

That's AWESOME!!!!

i have 6 bears and other li'l stuffies and dolls: Jazzy Jessie and her li'l brother and sister who are twins, and even a li'l tigger.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm 24 years old and about two years ago I suddenly had an interest in horse figurines.

Not babyish at all.

Obviously, you should practice moderation in terms of spending on such things.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0