Is it allowed in Christianity for a women to marry a man who sells his body?

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
for a living..
considering he is a good person who just has a..different job..
Plus, i want to know is it allowed to marry an Atheist?
i have looked for these question but my mind is..muddled.
I highly recommend that neither is done and is not ok :)

0b7013a964298e2fad169c4081325839.jpg

Upvote 0

Aleksandros

May 17, 2017
Bangalore
✟28,296.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nay, and absolutely nay!

The spiritual implications of sex are massive - to say the least. A man who sells his body, in the Bible, is called nothing good - it's the same for a woman. Remember that the natural mind defines, "Good", differently than God does - to us, a good person has to be kind, moral, likeable, and so on.

Whereas God's goodness is holiness - His standards are different, and spiritual in nature.

As for marrying an atheist - it's a general rule of serious Christianity not to do it. It would also be the right choice 90% of the times, even if God hadn't commanded we marry only believers - which He has indeed commanded.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
for a living..

Both would be sin, and an affront to the living God you are referring to.

Praying that the living God heals you every place that you hurt so much so, that your user name no longer applies.

Welcome to CF, ForsakenGirl.

• Friendly
Reactions: ForsakenGirl
Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Marrying an unbeliever is always a gamble. I know the typical argument is, but I can win them over, which can be true, but more often than not it is the unbeliever that causes the believer to stumble. For instance, in high school we had this one girl who was just amazing and loved Jesus intently, from all appearance. She started dating a guy with this idea that she could win him over. Wasn't long before she was pregnant and stopped attending church altogether.

Then with the prostitution aspect you adding an entirely new dimension to this. Will you be okay knowing this guy is having sex with other women, women who may well have STD's, or other "things".

This whole situation is against you, I would say no. No reason you can't be friends with such a person, but if your feelings are that strong then it is probably best to divorce yourself from it altogether and just pray for them.

Upvote 0

ForsakenGirl

Jun 29, 2017
New york
✟15,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Nay, and absolutely nay!

The spiritual implications of sex are massive - to say the least. A man who sells his body, in the Bible, is called nothing good - it's the same for a woman. Remember that the natural mind defines, "Good", differently than God does - to us, a good person has to be kind, moral, likeable, and so on.

Whereas God's goodness is holiness - His standards are different, and spiritual in nature.

As for marrying an atheist - it's a general rule of serious Christianity not to do it. It would also be the right choice 90% of the times, even if God hadn't commanded we marry only believers - which He has indeed commanded.
Both would be sin, and an affront to the living God you are referring to.

Praying that the living God heals you every place that you hurt so much so, that your user name no longer applies.

Welcome to CF, ForsakenGirl.

i truly hope to find God.
thanks for the friendly comment.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i truly hope to find God.
thanks for the friendly comment.

You are most welcome.

He WILL be found by any one who searches for Him with their whole heart.

I'm praying that is so for you, ForsakenGirl.

Upvote 0

ForsakenGirl

Jun 29, 2017
New york
✟15,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Marrying an unbeliever is always a gamble. I know the typical argument is, but I can win them over, which can be true, but more often than not it is the unbeliever that causes the believer to stumble. For instance, in high school we had this one girl who was just amazing and loved Jesus intently, from all appearance. She started dating a guy with this idea that she could win him over. Wasn't long before she was pregnant and stopped attending church altogether.

Then with the prostitution aspect you adding an entirely new dimension to this. Will you be okay knowing this guy is having sex with other women, women who may well have STD's, or other "things".

This whole situation is against you, I would say no. No reason you can't be friends with such a person, but if your feelings are that strong then it is probably best to divorce yourself from it altogether and just pray for them.

shouldn't i be friends with such people, to show the truth about God and religion?
by not befriending them, wouldn't i be simply judging them for their sin? it would only make such a person hate God. i know how it feels to be judged by others, if i hadn't met good Christian people, i would have hated God for my whole life.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
shouldn't i be friends with such people, to show the truth about God and religion?
by not befriending them, wouldn't i be simply judging them for their sin? it would only make such a person hate God. i know how it feels to be judged by others, if i hadn't met good Christian people, i would have hated God for my whole life.

I only state that (and I meant to put this in my last post) because if you have feelings strong enough for this individual that you are considering marriage, then being friends can always present the temptation to give in.

Some people are capable of loving someone intensely and yet remain strictly friends, and if you are one such person then God bless and I see no issue with such a thing.

But human emotions can be very powerful, especially in matters of love, and it is a great GREAT temptation to knowingly have feelings for someone and maintain a constant presence around them. Just a constant reminder of the feelings you have for them and it will constantly battle you.

I don't know your situation or even you enough to say, I was only suggesting what I thought to be the wisest course of action.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ForsakenGirl

Jun 29, 2017
New york
✟15,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I only state that (and I meant to put this in my last post) because if you have feelings strong enough for this individual that you are considering marriage, then being friends can always present the temptation to give in.

Some people are capable of loving someone intensely and yet remain strictly friends, and if you are one such person then God bless and I see no issue with such a thing.

But human emotions can be very powerful, especially in matters of love, and it is a great GREAT temptation to knowingly have feelings for someone and maintain a constant presence around them. Just a constant reminder of the feelings you have for them and it will constantly battle you.

I don't know your situation or even you enough to say, I was only suggesting what I thought to be the wisest course of action.

I understand what you are saying completely.
even during doubts, im not a person who can not believe in God, so to even think of marrying such a person is insane.

-sigh-

i guess i can confess i was looking to religion as the solution to my own problems as i always have. just a way, one reference to say that it is okay..

Thanks for the insight though.

God Bless

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
for a living..

Yikes! Anyone who sells their body for money is not a good person. Really, the truth is, no one is good compared to God. Not even Mother Theresa. We are all, next to God, quite ugly and gross. His purity and holiness is so far beyond ours that we all of us look really disgusting in comparison. But, look, any person who sells their body for money has some very serious corruption of their moral sense. God made sex to be a "bonding agent," a means of cementing husband and wife together. He did not intend that the bond sex forms should be broken again, and again, and again. Doing so totally ruins the purpose of sex and damages the person who is using sex this way.

If you love God and want to walk with Him, why would you marry someone who has denied Him and lives their life in rebellion toward Him? Is such a person going to encourage you toward God or away from Him? The answer seems pretty obvious to me...

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
for a living..
No - and No. Prostitution of either gender is prohibited, as is marrying an unbeliever.

2 Corinthians 6:14
Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

• Agree
Upvote 0

ForsakenGirl

Jun 29, 2017
New york
✟15,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yikes! Anyone who sells their body for money is not a good person. Really, the truth is, no one is good compared to God. Not even Mother Theresa. We are all, next to God, quite ugly and gross. His purity and holiness is so far beyond ours that we all of us look really disgusting in comparison. But, look, any person who sells their body for money has some very serious corruption of their moral sense. God made sex to be a "bonding agent," a means of cementing husband and wife together. He did not intend that the bond sex forms should be broken again, and again, and again. Doing so totally ruins the purpose of sex and damages the person who is using sex this way.

If you love God and want to walk with Him, why would you marry someone who has denied Him and lives their life in rebellion toward Him? Is such a person going to encourage you toward God or away from Him? The answer seems pretty obvious to me...

1. Jesus told u to never judge or other would also judge..

2. if i am good, an atheist might change his mind..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi FG,

Here's the rule and it's really very simple. A godly woman should seek to marry a godly man and a godly man a godly woman. Everyone else can marry whoever floats their boat.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

• Friendly
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
for a living..
Christians should not themselves be prostitutes, or in general have sex with multiple partners outside of marriage. However, you're asking about having a spouse who's a prostitute. I don't see this as a sin, if you're faithful in the marriage. Note that Jesus is recorded in the gospels as having been friends with "sinners" (which probably included prostitutes).

As a practical matter, be careful of STDs. If you have a partner who is a sex worker, he should be tested frequently for STDs.

As for marrying an atheist: In these days, when it is so hard to find a marriage partner who is a practicing Christian, many Christians do end up marrying non-religious people. I'd recommend having these conversations before marrying: Is the spouse going to support you in your faith? That is, will the spouse respect that being a Christian is a good thing to be and do? If you're going to get laughed at every time you go to church, that's going to be hard. If your spouse respects that your faith is a good thing in your life, even if the spouse doesn't share your beliefs, then you can probably work with that. Additionally: If you have children, is your spouse okay with the children going to Sunday School, being baptized, and so on? Work out all the interfaith details before you get into the marriage.

Blessings to you, ForsakenGirl. Being a Christian in this modern, secular age isn't easy.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
1. Jesus told u to never judge or other would also judge..

Oop. Hang on, here. I am to judge righteous judgment, Jesus said. I'm not, though, to be a hypocrite when I judge: Criticizing in others the things of which I am guilty. But I am to judge. I must. You must, too. How can you call anything evil if you don't first judge it to be so? How can you declare a thing good if you haven't judged that it is? Being discerning, and moral, and thoughtful requires judgment.

2. if i am good, an atheist might change his mind..

Being good is certainly really important. God commands us to be good, and so we should be. But no one comes to faith in Christ unless God has drawn them to him and given them the capacity to understand and believe the Gospel. God can do this whether or not we are good, however.

Upvote 0

ForsakenGirl

Jun 29, 2017
New york
✟15,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Christians should not themselves be prostitutes, or in general have sex with multiple partners outside of marriage. However, you're asking about having a spouse who's a prostitute. I don't see this as a sin, if you're faithful in the marriage. Note that Jesus is recorded in the gospels as having been friends with "sinners" (which probably included prostitutes).

As a practical matter, be careful of STDs. If you have a partner who is a sex worker, he should be tested frequently for STDs.

As for marrying an atheist: In these days, when it is so hard to find a marriage partner who is a practicing Christian, many Christians do end up marrying non-religious people. I'd recommend having these conversations before marrying: Is the spouse going to support you in your faith? That is, will the spouse respect that being a Christian is a good thing to be and do? If you're going to get laughed at every time you go to church, that's going to be hard. If your spouse respects that your faith is a good thing in your life, even if the spouse doesn't share your beliefs, then you can probably work with that. Additionally: If you have children, is your spouse okay with the children going to Sunday School, being baptized, and so on? Work out all the interfaith details before you get into the marriage.

Blessings to you, ForsakenGirl. Being a Christian in this modern, secular age isn't easy.

Thanks for the friendly response.
I actually think Jesus would be okay with befriending such people.. He would not want us to judge them..

• Friendly
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

I didn't see the original question, it looks like it has been altered but from what I have gleaned......

Yes, you should befriend the male prostitute. More times than not, male prostitutes have been abused in childhood by either a man or woman they trusted. Not all mind you but a great majority have. If such a person seeks your friendship, as a Christian you must give it to them. They may be looking for someone they can trust and who is more trustworthy than a God-fearing practicing Christian. If you live in a large city, as a good friend, you can make sure he is seen at your local free clinic where he may obtain condoms, lubrication, and regular STD testing. In most counties, all on one application at the "welfare" office is General Assistance (that's cash if you can't work), SNAP (food stamps), and Medical Assistance. Pretty much every state has some form of Medical Assistance I'm pretty sure though it may be bad in some states. Depending on his answers he may or may not get GA and SNAP but he should get MA if he doesn't have medical insurance. He should get SNAP if he's not working and not living at home. As one of his friends, he may be willing to let you take him through this process. This will get him food sohe doesn't have to turn tricks just to eat. Then with MA, if he's willing, over time, you may be able to convince him to see a mental health professional. That's where his life may begin to change if he wants it to. Regardless he would have access to doctors and medication if he needs it. Treatment, methadone or whatever he needs.

As for marrying an Atheist......Like most people on here my feeling is that it'snot the best idea, just because in my personal experience, I don't know what the science is, people tent to leave the church more often than join in those situations. They don't always turn Atheist but it becomes less and less important to them and they just kind of drop of and become agnostic. Plus I think it's best if there is any chance at all that there will be any children, the parents should be united and of one mind, not in disagreement about howto raise the children. It'snot good if they receive mixed messages from their parents. They may be confused and grow up resenting one side or the other. I wish I could tell you that it doesn't matter but even objectively, not just as a Christian, I think it's probably not good.

But just remember God is all things including All-Forgiving.....God Bless.

Upvote 0