Dec 5, 2010
America
✟15,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Our Father is everunderstanding...

I think it depends on all the variables in a persons life... Say you have your eyes on Him,you love and fear Him. You have yet to truly, to REALLy find Him and his glory. Hypothetically one of ur parents died at a crucial age ur mother?.. Your dad is psychologically abusive. If your trying to self Medicaid your self, from grief that nearly drowns your heart. When it feels like the only way to go.
This topic has multiple contradictive perspectives I'm sure most would agree. Gods word does indeed say to live sober minded. I completely agree with that...but then again I have no intentions to disrespect you Lord...I really don't..but in the heat of the moment I would smoke pot. It rushes blood to different parts of my brains, I think with clarity an write down all my problems,(I'm a big writer) and solve em the best I can. It's the wrong way to do it I know...but I'm 16,I guess I don't really know anything...weed one of the least harmful self medication techniques out there. Depends on the person though.

I do not test our Father,I shall not use His name in vain,I shall not deny him when a gun is pointed to me head. I hope he sees how much I love him..

Upvote 0
L

Lillen

it can be sin, it can be a curse.

For instance, i can smoke ciggarettes and pray to God at the same time, thus smoking has not seperated me from God (sin is everything that keeps us away from God!).

As for medical marijuana, compared to risperdal and cisordinol, it is not sin. I can giggle for days on risperdal depot injection and hatch really ackwards ideas on cisordinol. The only diffrence from marijuana is that i don't feel euforia from it.

The thing about marijuana outside medical treatment, is that it is in connection with and is fostered by idoltary. Thus i would say that it is idoltary that is sin rather then the usage of marijuana. If you smoke marijuana without any idols, all you will get is dried eyes - no feelings of euforia, no giggling, nothing! This is why some people doesnt feel anything on marijuana.

Back to the medical aspect, if marijuana is sin then my nitrazepam usage is also sin... i get nitrazepam from my doctors, in it produces wellbeing feelings.

As for the destrucivness of marijuana - i would say that it is the treatment that causes marijuana addicts their harm.

I don't use marijuna myself, but i believe that you can be burnt at the stake for using it!

Upvote 0

Jig

Christ Follower
Oct 3, 2005
Texas
✟15,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thereisnogreaterlove, Maybe this will put it in better perspective for you.

"Would you sit down and share a joint with Jesus? If its "not a sin"..it must not be a sin for him either?...right?

Does Jesus have glaucoma?

Are you saying you would prefer to go blind instead of smoking marijuana?

You question is ridiculous. It's like asking...Would you sit down and share chemotherapy with Jesus?

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
✟7,724.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
it can be sin, it can be a curse.
The thing about marijuana outside medical treatment, is that it is in connection with and is fostered by idoltary.

Christmas, as we know it is also connected with and is fostered by idolatry. So by your standard, people who celebrate Christmas are also sinning.

Thanks for clearing that up.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

chingchang

Jul 17, 2008
New Braunfels, Texas
✟10,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Could you see Jesus hitting the pipe or bong? I couldn't! If you couldn't see Jesus doing it, then why would you do it?

Ummm....because we're not Jesus. Could you see Jesus playing Wii or watching Avatar in 3D?

CC

Upvote 0

bricklayer

Dec 26, 2009
the rust belt
✟5,120.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
How long does this person plan to linger at the lowest acceptable behavior.
Assuming it falls his side of the line, it can't be far from barely acceptable.
The first thing marijuana takes is one's aspirations.

The structures I build are not built at bare minimum building codes.
It's not for me to say if it's ok to build and sell those types of structures,
it's just not what I aspire to.

On the other hand, it's harmless. Nothing wrong with harmless, nothing wrong with beige either.

Upvote 0

chingchang

Jul 17, 2008
New Braunfels, Texas
✟10,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
How long does this person plan to linger at the lowest acceptable behavior.

According to whom? Society?

The first thing marijuana takes is one's aspirations.

Aspirations for what? Materials? Wealth?

“They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fu$#ing effort. There is a difference.” - Bill Hicks

CC

Upvote 0

ivebeenshown

Expert invisible poster and thread killer
Apr 27, 2010
✟17,740.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
God gave us herbs to be for meat (food) and not to smoke. It is also good for curing certain illnesses but smoking marijuana defeats the purpose God gave all herbs for. What are the medical benefits of smoking?

Brownies. :cool:

By the way everyone, haven't smoked in months now... and I can hit higher notes easier. Smoking in itself... is stupid. But so addictive. :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kitty.

Jun 27, 2010
South
✟16,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
One does not need to justify ingesting a seed-bearing plant that God has created for very specific reasons. Try another read of Genesis 1...

CC

God made poison ivy too. Are you going to roll in that?
Just because something is right in front of you, doesn't mean you need to partake in it.

Upvote 0

Isserus

Old Boy
Dec 1, 2010
✟7,767.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Pardon me if some of the following points have been brought up and unoriginal, though it does seem this thread is near exhaustion, and so, there are probably few left to even care...

Is it against god to smoke weed?

What does the bible say, explicitly, or otherwise?

From the little i read, some tried to justify smoking weed by saying as long as it wasn't to just simply get "stoned"

To that i say, is it wrong to get stoned? What does the bible say?
Imagine this, the world is not black and white, which means getting "stoned" isn't a black and white issue either. One could then get stoned, to a small degree, seemingly immeasurably, high. So then, my question to those previously mentioned...if getting stoned is a sin, how stoned, is too stoned?

Many other cultures use weed to have spiritual experiences. This might sound like a radical, even "wrong" practice to some. However, once you strip away all the misconceptions, generalizations, and lies about marijuana, suddenly this doesn't seem to outrageous. Anybody who's smoked weed before could see how someone might find weed useful to this end

If Christianity excludes the practice of weed then that's one thing, but i don't believe it does to my knowledge.

We are to obey the law of the land. However, the law, like the church, is a place that God allows evil to run through. We should never believe we are above truly examining our laws, and our individual religious practices.

I'm sure its been mentioned by now, but as a review of the 'drug,' thc, let's look at its nature.

Chemically non-addictive(Caffeine is, so much so i've personally felt buzzed off of coffee before)

Laziness, unmotivated, dull. These are qualities used before to describe the drug and its effects on the user. There has never been any actual scientific studies to support this, ever. They are misconceptions fed over and over to poor ignorant people to keep them in their ignorance.

Weed has a death count of 0. I think this speaks for itself. Currently legal drugs today, such as alcohol and tobacco cannot say the same.

Furthermore I've seen it mentioned here that weed is simply a way to fill a hole. Could someone who has said that please back that claim up? For that matter, why it is exclusively a "hole filler." Carrots are good for your eyes, but eat too many and i'm sure eventually you'd go blind. Point being, anything can be abused.

Who are we to say that just because something alters your mind, it's automatically bad? As i've said, coffee also alters your mind, and is addictive. Is coffee bad? The smarter question is, instead of viewing it as mind altering, why not try thinking about it as mind expanding?

Upvote 0

chingchang

Jul 17, 2008
New Braunfels, Texas
✟10,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
God made poison ivy too. Are you going to roll in that?
Just because something is right in front of you, doesn't mean you need to partake in it.

Of course not. But there are very good reasons to ingest marijuana. God created it and gave it to us for a reason. If you don't need or want it...don't ingest it.

CC

Upvote 0

chingchang

Jul 17, 2008
New Braunfels, Texas
✟10,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Pardon me if some of the following points have been brought up and unoriginal, though it does seem this thread is near exhaustion, and so, there are probably few left to even care...

Is it against god to smoke weed?

What does the bible say, explicitly, or otherwise?

From the little i read, some tried to justify smoking weed by saying as long as it wasn't to just simply get "stoned"

To that i say, is it wrong to get stoned? What does the bible say?
Imagine this, the world is not black and white, which means getting "stoned" isn't a black and white issue either. One could then get stoned, to a small degree, seemingly immeasurably, high. So then, my question to those previously mentioned...if getting stoned is a sin, how stoned, is too stoned?

Many other cultures use weed to have spiritual experiences. This might sound like a radical, even "wrong" practice to some. However, once you strip away all the misconceptions, generalizations, and lies about marijuana, suddenly this doesn't seem to outrageous. Anybody who's smoked weed before could see how someone might find weed useful to this end

If Christianity excludes the practice of weed then that's one thing, but i don't believe it does to my knowledge.

We are to obey the law of the land. However, the law, like the church, is a place that God allows evil to run through. We should never believe we are above truly examining our laws, and our individual religious practices.

I'm sure its been mentioned by now, but as a review of the 'drug,' thc, let's look at its nature.

Chemically non-addictive(Caffeine is, so much so i've personally felt buzzed off of coffee before)

Laziness, unmotivated, dull. These are qualities used before to describe the drug and its effects on the user. There has never been any actual scientific studies to support this, ever. They are misconceptions fed over and over to poor ignorant people to keep them in their ignorance.

Weed has a death count of 0. I think this speaks for itself. Currently legal drugs today, such as alcohol and tobacco cannot say the same.

Furthermore I've seen it mentioned here that weed is simply a way to fill a hole. Could someone who has said that please back that claim up? For that matter, why it is exclusively a "hole filler." Carrots are good for your eyes, but eat too many and i'm sure eventually you'd go blind. Point being, anything can be abused.

Who are we to say that just because something alters your mind, it's automatically bad? As i've said, coffee also alters your mind, and is addictive. Is coffee bad? The smarter question is, instead of viewing it as mind altering, why not try thinking about it as mind expanding?

Shame on you for using reason!!! :p

CC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

addo

Jan 29, 2010
Spain
✟16,049.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have not read the whole post, so this may have already been said, but still, this is my opinion.

It is not good for a Christian to smoke marijuana for it does not allow you to think clearly. Things that alter how are mind functions for the worst are not to be taken,

Upvote 0

Isserus

Old Boy
Dec 1, 2010
✟7,767.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have not read the whole post, so this may have already been said, but still, this is my opinion.

It is not good for a Christian to smoke marijuana for it does not allow you to think clearly. Things that alter how are mind functions for the worst are not to be taken,

No worries, i was late to this thread too. Although, if you'd read my post just above yours you'd see i did mention what you just said.

You say it alters how your mind functions for the worst, but tat is only your opinion. Science, and years of other cultures using weed, would have something else to say. The face is, many substances we consume daily 'alter' ones mind, so why poopoo weed? Remember weed is a substance that is physically benign, and can alter your perception, arguably for the good.

Upvote 0

Armistead14

Mar 18, 2006
✟9,449.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Obvious pot has many good uses. My Uncles Doctors told him to smoke it during and after cancer treatment. He suffered no vomitting. Pot does make you want to eat and he easily kept his weight up.

I have a nerve disease and my Neuro told me that it would be helpful. I tried it a few times, but I hate the taste and smell, so gave it up.

Facts show in nations where pot was made legal, the actual use went down or remained the same.

Upvote 0

Kaitlin08

Dec 4, 2010
✟8,896.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
US-Democrat
Just a thought: even weed can trigger mental illnesses in people. There might not be any safe recreational drug if a person is living with an undiagnosed mental illness.

Marijuana has long been known to trigger attacks of mental illness, such as bipolar (manic-depressive) psychosis and schizophrenia. This connection with mental illness should make health care providers for terminally ill patients and the patients themselves, who may already be suffering from some form of clinical depression, weigh very carefully the pros and cons of adopting a therapeutic course of marijuana.

In the short term, marijuana use impairs perception, judgment, thinking, memory, and learning; memory defects may persist six weeks after last use. Mental disorders connected with marijuana use merit their own category in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) IV, published by the American Psychiatric Association. These include Cannabis Intoxication (consisting of impaired motor coordination, anxiety, impaired judgment, sensation of slowed time, social withdrawal, and often includes perceptual disturbances; Cannabis Intoxication Delirium (memory deficit, disorientation); Cannabis Induced Psychotic Disorder, Delusions; Cannabis Induced Psychotic Disorder, Hallucinations; and Cannabis Induced Anxiety Disorder.
THE MEDICAL DANGERS OF MARIJUANA USE

Upvote 0