• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Is it a sin to..

Discussion in 'Serious Stuff' started by ImperfectGirl, Apr 22, 2012.

1. ImperfectGirl

ImperfectGirl Welcoming new members.. &

+1
    Lutheran
    Private
    Is it a sin to write a horror story about vampires? Here is what I'm talking about.. ---v

She was in a small dark room. The only light source was from a narrow shaft in the left corner. It cast gray dim light. He stood in the middle of the room. His face was stained with red as he stood before the innocent child whose body was limp, drained of blood. She looked around desperately, hoping to find a door, a window, anything that could help her escape. He slowly turned his gaze towards her…

Is it bad that I came up with that story? :s

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Fotis Greece

Fotis Greece Newbie

+1
    Salvation Army
    In Relationship
    UK-Labour

Why should that be a sin?... the writer of the twilight saga is christian...i don't think she is a sinner because she writes books with vampires monsters etc:cool:

3. TheUnknownPoet

TheUnknownPoet Newbie

+0
    Other Religion
    Single
    CA-Others
    Why would it be a sin?
    I enjoy many horror books, and horror movies myself, and they are not sins.

It all depends on your intention though.
    If you are writing with the intent of describing some gory murder scene to satisfy a sadistic desire within you, then yes- it's a sin.

If you're writing because you like to write, then it's not.

4. Pinta77

Pinta77 Newbie

+1
    Christian
    Single
    I don't think it's a sin. Even if the subject matter was sinful, you would only be creating a pretend scenario for others to examine.

5. Wholesome Thomas

Wholesome Thomas mostly okay

+47
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Libertarian
    God specifically commanded us not to drink blood.

So as long as the vampires are the bad guys, you're okay. In fact, I think Vampires make great villains!

6. Girder of Loins

Girder of Loins Future Math Teacher

+109
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    God gave us imaginations. My poems are probably the darkest things you'll read, and totally opposite of my normal character. Is writing a horror story wrong? It depedns. Are you writing this for God's glory? Is it to train yourself to become a better writer? Is it to explore what you can do for God's Kingdom? If it helps you're walk with God, and it isn't an obvious sin(like killing someone), then you're good. I wanna read this book when you're done, btw. I like horrors.