Is it allowed in Christianity for a women to marry a man who sells his body?

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
for a living..
considering he is a good person who just has a..different job..

Stop right there. You cannot have it both ways when describing him.

Plus, i want to know is it allowed to marry an Atheist?
i have looked for these question but my mind is..muddled.
It could be dangerous and it does put us in mind of the Biblical admonition to not be yoked unequally together with non-believers, BUT I don't think that the spouse being an atheist in itself qualifies as being yoked unequally.

• Agree
Reactions: ForsakenGirl
Upvote 0

Aleksandros

May 17, 2017
Bangalore
✟28,296.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry if I came off too strongly on my post; I had thought this was a hypothetical situation, and not a reality.

In a real life situation, it's difficult to see past the hopeful thinking, and the inability to pull back. It's generally easier to gamble and risk a disaster, than pull back - regardless of whether it is good judgment that requires it, or God's principles. It would also be harsh to speak ill of a prostitute whom I legitimately do not know.

I know from experience what a difficult thing it is to pull back. I just got out of a romantic mess myself, more or less.
It's one or Satan's best tactics.

I am not sure if you have a personal relationship with God yet, but remember that when one speaks of this being a sin or that - it sounds like a set of rules, like, "Oh, that's bad" - but try to see past that and focus on that though God may feel far away - as though "He is in heaven and you on earth", the moral laws and commandments He has given are His own, and are legitimately good, and that following them brings tangible, real blessings, and grace. :)

Reactions: ForsakenGirl
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The Bible says no (2 Corinthians 6:14-15).

Befriend non-Christians, yes. Talk to them about Jesus, yes. Marry them, no.

for a living..

The Bible says no to this too (1 Corinthians 6:15). And, quite frankly, even from a purely secular perspective, this is not something that is likely to work out well.

I would strongly encourage you to talk to your pastor (if you have one) or to a counsellor.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
for a living..
Marrying someone who is currently a prostitute is a terrible idea. He will literally cheat on you as part of his job. You also open yourself up to all kinds of diseases that he can bring home. And what about kids? What does that teach them? And when they go to school and get to know other kids and make friends, what are they going to say that their daddy does? The teacher may even call Child Protective Services on you.
Marrying any unbeliever is a bad idea for the Christian. 1 Corinthians 7:39 tells us this outright, but 1 Corinthians 7:32-34 describes why.

I want you to be free from anxieties. The unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to please the Lord. But the married man is anxious about worldly things, how to please his wife, and his interests are divided. And the unmarried or betrothed woman is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to be holy in body and spirit. But the married woman is anxious about worldly things, how to please her husband.​

If a Christian marries another Christian who wants to please the Lord, then they at least have some congruence with pleasing their spouse and pleasing the Lord, because both of them will have the Holy Spirit.
shouldn't i be friends with such people, to show the truth about God and religion?
by not befriending them, wouldn't i be simply judging them for their sin? it would only make such a person hate God. i know how it feels to be judged by others, if i hadn't met good Christian people, i would have hated God for my whole life.
As to outreach, yes Christians can be friends with unbelievers to bring them to the Lord. Jesus was a friend to many sinners. But he didn't "flirt to convert." A line has to be drawn with those interactions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ForsakenGirl

Jun 29, 2017
New york
✟15,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Marrying someone who is currently a prostitute is a terrible idea. He will literally cheat on you as part of his job. You also open yourself up to all kinds of diseases that he can bring home. And what about kids? What does that teach them? And when they go to school and get to know other kids and make friends, what are they going to say that their daddy does? The teacher may even call Child Protective Services on you.

Marrying any unbeliever is a bad idea for the Christian. 1 Corinthians 7:39 tells us this outright, but 1 Corinthians 7:32-34 describes why.

I want you to be free from anxieties. The unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to please the Lord. But the married man is anxious about worldly things, how to please his wife, and his interests are divided. And the unmarried or betrothed woman is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to be holy in body and spirit. But the married woman is anxious about worldly things, how to please her husband.​

If a Christian marries another Christian who wants to please the Lord, then they at least have some congruence with pleasing their spouse and pleasing the Lord, because both of them will have the Holy Spirit.

As to outreach, yes Christians can be friends with unbelievers to bring them to the Lord. Jesus was a friend to many sinners. But he didn't "flirt to convert." A line has to be drawn with those interactions.

im ashamed of my sins both those committed in the past and in the present. i would not want to be even associated with such a man and yet i guess love makes you blind. im afraid i cant stop committing sins. i guess i will just pay for my sins.
thank you for trying to show me the right path but im too far gone

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
im ashamed of my sins both those committed in the past and in the present. i would not want to be even associated with such a man and yet i guess love makes you blind. im afraid i cant stop committing sins. i guess i will just pay for my sins.
thank you for trying to show me the right path but im too far gone
None of what I shared or what I have seen people share insinuates that it is too late for you or for anybody else.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
for a living..

The truth is not one which promises people a list of rules of "do this" and "do not do that". But, rather, a living entryway into Heaven, and into companionship with God.

Ultimately, all such matters end up facing the statement Jesus made about marriage and the Age to Come, where Jesus pointed out such folks so stuck on such arrangements, "do not know the power of God".

And, Jesus continued, "but we will be as angels".

Which does seem to imply the only person we will be married to is God.

This said, I am happily married. I view her as the perfect companion.

As for being stuck on marrying someone who is selling his body for sex (probably to men), and that this is your final focus of love forever....

No.

Basically, lol.

But, is this a matter of "God hates this" or "God hates that"? More a matter quite simply of, "this is a mirage you are walking towards".

Even if he were selling his body to women....

So, to me, it sounds like you really have no options, and are nearly "on the street".

Could be wrong. No psychic powers on such matters.

Upvote 0